The Student Room Group

Im a male 16 and im only 5'5 (165cm)

Im really worried about my height. As most of my friends or people around my age are at least 5'7 so i feel really short.
Most people tell me i look like im 14 due to my height and my "baby face" . And my diet its balanced and I am very active too. Also i tend to sleep 9-10 hours everyday and stretch myself often but nothing seems to work.
My dad is 5'8 and my mum about 5'2.
I have only grown 4cm in 3 years. So when i was 13 i was 161cm.

Is there a chance of me getting taller? Were any of you short at 16 and tall now?
Please write below
:smile:

Scroll to see replies

FWIW, I was 5'8'' when I was 16. I hit a growth spurt when I was 17 and by the time I was 18 I'd grown to 6'2''. So there's hope yet.
Reply 2
Original post by WoodyMKC
FWIW, I was 5'8'' when I was 16. I hit a growth spurt when I was 17 and by the time I was 18 I'd grown to 6'2''. So there's hope yet.

thank youuuuu
I think you will grow more. Height is mostly predetermined by genetics and the mother's height has a more pronounced effect on the son's height.

http://www.calculator.net/height-calculator.html

Your predicted height should roughly be 5'7.5
Original post by WoodyMKC

what's with the false hope lol
i getchu man, im female 5 5 and 17 but i wanna be taller :frown:
I'm in the same situation but luckily for me, my baby-face and short height is considered cute because I'm female.
Reply 7
You think you have it bad... im 16 next month and 5'1 😭😭
looking at your parents height, I wouldn't expect you to reach 6ft if that's what you're after. You might get to 5'7 or 5'8.
I was 5'10 when I was 16
I'm 16, male, am 5" 1 and you have no idea how little sympathy I have for you.
Original post by Kevinnnn
Im really worried about my height. As most of my friends or people around my age are at least 5'7 so i feel really short.
Most people tell me i look like im 14 due to my height and my "baby face" . And my diet its balanced and I am very active too. Also i tend to sleep 9-10 hours everyday and stretch myself often but nothing seems to work.

Is there a chance of me getting taller? Were any of you short at 16 and tall now?
Please write below

I'm 16 too and the same height...
All my friends are around 6 ft and I just stand their being towered over by them
Hoping for a growth spurt soon but I'm not too worried tbh :crossedf:
Reply 11
Original post by ShaanDeo
You think you have it bad... im 16 next month and 5'1 😭😭

I understand your pain ITS SO NOT FAIRRRR
Reply 12
Original post by haseeb_jarral786
I'm 16 too and the same height...
All my friends are around 6 ft and I just stand their being towered over by them
Hoping for a growth spurt soon but I'm not too worried tbh :crossedf:

good luck to you too my friend . Hopefully a miracle happens for us
Reply 13
Original post by Kravence
looking at your parents height, I wouldn't expect you to reach 6ft if that's what you're after. You might get to 5'7 or 5'8.
I was 5'10 when I was 16

Obviously not . I just want to feel ok with my height 5'7 -5'8 i feel embarrased when i see taller girls than me
Reply 14
Original post by Kevinnnn

Please write below

Im 5'5 and I'm 20. You can stretch and add an inch or two but seriously the difference between 2inches even 3 isn't very noticeable. Iv had a girlfriend that was 5'8 and you literally couldn't tell a difference, she just wasn't aloud heels:wink:.

It depends on your posture and the clothing you wear can make you look bigger.

However you're still 16, and you Dad is 5'8, Id say you'll grow to 5'9 by 20, for sure.
Reply 15
Original post by george.corby
I'm 16, male, am 5" 1 and you have no idea how little sympathy I have for you.

mannnnnnn. i thought i was the only midget here
Original post by sfaraj
i getchu man, im female 5 5 and 17 but i wanna be taller :frown:

You know thats above average for a female.
Reply 18
Original post by nrjs96
Im 5'5 and I'm 20. You can stretch and add an inch or two but seriously the difference between 2inches even 3 isn't very noticeable. Iv had a girlfriend that was 5'8 and you literally couldn't tell a difference, she just wasn't aloud heels:wink:.

It depends on your posture and the clothing you wear can make you look bigger.

However you're still 16, and you Dad is 5'8, Id say you'll grow to 5'9 by 20, for sure.

Thank you so muchhhh. I feel way better now. There is this girl which i like shes 5'7 but she says im good looking just not tall enough ;(
Original post by Fusarium
You know thats above average for a female.

really? thanks man i feel a bit more confident.

ngl though being taller than my friends is uncomfortable at times as i dont like looking down it feels weird

Quick Reply

Latest