The Student Room Group

Head Boy Letter help - FAST PLZZZZ

So Monday ( tomorrow) is the deadline for when we have to give in a letter on applying for head boy. We only had a weekend to write it and I didn't think I was going to until about now (had a really busy weekend).
So basically I need help the school wants me to write my vision for the role and why I should be head boy and also one idea I'd like to develop. The idea bit is what I'm struggling on I have thought of a few like Computing for younger kids and things like that but if any of you could give some really good ideas or general help with the application I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you, and plz i don't have long. ( I will check TSR early tomorrow morning too)
Original post by peeked
So Monday ( tomorrow) is the deadline for when we have to give in a letter on applying for head boy. We only had a weekend to write it and I didn't think I was going to until about now (had a really busy weekend).
So basically I need help the school wants me to write my vision for the role and why I should be head boy and also one idea I'd like to develop. The idea bit is what I'm struggling on I have thought of a few like Computing for younger kids and things like that but if any of you could give some really good ideas or general help with the application I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you, and plz i don't have long. ( I will check TSR early tomorrow morning too)

Tell them what qualities you have that make you suitable for the role.
If there is any impressive previous experience that is similar, tell them about it.

What sort of policies/programmes would you implement? You've said "Computing for younger kids" but what does that mean? Creating a computing club or trying to improve the accessibility of computers to younger kids? Personally I don't see this as a very strong idea as there isn't a lot you could do as Head Boy unless you get a large budget.

Perhaps suggesting that you'll run an event, progress the school towards an award such as the Rights Respecting Schools Award (I did this as head boy and it was good) or change something about the school by implementing a programme or policy.

If you can't think of anything, what does your school lack that could be improved on? Possibly improving on behaviour of students or making students' opinions more heard by the Head Teacher/Governors?
Reply 2
Original post by AHappyStudent
Tell them what qualities you have that make you suitable for the role.
If there is any impressive previous experience that is similar, tell them about it.

What sort of policies/programmes would you implement? You've said "Computing for younger kids" but what does that mean? Creating a computing club or trying to improve the accessibility of computers to younger kids? Personally I don't see this as a very strong idea as there isn't a lot you could do as Head Boy unless you get a large budget.

Perhaps suggesting that you'll run an event, progress the school towards an award such as the Rights Respecting Schools Award (I did this as head boy and it was good) or change something about the school by implementing a programme or policy.

If you can't think of anything, what does your school lack that could be improved on? Possibly improving on behaviour of students or making students' opinions more heard by the Head Teacher/Governors?

Bro, really appreciate the reply. I searched up and wrote about the Rights Respecting Schools Award as like another idea, thank you sooo much.:h:
Original post by peeked
Bro, really appreciate the reply. I searched up and wrote about the Rights Respecting Schools Award as like another idea, thank you sooo much.:h:

Np. If you get an interview, make sure that you thoroughly research it beforehand so you know what you can realistically achieve within your year as HB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending