The Student Room Group

On a break with my boyfriend- should I sleep with his friend??

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for over half a year but we have decided to have a "break" from our relationship as we were arguing a lot. For example, I've just finished my university exams and he would get annoyed when I spent the whole day studying. Also, he often tried to sleep/ make out with me when we went to bed but I wasn't in the mood because I was stressed about exams and that made him really moody with me.

Anyway, we decided to go on a break as of yesterday but I'm not really sure what he means by break. I went to my best friend's house party last night and ended up having a panic attack in her bathroom. A guy (who happens to be close friends with my boyfriend) came in and he knew I was having a panic attack so he knelt down on the floor next to me and did deep breathing with me until I calmed down. He also wrapped his arm around me and I lay my head on his chest and I felt a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach.
He asked me if there was anything he could do to make me feel better and without thinking, I said "kiss me". He looked shocked and asked about me and my boyfriend and I told him we were on a break.
Then he hesitated for a moment before saying "well as long as this will make you feel better" and he started kissing me. We lay on the bathroom floor like that for a while and honestly, it felt like he was my boyfriend in that moment. I tried to unzip his jeans (I was quite tipsy) but he said that he didn't want to take advantage of me because I was in a vulnerable position. He has always been nice to me but I've never seen him in a romantic way until now.

I already have his number and he texted me earlier to say that he didn't mean to come off as rejecting and that if I was sure that I wanted to sleep with him then he'd be happy to. I feel like I really want to but then I am worried about being disloyal to my actual boyfriend.

Would it be bad of me to do this during our 'break'?

Scroll to see replies

wow
I would.
Thats a pretty **** thing to do...
would you mind if he slept with your friend? your own answer is the answer you are seeking
Wow that's nasty. Break up then do what you want. Otherwise you're a *****. :|
Lol what the ****? Listen to yourself. A break isnt an excuse to go hoeing around...
Wow. The word disgusting doesn't do justice here.
Well that guy clearly never heard of bros before hoes. And you a hoe, gurl.
Reply 9
Just break up with your boyfriend and then do what you want. Also you keep putting "break" in speech marks like so. Why is that?
Commit to one of them if you want a serious relationship. Tell your Bf that you want to break up with him as I think you clearly like his friend and he's interested.
Original post by Fermion.
Lol what the ****? Listen to yourself. A break isnt an excuse to go hoeing around...

Then what's it for?
If you want it to turn from a break to a full on break up, then yes, because I can guarantee you this won't sit at all well with your BF and you're also going to cause that friendship he has to crumble.
Original post by Anonymous
So my boyfriend and I have been dating for over half a year but we have decided to have a "break" from our relationship as we were arguing a lot. For example, I've just finished my university exams and he would get annoyed when I spent the whole day studying. Also, he often tried to sleep/ make out with me when we went to bed but I wasn't in the mood because I was stressed about exams and that made him really moody with me.

Anyway, we decided to go on a break as of yesterday but I'm not really sure what he means by break. I went to my best friend's house party last night and ended up having a panic attack in her bathroom. A guy (who happens to be close friends with my boyfriend) came in and he knew I was having a panic attack so he knelt down on the floor next to me and did deep breathing with me until I calmed down. He also wrapped his arm around me and I lay my head on his chest and I felt a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach.
He asked me if there was anything he could do to make me feel better and without thinking, I said "kiss me". He looked shocked and asked about me and my boyfriend and I told him we were on a break.
Then he hesitated for a moment before saying "well as long as this will make you feel better" and he started kissing me. We lay on the bathroom floor like that for a while and honestly, it felt like he was my boyfriend in that moment. I tried to unzip his jeans (I was quite tipsy) but he said that he didn't want to take advantage of me because I was in a vulnerable position. He has always been nice to me but I've never seen him in a romantic way until now.

I already have his number and he texted me earlier to say that he didn't mean to come off as rejecting and that if I was sure that I wanted to sleep with him then he'd be happy to. I feel like I really want to but then I am worried about being disloyal to my actual boyfriend.

pretty sure if you have sex with his mate you will 100000000% not get back with your boyfriend. you and the friend are bad people
Well that was silly
You're probably feel vulnerable and your head all over the place. This is not a rational thing to do , spend some time on your own to clear
Your head . Don't do anything you'll regret
Reply 16

You don't too sure yourself tbh. Don't be disloyal, you wanna sleep with someone else you break up with your bf. I mean, how would you feel if he slept with your friend?

You mean you broke up and want to move on.

Nothing wrong with that.

No. No it is not.

Unless the definition of your "break" with your current boyfriend has been communicated as one where you are allowed to sleep with other people, then you should remain faithful; presumably you've had this break to get your heads straight and take time away from each other so that when you start being together again, things will be much better for you both. By having a physical relationship with this other guy, everything you've built with your boyfriend will be gone. You would be cheating.

At the moment you're emotional and someone offered their support. In a moment of vulnerability and whilst under the influence of alcohol you had a moment of "weakness" whereby you kissed this guy and wanted some more fun. This "feeling" you had in your stomach was that of something new, something exciting, but something not morally right. By all means, go do something with this other guy if you truly feel as if you want to, but end things with your currently boyfriend; otherwise you're just being dishonest and selfish.
Reply 19
Even if you are on a break, he would still feel hurt if you engaged in coital intercourse with his friend.

Quick Reply