The Student Room Group

How are QA Apprenticeships?

I've been eyeing on QA Apprenticeships since the start of the year and am considering to apply now. I checked the rating on Google and it was rated 2.8/5. Many of the reviews say this training provider isn't quite good.

Anyone who has worked with QA apprenticeships, are the rating and the reviews true?

There was another IT training provider I was looking at, and that was JustIT. I don't think I saw anything but do JustIT have a degree progression option?
Reply 2

Thanks. I kind of want to apply to QA Apprenticeships because they are partnered with University of Roehampton and have a degree progression track but on the other hand, I'd also want to be with a good company. I know that some of the reviews may not necessarily reflect the company, but there aren't many stories or reviews about this company.

Should I ignore the reviews and the ratings and hope those reviews aren't representative of the company, or play it safe?
Reply 3
Original post by TSRAlex
Thanks. I kind of want to apply to QA Apprenticeships because they are partnered with University of Roehampton and have a degree progression track but on the other hand, I'd also want to be with a good company. I know that some of the reviews may not necessarily reflect the company, but there aren't many stories or reviews about this company.

Should I ignore the reviews and the ratings and hope those reviews aren't representative of the company, or play it safe?

I preferred the security of a big company and the job prospect at the end, hence I'm with JLR.

It's personal preference, but my apprenticeship was about getting a job, not a qualification
Reply 4
Original post by Tubbz
I preferred the security of a big company and the job prospect at the end, hence I'm with JLR.

It's personal preference, but my apprenticeship was about getting a job, not a qualification

I think I'll go for it and hope it goes well. Personally, I want to have best of both worlds; both job prospects and qualifications but opportunities like these are rare. Thanks for your opinion.
Original post by TSRAlex

I think you're speaking about the apprenticeship I've applied for and managed to get an offer with. The apprenticeship I've applied for also is partnered with University of Roehampton and the training provider is QA. From attending the interview and assessment centre I got the impression that the degree apprenticeship will be incredibly valuable as it's with a top 10 global management consultancy firm and has made me somewhat feel optimistic about my career prospects in the future.

I've made a dedicated thread for applicants if interested:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4569972
Reply 6
Original post by squirrology
I think you're speaking about the apprenticeship I've applied for and managed to get an offer with. The apprenticeship I've applied for also is partnered with University of Roehampton and the training provider is QA. From attending the interview and assessment centre I got the impression that the degree apprenticeship will be incredibly valuable as it's with a top 10 global management consultancy firm and has made me somewhat feel optimistic about my career prospects in the future.

I've made a dedicated thread for applicants if interested:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4569972

I considered about applying for that apprenticeship before but given that it is a high profile company with limited spaces, I wasn't really confident enough about myself being successful. Besides, it isn't really what I was looking for in terms of the role and the applications are closed off.

So I was thinking about applying with QA Apprenticeships and start from the bottom (Advanced) and work my way up but as mentioned above, I created this thread because I saw the reviews and ratings of the company and it raised some concerns for me.
Reply 7
I want to know if it's a good company too, thinking about going into a technology apprenticeship
As an employer, we have found QA to be good at providing us with a candidate and OK at the training side of things.

We have a degree-level software development apprentice and the course is very light on tutorials .. i.e there is a lot of reliance on self-learning which is to be expected with a degree.

the quality of any apprenticeship is almost completely dependent on the job you get whilst studying, therefore I would recommend registering with as many apprenticeship providers as possible. so you don't miss out on jobs that are available, but not with your provider.

If you find a job through an apprenticeship provider, you could always ask the employer to use a different provider to give you the training. We would consider it in certain circumstances.

Good luck.

PS Im looking for an apprentice in the bolton area. (this will be filled quickly so don't respond after Feb 2018. Cheers)
I am currently with QA on the IT degree, but I want to leave.I have 1yr uni behind me and a few professional certs, by far QA has been the worst training I've ever had. In covid times you do 8 weekly WebEx sessions then last two weeks is for exam / assignment. But in the WebEx sessions you cover less that one percent of the content and the rest is buried within canvas and mostly slideshows. You do get a free sub to vle ebooks. Other negatives is:No student discountsNot government backed (student council tax discount etc)Still subject to apprentice wage.The degree is QA specific so it has little renown for applying for jobs after the corse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending