The Student Room Group

AQA History: Option 2N (Russia)

Does anyone have any predictions for the A-level exam on the 16th June ?

Scroll to see replies

My prediction is that I will feel absolutely miserable about whatever question comes up because I hate the course so much!!!!

But idk, probably rise to power and causes for a revolution.
I hope they have a question on why the provisional government fall from power <3 everything after that is just hazyyyyyyy 😅
How about something about the Great Terror or the differences between Leninism and Stalinism?
Original post by OliwierEB
How about something about the Great Terror or the differences between Leninism and Stalinism?

I feel like differences between Leninism and Stalinism is too vague for the depth study.

Who knows though after the horrible extract from last year...they could do anything.

I s2g the question writers for this part of the course are just evil.
I looked at the specimen papers and ALL the essay questions are based on Stalin's reign. So I don't know whether that indicates they will be in the actual exam or not... the only ones they haven't addressed under his reign are something on High Stalinism and the Great Patriotic War 😩 I really hope there is something on the economy or one of the Revolution's 😬 Hope everyone's exam yesterday went well!! Good luck guys!
looool I haven't even started looking at Russia so its okay, we are all in the same boat :u:
Original post by Rachel58
My prediction is that I will feel absolutely miserable about whatever question comes up because I hate the course so much!!!!

But idk, probably rise to power and causes for a revolution.
anything on the Tsar would just be amazing
Original post by Sabnamraii
I hope they have a question on why the provisional government fall from power <3 everything after that is just hazyyyyyyy 😅
Original post by pixiejoanna
I looked at the specimen papers and ALL the essay questions are based on Stalin's reign. So I don't know whether that indicates they will be in the actual exam or not... the only ones they haven't addressed under his reign are something on High Stalinism and the Great Patriotic War 😩 I really hope there is something on the economy or one of the Revolution's 😬 Hope everyone's exam yesterday went well!! Good luck guys!

Wait they are all on Stalin?? That's so odd because now we can't come up with decent predictions :colonhash: I think a question on Stalinism vs Leninism is very unlikely. My teacher thinks a question on post-1945 is very likely because it doesn't come up in the old spec. The questions will probably divided into the periods: Fall of Tsar - death of Lenin, Stalin's rise to power - Just before the war, Post-1945 - Death of Stalin

I assume there'll be something on the February 1917 Revolution as there was last year (similar to the Tudors - there was something on Henry VII's consolidation of power this year AND last year) and that's like...the only thing they can talk from before the Bolsheviks.

Plus, I'm 99.999999% certain there'll be something on Stalin's rise to power as AQA are obsessed with that.
I assume there'll be something on the February 1917 Revolution as there was last year (similar to the Tudors - there was something on Henry VII's consolidation of power this year AND last year) and that's like...the only thing they can talk from before the Bolsheviks.

Plus, I'm 99.999999% certain there'll be something on Stalin's rise to power as AQA are obsessed with that.

I'm hoping there will be, it would be a god send 🙏🏻
@pixiejoanna @Rachel58 @Sabnamraii
What predictions do you guys have? There's so much stuff for the Civil War, Provisional Government and the Fall of the Tsar and what not that it is soooo hard to try and narrow down the essential topics. Lemme know what ideas you guys have
Original post by Student 1305
What predictions do you guys have? There's so much stuff for the Civil War, Provisional Government and the Fall of the Tsar and what not that it is soooo hard to try and narrow down the essential topics. Lemme know what ideas you guys have

Feb 17, Rise of Stalin, FYPs/World Power?
Thank you! Do you think the provisional government or civil war will come up?
Feb 17, Rise of Stalin, FYPs/World Power?
Since they had Henry VII consolidating his rule, I'm really hoping that either Provisional Government or Bolsheviks rise to power comes up. I really hate the topic of stalinism and cult of personality.
Eugh, so literally anything is a possibility rn isnt it? :colonhash:
Since they had Henry VII consolidating his rule, I'm really hoping that either Provisional Government or Bolsheviks rise to power comes up. I really hate the topic of stalinism and cult of personality.
Eugh, so literally anything is a possibility rn isnt it? :colonhash:

Yep unfortunately 😩 I think baring in mind Stalin is a key area covered in the specimen papers, I would make sure you know it well!! However like the Tudors paper, it would not surprise me if they put in a question on the Feb or Oct revolution, which would be a blessing 👍 Good luck guys!
Also do you guys have any tips to remember for the extract question, like how you structure your answer, as in do you address each extract by tone, then provenance etc. ? Also how do effectively engage with the tone and provenance because I never quite know what to say 😬 I usually address each extract in strengths and weaknesses, then do a short conclusion on which extract is most effective. Thannkkkss for any help 👍
My teacher told me that in the meeting the exam dudes said we don't really need a conclusion or like introduction- just evaluate each source individually and cover the NOPTE of the source and just include mini conclusions at the end of each source paragraph. (I just jump to the essay questions and do the source in the end coz I know I'll spend way too long on the source)
Also do you guys have any tips to remember for the extract question, like how you structure your answer, as in do you address each extract by tone, then provenance etc. ? Also how do effectively engage with the tone and provenance because I never quite know what to say 😬 I usually address each extract in strengths and weaknesses, then do a short conclusion on which extract is most effective. Thannkkkss for any help 👍
Sorry what is NOPTE?? I did do that but my teacher said she spoke to the board and they would ideally like a clear judgement at the end, so I guess you do that in your paragraphs but I usually just separate it at the end to kind of emphasise my point, so it's not really a full blown conclusion 😂 👍
My teacher told me that in the meeting the exam dudes said we don't really need a conclusion or like introduction- just evaluate each source individually and cover the NOPTE of the source and just include mini conclusions at the end of each source paragraph. (I just jump to the essay questions and do the source in the end coz I know I'll spend way too long on the source)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending