The Student Room Group

PREDICTIONS FOR OCR POLITICS A2 GLOBAL POLITICS UNIT 3D - global politics

Anyone good at making predictions for this paper & Unit 4D paper for global politics ?

Scroll to see replies

im going to watch this thread, have you figured out a pattern or anything yet?
Reply 2
nope and no one else is responding I think it will be a 45 marker on Liberalism like is peace and cooperation inevitable features of global politics or NATO hasn't come up in a long time what about you what do you think will come up
Topic 1: is conflict and war an inevitable feature of global politics? (Are realists right?)/ something on globalisation Topic2: does the USA remain a global hegemon? / to what extent is the global system now multipolar?
i think its also bc you marked it as ocr, are you sure its not edexcel
I think it's likely that a globalisation question will come up for the 45 markers particularly something on monoculture.
For the 15s I've spotted a pattern and I think that eu or global governance will be the ones that come up twice.
I think something on the WTO and multi or bipolarity will come as a 15 too
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Exam wasn't bad it's alright actually how did the exam go for you lot and which question did you do ?
Original post by ramosman12
Exam wasn't bad it's alright actually how did the exam go for you lot and which question did you do ?

I did the hard power/soft power question, the decline of the nation state and realist approach to global politics

For the 45 marker I did US's decline as a hegemon.

Found the questions pretty simple- very comfortable exam.
What questions did you do?
Reply 8
same I don't wan't to jinx it but I missed like key facts only for one question but other than that too well. What happens if you miss like a date I wrote the USA has 700 military bases in over 100 states but I missed the date in 2007
same I don't wan't to jinx it but I missed like key facts only for one question but other than that too well. What happens if you miss like a date I wrote the USA has 700 military bases in over 100 states but I missed the date in 2007

I don't think the dates matter too much, as long as you are roughly correct. Writing 700 military bases in over 100 countries is a good fact on its own.
Reply 10
Thanks I forgot the fact on McDonald has 300,00 outlets in over 119 countries but there wasn't enogh time how about you how did it go and what did you write for the nation state one
Reply 11
enough
Thanks I forgot the fact on McDonald has 300,00 outlets in over 119 countries but there wasn't enogh time how about you how did it go and what did you write for the nation state one

I wrote about permeable borders, globalization and non state actors. I'm worried I got confused with state sovereignty but I think all of the above three factors are good enough for the nation state question.

I'm worried that because everyone wrote the US hegemon 45 marker that the grade boundaries might be higher.
So many people answered the hegemon question but I did the one on major institutions. It was good exam I think but I wasn't expecting nato at all - I think I messed that one up
Original post by Mjackson1999
So many people answered the hegemon question but I did the one on major institutions. It was good exam I think but I wasn't expecting nato at all - I think I messed that one up

Apart from the NATO question, what two other 15 markers did you do?
I did nation state, realist approach to politics, and hard/soft power.
The realist approach and hard power soft power. I was so happy with the hard/soft power question. Literally the entire year I was just hoping that comes as a 15
Reply 16
same or nation states permeable borders globalisation and sovereignty think I got it mixed up I don't know any predictions for unit 4D cuz you lot predicted the 45 marker right ?
Reply 17
omg I didn't mention Trump in a bloody USA hegemony in declime question I wrote about the Bush administration damn damn damn
Reply 18
military economic and strategic and culutural power I wrote about as well would it lower my marks though such an idiot
military economic and strategic and culutural power I wrote about as well would it lower my marks though such an idiot

No I don't think you'll lose any marks because I actually planned that question a while back and that's how the examiners report said to structure it so if anything it's better you did that

Quick Reply

Latest