The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol university accommodation 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by OliviaBa
Hi, do you know any other accommodation that's good out of Stoke bishop? Clifton are all first choice only and I put Manor as my first. I don't know what to do for my second choice because I'd rather not be in Stoke bishop because of the distance. I know this isn't advice you offered but I thought you might know people who went to other accommodation outside Stoke bishop? Thanks so much!!

Hey, when I applied you could put Clifton Hill House as your second (it was my second) - can you still do that? It is catered though. Otherwise New Bridewell is a good option, close to uni, in a nice area and all the flats are incredibly nice and modern. Failing that Northwell is also pretty nice, but not as modern and a bit further away, or any of the ones you can put as your third choice! Good luck, I'm sure you'll like wherever you end up.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 21
Thank you so much for your help! I have chosen New Bridewell. It looks really nice!
Original post by urz13
Hey, when I applied you could put Clifton Hill House as your second (it was my second) - can you still do that? It is catered though. Otherwise New Bridewell is a good option, close to uni, in a nice area and all the flats are incredibly nice and modern. Failing that Northwell is also pretty nice, but not as modern and a bit further away, or any of the ones you can put as your third choice! Good luck, I'm sure you'll like wherever you end up.
Original post by urz13
I've just finished my first year and I can't recommend the Clifton halls (Goldney, Manor and Clifton Hill House) highly enough. They're all a good standard with nice gardens, in the most beautiful part of the city and only a really short 10 min walk to Uni. You'll really appreciate having a short walk to lectures as opposed to having to wait for and then catch a bus to and from uni all the time, which a lot of my friends couldn't be bothered to do and so skipped a lot of lectures.

Plus, you're still close to the city centre and only 5mins from the Triangle which is full of clubs. If you've got any questions about the Clifton halls feel free to message me - I was in Clifton Hill House but know a bit about both Manor and Goldney too.

Hi, i reallly like the sort of mini-camps community so I'm thinking the clifton residencces look lovely, but i do quite a lot of running an wasnt sure if there was as much space fr that as there might be out at stoke bishop?
Original post by urz13
I've just finished my first year and I can't recommend the Clifton halls (Goldney, Manor and Clifton Hill House) highly enough. They're all a good standard with nice gardens, in the most beautiful part of the city and only a really short 10 min walk to Uni. You'll really appreciate having a short walk to lectures as opposed to having to wait for and then catch a bus to and from uni all the time, which a lot of my friends couldn't be bothered to do and so skipped a lot of lectures. Plus, you're still close to the city centre and only 5mins from the Triangle which is full of clubs. If you've got any questions about the Clifton halls feel free to message me - I was in Clifton Hill House but know a bit about both Manor and Goldney too.
Hi, I've spoken to someone who has also just finished their first year in Clifton Campus. They said it's really good because it's close to town and clubs etc., (which is definitely what I want!!).. but I've also read that Stoke Bishop is 'more sociable', as they have more house parties, and there's more of a 'community' feel in Stoke Bishop.So basically I'm just asking if the Clifton halls still have a 'community' feel, because the last thing I'd want is to feel lonely or homesick or anything, if you get me:smile: Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending