The Student Room Group

Tombre's 100 or so day journey to all A*s!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
9 EXAMS DOWN, 5 TO GO :biggrin:

So last time I dropped in I had done Drama Unit 2, RS and B3.

I have now also done C3, Drama Unit 1, Spanish Listening and Reading, P3 and P2.

C3 was a dream, so many nice questions, nothing too challenging at all.
Drama 1 was idk. It just depends on if the examiner likes my essays.
Spanish listening was meh, first half good, second half tricky. The reading paper was a godsend and THERE WAS NO GAP FILL :biggrin:
P3 was mixed... Some questions were very easy (6 MARK QUESTION ON SEISMIC WAVES :tongue:) and others were very "wat." Everyone found it quite challenging but I didn't find it too bad. My answers also matched up with a lot of peoples.
P2 was so so so nice. I was the only person retaking it so I was in the middle of the hall on my own after everyone had already finished either P3 or P2 which was so weird. The 6 mark questions were nice and most of the paper was maths.

I have English Literature on Friday which I really want to do well in!
Good luck for lit! I hope we get nice questions. :smile:
Reply 202
Original post by misstiah_h
Good luck for lit! I hope we get nice questions. :smile:

(A bit late but) Thank you! I had a very nice paper :smile: How did yours go?
Original post by Tombre
(A bit late but) Thank you! I had a very nice paper :smile: How did yours go?

Actually a lot better than expected thanks :biggrin:
Reply 204
Just dropping in quickly to say that I hate revision :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

I'm so not looking forward to this new spec English Language exam and also I've been so focused on doing that and also having an active social life that I've neglected Geography quite a bit, so now I'm having a great time completely sweating coasts. I think I'm alright with the human geography themes, I just need to brush up on a couple of facts and figures, but I should be fine with those. I should have revised for coasts much earlier, since there is actually more to it than mainly case studies... Summer is not coming fast enough...
(edited 6 years ago)
Good luck! I hope your exams are going well so far.

I also want to study medicine and hopefully end up studying oncology and I am aiming to achieve all A*s at GCSE as well.

You seem to be very hard working.

Good Luck :h::h::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 206
Original post by NuttyPancake1234
Good luck! I hope your exams are going well so far.

I also want to study medicine and hopefully end up studying oncology and I am aiming to achieve all A*s at GCSE as well.

You seem to be very hard working.

Good Luck :h::h::biggrin::biggrin:

Thank you so much! They seem to be going pretty well for me, how about yours? :smile:

Good luck with your goals! I'm sure you'll achieve them!

Haha, thank you, so many people tell me that, but I swear I wish I was as hard working as I seem :biggrin:

Good luck with your exams! :h:
Original post by Tombre
Thank you so much! They seem to be going pretty well for me, how about yours? :smile:

Good luck with your goals! I'm sure you'll achieve them!

Haha, thank you, so many people tell me that, but I swear I wish I was as hard working as I seem :biggrin:

Good luck with your exams! :h:

Some have been alright...
AQA chemistry (personally) was quite hard, even though a lot of people came out of the exam and said it was a piece of cake...:eek::s-smilie:
But I always feel as if my exams go terribly and I have no idea why?!:tongue:

I'm glad that yours are going well; i'm positive that you will get all the grades that you desire.
A lot of people tell me that I am also very hard working and that I 'work for hours', but I wish... :biggrin:

What are you taking for your A levels?
:tongue:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 208
How did you find the new English language paper ? I thought I personally did much better than my mock

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 209
Some have been alright...
AQA chemistry (personally) was quite hard, even though a lot of people came out of the exam and said it was a piece of cake...:eek::s-smilie:
But I always feel as if my exams go terribly and I have no idea why?!:tongue:

I'm glad that yours are going well; i'm positive that you will get all the grades that you desire.
A lot of people tell me that I am also very hard working and that I 'work for hours', but I wish... :biggrin:

What are you taking for your A levels?
:tongue:

That's good to hear and don't worry about Chemistry, I'm sure it went much better than you think and besides, it's only 25% of the grade! And like you said, you always feel like they go badly for no reason, so the chances are that it didn't actually go badly! :smile:

Thank you! Haha same here! :biggrin:

At the moment, my plan for A Levels is Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. What are you taking?
Reply 210
Original post by Jpijx
How did you find the new English language paper ? I thought I personally did much better than my mock

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it was okay! Same here, I was quite proud of my writing!
Reply 211
12 EXAMS DOWN, 2 TO GO
Lol I'm so glad I had the chance to do modular GCSEs, I couldn't imagine doing about 25 exams this summer!

Last time I dropped in I had done Drama Unit 1 and 2, RS, B3, C3, Spanish, P2 and P3.

I have now done English Literature (ages ago lol), English Language Paper 1 and Geography Paper 2!

English Lit went pretty well, I'd say, but it's always hard to judge with Lit. :tongue:

English Language was okay I think, I was proud of my creative writing but I find it pretty hard to guess how I did in the reading section, although I do feel happy with my answers. :h:

Geography was tricky but doable. There were some odd questions, but I wasn't completely thrown by anything, so I should be okay! :smile:

Today I have had a quick look over the layout for letters, reviews, articles and reports. Tomorrow I'm going to do some practice papers and revise persuasive techniques! After English Language Paper 2, I'm going to spend the following 10 days revising Additional Maths, which I haven't touched at all yet.
Original post by Tombre
That's good to hear and don't worry about Chemistry, I'm sure it went much better than you think and besides, it's only 25% of the grade! And like you said, you always feel like they go badly for no reason, so the chances are that it didn't actually go badly! :smile:

Thank you! Haha same here! :biggrin:

At the moment, my plan for A Levels is Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. What are you taking?

I feel as if i've failed some things... way to go Natasha... :frown:

I'm taking biology, chemistry, psychology and maths (hopefully)

I was hoping for all A*s, but I don't think i'll get them now :s-smilie:

:smile:
Reply 213
I feel as if i've failed some things... way to go Natasha... :frown:

I'm taking biology, chemistry, psychology and maths (hopefully)

I was hoping for all A*s, but I don't think i'll get them now :s-smilie:

:smile:

I'm sure you will achieve your goal :h:

Good choices! Psychology sounds pretty interesting! :biggrin:
Reply 214
Thank You, Good Luck and Goodbye (For Now!) :grouphugs:

I just wanted to say thank you for everyone who has supported me on this approx. 100 day journey I started in January. So many of you have been so supportive and I'm happy that I've met so many nice, smart, amazing people through doing this and reading other blogs. :h:

My GCSE and FSMQ exams finished on Thursday and so I guess all my work here is done! I'll be posting on results day to confirm my results (maybe I will achieved my perhaps over-ambitious goal, maybe not :tongue:). I suppose I'll see you then (and in the next GYG!). If I do feel super bored and somehow motivated to do some work in the summer I will post it, although this is VERY unlikely :biggrin:

Have an amazing summer everybody. If you still have exams I wish you the best of luck everyone! See you in all in August! :wink:

(This is weirdly kind of sad, I have no idea why :smile:)
Original post by Tombre
Thank You, Good Luck and Goodbye (For Now!) :grouphugs:

I just wanted to say thank you for everyone who has supported me on this approx. 100 day journey I started in January. So many of you have been so supportive and I'm happy that I've met so many nice, smart, amazing people through doing this and reading other blogs. :h:

My GCSE and FSMQ exams finished on Thursday and so I guess all my work here is done! I'll be posting on results day to confirm my results (maybe I will achieved my perhaps over-ambitious goal, maybe not :tongue:). I suppose I'll see you then (and in the next GYG!). If I do feel super bored and somehow motivated to do some work in the summer I will post it, although this is VERY unlikely :biggrin:

Have an amazing summer everybody. If you still have exams I wish you the best of luck everyone! See you in all in August! :wink:

(This is weirdly kind of sad, I have no idea why :smile:)

You did it!!! Well done for getting through all of your exams, I'm sure you've done brilliantly! :awesome:

How are you celebrating being free at last? Was a year ago now for me :moon: Enjoy your long summer ahead! :biggrin:

See you in August, look forward to seeing how you've done :hugs:

(Aw, it's always sad bringing a GYG to a close :emo: Glad to hear you're doing it again next year though, I look forward to it!)
Reply 216
Original post by Protostar
You did it!!! Well done for getting through all of your exams, I'm sure you've done brilliantly! :awesome:

How are you celebrating being free at last? Was a year ago now for me :moon: Enjoy your long summer ahead! :biggrin:

See you in August, look forward to seeing how you've done :hugs:

(Aw, it's always sad bringing a GYG to a close :emo: Glad to hear you're doing it again next year though, I look forward to it!)

Thank you so so much! You too! :biggrin:

I have prom and a bunch of parties lined up over the next few days and then next week I'm going away to Florida, which should be awesome! :tongue: How about you?

Wow a year on, that must feel insane! Thanks! :h: Do you not get the super long summer in AS year? :s-smilie:

Yes! See you then, I'm sure you've smashed AS!

(It really does feel weird :cry: And YESSSSS I'm excited to actually have on for an entire school year, the way you did!)
Hey, sorry I haven't checked in in ages! I really hope you're enjoying your summer and wish you the best of luck for August! :smile:
Reply 218
Original post by buzzyambee
Hey, sorry I haven't checked in in ages! I really hope you're enjoying your summer and wish you the best of luck for August! :smile:

Thank you so much! Same to you! :biggrin:
Reply 219
lol results day tOmOrRoW... brb preparing to die. Nah, tbh I don't even care at this point, I just wanna know. Will keep you updated... going in tomorrow at 9 hdubrDBFUBVIURBV ok bye, see ya tomorrow! :tongue: Good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending