The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Inister
Detail > standard of English so I wouldn't worry too much.

I always aim for 12/15 for fifteen markers (or the equivalent for the 45 markers) because this will normally get you to the A* boundary

I'm much less confident with 4B, though at least I have about a week to revise it. If it's a nationalism 45 marker, i'll be fine as I find it to be by far the easiest of all the ideologies in both units. But multiculturalism and ecologism (i'm not revising fem) are so abstract and we've learnt them more recently, so they're less solidified in my mind that the "core" ones like Liberalism and Conservatism

Yeah this is my A*, I normally aim for 14ish. I am also less confident with unit 4, but I find feminism 45 markers the easiest generally. And yeah multiculturalism is generally terrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by rayofsunshine98
Anyone do AQA biology today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently it was tough
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Apparently it was tough

That's a bit of an understatement. There were tears, that's all I'm saying.
That's a bit of an understatement. There were tears, that's all I'm saying.

That's what I heard as well... hope you all are ok :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88

Posted from TSR Mobile

We'll survive... guess it means grade boundaries will be lower
We'll survive... guess it means grade boundaries will be lower

Yeah apparently there wasn't much from the spec

Omg I have exams for the rest of this week and I feel ill I wish I was calmer in exam situations 😂
Yeah apparently there wasn't much from the spec

Omg I have exams for the rest of this week and I feel ill I wish I was calmer in exam situations 😂

Same - I literally want to puke rn but my chem teacher isnt even in to calm me down :frown:
Same - I literally want to puke rn but my chem teacher isnt even in to calm me down :frown:

*internet hugs*

I believe in you 💕
*internet hugs*

I believe in you 💕

Thank you that's actually really helped :smile: I'm just glad there's a law exam on at the same time today :smile:
Thank you that's actually really helped :smile: I'm just glad there's a law exam on at the same time today :smile:

You are welcome! You really are welcome. May I ask how it went??? Sending you all the best buddy :biggrin:

I have an exam tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday. I don't think I'll fail, but I don't think I'll get my grades. I want my grades but if it doesn't happen, well, it doesn't happen. Nothing more we can do once we've done the exams!! Hopefully the examiners will be nice but ah well life must go on and we must follow the path that is laid out for us.

Also, on a personal note, my Dad said that if I only miss narrowly and Cambridge don't take me its their loss because given the amount of shi*t happening in my life for the last few years, this year being probably the worst ever in terms of sh*t messing me about (always near exams? WHY?) I've done remarkably well and can only do better. :redface:
(edited 6 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are you a pikachu
Original post by NeverLucky
Why are you a pikachu

is there an issue with being a pikachu? pokemon have rights too you know
is there an issue with being a pikachu? pokemon have rights too you know

Pokémon was my favourite thing as a kid :biggrin: I still like it oops lol

I put Pokemon in my personal statement...

...and got asked about it at interview...

...mortifying. 😅😂😭
Original post by Steliata
I put Pokemon in my personal statement...

...and got asked about it at interview...

...mortifying. 😅😂😭

That's quite funny am I allowed to ask what they asked pertaining to Pokémon yet :lol:
That's quite funny am I allowed to ask what they asked pertaining to Pokémon yet :lol:

Oh yeah lol

Basically I was talking in the statement about how my interest in Japan started with Pokemon and how I found out it came from Japan but then matured and grew into literature, culture etc. So I mentioned Pokemon in passing basically.

Then in the interview they asked where I would like to go first in Japan and I said the Golden Temple in Kyoto because I'd been reading a book about it and it looked interesting, and then the chairman of Japanese Studies (my interviewer) was like 'well we thought you'd say the Pokemon Center but never mind' 😂😂😂

I love Pokemon :tongue: Always will :biggrin:
Oh yeah lol

Basically I was talking in the statement about how my interest in Japan started with Pokemon and how I found out it came from Japan but then matured and grew into literature, culture etc. So I mentioned Pokemon in passing basically.

Then in the interview they asked where I would like to go first in Japan and I said the Golden Temple in Kyoto because I'd been reading a book about it and it looked interesting, and then the chairman of Japanese Studies (my interviewer) was like 'well we thought you'd say the Pokemon Center but never mind' 😂😂😂

I've been to the golden temple :tongue: really marvellous but there were too many tourists so took away the magic somewhat

Never been to the large Pokemon Mall Centre thing though... heard it was spectacular from friends :moon:
I love Pokemon :tongue: Always will :biggrin:

We need to have a Pokémon battle do you have any of the newer games??
Oh yeah lol

My childhood dream is to go there omg to the Pokémon centre 😂

Latest

Trending

Trending