The Student Room Group

How does resitting maths work?

Because I'm convinced I've failed maths it'd be helpful if someone could give me some idea of what happens with the resit? Of course I'm hoping I won't have to and that I have passed but I'd like to have some understanding just in case.
Original post by dannybjarkason
Because I'm convinced I've failed maths it'd be helpful if someone could give me some idea of what happens with the resit? Of course I'm hoping I won't have to and that I have passed but I'd like to have some understanding just in case.

I think you do the resit in November. You also need to inform the school or college you are going to go to that you may need to resit Maths.
Reply 2

You should get a chance to sit it in November. A little more than 2 months you can then re-sit it.
Reply 3
Original post by S2M
You should get a chance to sit it in November. A little more than 2 months you can then re-sit it.

So you're allowed to resit the new 9-1 maths gcse this November? If so, do you know when and where can you find out resit date in November?
Reply 4
Original post by sara_s01
So you're allowed to resit the new 9-1 maths gcse this November? If so, do you know when and where can you find out resit date in November?

AQA or Edexcel?
Reply 5
Original post by S2M
AQA or Edexcel?

Edexcel
Reply 6
Edexcel

Paper 1- 2nd November 2017 AM
Paper 2- 6th November 2017 AM
Paper 3- 8th November 2017 AM
Reply 7
Original post by S2M
Paper 1- 2nd November 2017 AM
Paper 2- 6th November 2017 AM
Paper 3- 8th November 2017 AM

Thank you so much, did you find this on the edexcel website?
Reply 8
Thank you so much, did you find this on the edexcel website?

You just type: 'Edexcel GCSE exam timetable 2017 November'. This first search or second should be it.
Reply 9
Original post by S2M
You just type: 'Edexcel GCSE exam timetable 2017 November'. This first search or second should be it.

Can u retake maths although u got C in it.
Reply 10
Original post by S2M

Ah right, thank you I asked so many people but they were unsure of when the next resits would be.
Reply 11
Original post by Hussein__
Can u retake maths although u got C in it.

If your school/college lets you then you can. Otherwise, you can re-sit it privately but you'll have to find a centre to register your exams at. You also have to pay to sit each exam and the prices vary from centre to centre.
Reply 12
Ah right, thank you I asked so many people but they were unsure of when the next resits would be.

You're welcome. :smile: I think those are the final dates, so I don't think they will change those dates.
Original post by S2M
If your school/college lets you then you can. Otherwise, you can re-sit it privately but you'll have to find a centre to register your exams at. You also have to pay to sit each exam and the prices vary from centre to centre.

Apprechiate that
Reply 14
Original post by Hussein__
Apprechiate that

No problem. :smile:
Original post by JuSt_Do_It_
I think you do the resit in November. You also need to inform the school or college you are going to go to that you may need to resit Maths.

So what would happen if I need a certain level for a course at college? Is it possible to negotiate or something? I mean I'm told I need a 6 in maths to do Biology A-level but despite struggling in maths I'm at an A in biology when I only need a B and 6 in maths to get on the course.
So what would happen if I need a certain level for a course at college? Is it possible to negotiate or something? I mean I'm told I need a 6 in maths to do Biology A-level but despite struggling in maths I'm at an A in biology when I only need a B and 6 in maths to get on the course.

You should be able to negotiate with them and give them an adequate reason why you were unable to get the necessary grade. Or maybe you could ask whether you can retake maths (presumably it'll be the full year course) while doing Biology along side it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending