The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Would I still get a high enough mark for writing about globalisation for patterns of trade and how here's more highly skilled worker skills in UK and lowly skilled in LEDCS moved from MEDCS and an example of premier league showing huge transfers paid for players overseas and highly productive workers wanted?
Original post by junky27
sounds good and better than mine tbh haha

Nahhh your essay sounds amazing and makes legit sense omg :smile:
Original post by Sam10711
Defined market based strategies

Talked about trade liberalisation and globalisation and why its good and bad

Talked about privatisation being good for efficiency but might exploit consumers.

Talked about maybe protectionism such as tariffs is useful for protecting domestic firms which may help growth more.

How about you?
How good do you think my points are?

Yours sounds really good well done! Does mine sound wrong, I am nervous as to whether i am on the right lines

25 marker- defined the terms

1st arg- quoted the source on how India were reliant on other countries etc. Did a paragraph on how the government should take control by implementing a tariff. This may make exports more competitive in the domestic economy leading to increase AD.

evaluated- strong- export led multiplier if the marginal propensity to consume is high and thus development may increase economically by a large extent as incomes would rise. Weak- demand for imports may be inelastic and thus strategic and infant industries may not improve resulting in less development. Final judgement- don't use government approach as tariffs can lead to retaliation which may hinder development and used china and isa devaluation war as example of retaliation.

2nd arg- market approaches best- free trade and liberalisation- increase movement of MNCs such as Nike. Provide job opportunities in countries like india- increase employment reduction natural rate of employment and larger development

Diagram- increase supply labour and fall in voluntary unemployment strong- something from source

weak- keynesiansm argues that the supply of labour may not result in higher employment in these areas if there is a lack of demand and thus keynesian demand side management as a method to improve development is best. Did diagram with fine tuned AD and opt gdp low inflation and max unemployment

conclusion- supply side policies may be most effective and compared args etc plus LRAS shifting right
Reply 823
Original post by physicsamor
Oh god I really fill like I fked up. I said yes market forces - through like microfinance
Improves quality of life, education => development
I did evaluate

Talked about the consequence of globalisation for India and said why there needed to be intervention
Talked about protecionism
Forgot the diagram
Sort of evaluated

Talked about privatisation
Don't think I mentioned the key points on jobs though :frown:

Sounds good to me, you've probs done a lot better than you think
Original post by CameroSJ
For the 9 mark on context 2, I shifted LRAS right instead of SRAS. Will I still get max marks for explaining it well?

It is LRAS. Rises in productivity increase overall capacity.
It could also be SRAS as it reduce business costs
Original post by Arran1109
Question is - how are you guys revising for paper 3?? There are only two specimins on what we can base our revision?? We literally have no clue what could come up - Could be from evaluation of the EU to the objectives of a firm???

2 specimens? Where did you get the other one from?
Original post by WilliamHaycocks
It is LRAS. Rises in productivity increase overall capacity.
It could also be SRAS as it reduce business costs

I shifted SRAS as it was asking about deflation
Reply 827
Essay 2 patterns of trade (15marker) I spoke about trade patterns changing due to brexit making it harder to trade and saying before Brexit there was more free trade benefits (go into detail) and then said how all those benefits have gone due to the uk leaving the Eu. That should be okay as a point right??? What other points could have been said for this?
what do u guys think grade boundaries for a or a star will be looking like?
What did people put for essay 2 15 markers (the patterns of trade one)
I wrote about :
- comparative advantage and how we've lost it in certain industries to other countries etc
- that we have less demand for exports as we have low labour productivity
- how inflation recently has hampered our competitiveness
Does that sound right?
Original post by amukaty
guys what did you say or the 15 marker on pattters of trade can you say inflation rate and exchange rate changes??

I messed my 15 marker up completely - spoke about Thatcherite and deindustrialisation from industrialised to service based economy, the adoption of a floating exchange rate system in 1992 and EU membership (SEM, free movement of labour and capital and free trade) - waffled a lot.
Original post by KingOfDASouf
what do u guys think grade boundaries for a or a star will be looking like?

I think last years were around 58-60 marks
Original post by Madmanecon
I shifted SRAS as it was asking about deflation

It talked about productivity improving which is a shift in LRAS
Reply 833
Original post by brownboy123
yeah that's what I got! :smile: looking at exemplars i think your essays are limited to 16 marks if you don't talk about 3 or more policies. Can someone confirm this?

Wtf?

Are you talking about the one regarding eliminating deflation using monetary policies w/e?
It's a one policy question not a multi-policy question.
It asked you to assess and evaluate how effective using the monetary policy is for dealing with deflation or something, so you only needed to talk about the monetary policy and the ups and downs of it, not fiscal/supply side policies. I talked about monetary policy then the two aspects of it - money supply, exchange rate and low interest rates that's it.
Original post by physicsamor
Holy heeeeeelllll I did not write any of that omg :frown:
I talked about micro finance as a market policy
Said the affect it would have on quality of life
Reduce poverty increase access to education increase lr growth blah blah
But evaluated badly

Said that protecionism was needed to prevent power of mncs and that goverments had to intervene said something similar but forgot the retaliation point. Talked about goverment failure like it was a micro exam :/

Talked about privatisation mentioned similar points

Lol I flopped

NOO! Micro finance is 100% relevant, Im gutted at myself that I forgot to mention that
Who you replying to?
Original post by Sam10711
It talked about productivity improving which is a shift in LRAS

Yh but is linked to SRAS too as productivity means output per worker increasing over time period so more supply
I completely messed up realised I spoke about economic growth not development - how many marks do you think I will lose???Possible for me to get Atleast 15 marks??
Original post by amerahussain
NOO! Micro finance is 100% relevant, Im gutted at myself that I forgot to mention that

is it a market policy tho because I said it was looool

Also saw your post on the 15 marker and I wrote about deindustrilisation too! I think it makes sense
Talked about our exchange rate and then the eu haha😂
Reply 839
Original post by callumjmoores
On the 25 marker on monetary policy in UK and Japan I only briefly spoke about a supply side alternative and didn't mention fiscal policy, how much will i get penalised?

Supply side deflation is actually good and so doesn't warrant mention, and if you do a few lines would've been fine. Since the essay asked about monetary policy, I'd say not much and nothing will prevent you from getting a level 5 answer so long as your monetary policy analysis and evaluation was good.

Quick Reply

Latest