The Student Room Group

Im a male 16 and im only 5'5 (165cm)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
really? thanks man i feel a bit more confident.

ngl though being taller than my friends is uncomfortable at times as i dont like looking down it feels weird

yo i didnt mean for my post to be anon lol dont report me it was an accident promise!
Reply 21
Original post by sfaraj
i getchu man, im female 5 5 and 17 but i wanna be taller :frown:

Ure acc a good height for females. And its ok for you but for males it is a disadvantage as we are meant to be tall sadly thats not my case so less girls will be interested in us
Reply 22
Original post by Kevinnnn
Thank you so muchhhh. I feel way better now. There is this girl which i like shes 5'7 but she says im good looking just not tall enough ;(

Please, thats just a nice way to say "no thank you". If she is saying you're good looking, you need to stick your chest out be confident and own your height. If she calls you small, laugh it off and maybe even take the mic out of yourself.

I promise you, if you act like your height is no problem, the girls that are worth your time won't see it as a problem either.

Obviously you're not going to be pulling 6footers atm, wait till your 20 and you've grown for that.

Besides, small girls are way cuter.
I'm not very tall either, it is not something you should worry about though.
Original post by Anonymous
really? thanks man i feel a bit more confident.

ngl though being taller than my friends is uncomfortable at times as i dont like looking down it feels weird

Its surprising how a lot of people are insecure about their height. It might be due to the fact that not many people know what the 'normal' height is.
good luck to you too my friend . Hopefully a miracle happens for us

I know that wearing my Flyknit Airmax gives me another 1.5 inches though.
Maybe you should buy a pair :smile:
Honestly, I hate being small (16 male 5" 1) but I'd far rather be small than have learning difficulties, live in poverty or have a physical disability. You have to take what you get. There's always people worse off than you, even if you hate your position.
Original post by sfaraj
yo i didnt mean for my post to be anon lol dont report me it was an accident promise!

Ok, but only because im in a good mood:biggrin:
Original post by Fusarium
Ok, but only because im in a good mood:biggrin:

yAY cheers man (:

i hate when i post on anon and i get pms telling me to follow the rules so i appreciate it man:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 29
Original post by WoodyMKC
FWIW, I was 5'8'' when I was 16. I hit a growth spurt when I was 17 and by the time I was 18 I'd grown to 6'2''. So there's hope yet.

I'm 5'7" and 17 years old. I still have hope that one day this will happen to me. My brother is f**king 6'2" but he's always been tall to be fair.
Reply 30
Original post by FopePrancis
I'm in the same situation but luckily for me, my baby-face and short height is considered cute because I'm female.

i get called cute too. But it helped me when i was younger now it is a disadvantage as girls tend to like people who look manly
Im really worried about my height. As most of my friends or people around my age are at least 5'7 so i feel really short.
Most people tell me i look like im 14 due to my height and my "baby face" . And my diet its balanced and I am very active too. Also i tend to sleep 9-10 hours everyday and stretch myself often but nothing seems to work.
My dad is 5'8 and my mum about 5'2.
I have only grown 4cm in 3 years. So when i was 13 i was 161cm.

Is there a chance of me getting taller? Were any of you short at 16 and tall now?
Please write below
:smile:

I'm taller than you by just about 1-2cm with the same height for my parents so, I'm hoping the universe will bless us with its almighty growth and become 12 ft giants.

:smile: I feel your pain and you have my sympathy, especially when the girl you like is taller than you :cry2:
Original post by sfaraj
yAY cheers man (:

i hate when i post on anon and i get pms telling me to follow the rules so i appreciate it man:biggrin::biggrin:

Haha i was joking.
Why would you be reported for going anonymous?
Im really worried about my height. As most of my friends or people around my age are at least 5'7 so i feel really short.
Most people tell me i look like im 14 due to my height and my "baby face" . And my diet its balanced and I am very active too. Also i tend to sleep 9-10 hours everyday and stretch myself often but nothing seems to work.
My dad is 5'8 and my mum about 5'2.
I have only grown 4cm in 3 years. So when i was 13 i was 161cm.

Is there a chance of me getting taller? Were any of you short at 16 and tall now?
Please write below
:smile:

Don't worry about it. Puberty is not done with you yet.☺️

I'm the same age as you and 5'7. I had a growth spurt when I was 14-I was really short back then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by nrjs96
Please, thats just a nice way to say "no thank you". If she is saying you're good looking, you need to stick your chest out be confident and own your height. If she calls you small, laugh it off and maybe even take the mic out of yourself.

I promise you, if you act like your height is no problem, the girls that are worth your time won't see it as a problem either.

Obviously you're not going to be pulling 6footers atm, wait till your 20 and you've grown for that.

Besides, small girls are way cuter.

Lol but we did date and i broke up wiith her stupidly. Now however im trying everything to be back together and she says im a good guy. ITS JUST MY HEIGHT , SHE DOESNT LIKE THE FACT SHE CANNOT WEAR HEELS WITH ME
Reply 35
Original post by jacobosborne
I'm not very tall either, it is not something you should worry about though.

True its not a big deal
Reply 36
Its surprising how a lot of people are insecure about their height. It might be due to the fact that not many people know what the 'normal' height is.

Its just not nice to be called short or feel vulnerable
Reply 37
Original post by haseeb_jarral786
I know that wearing my Flyknit Airmax gives me another 1.5 inches though.
Maybe you should buy a pair :smile:

lol my air max 95 help me too
Haha i was joking.
Why would you be reported for going anonymous?

you better not be joking -.-

because being on anon is only is you are posting personal stuff or issues where you dont want people to know who you are

so being reported is if anon is being misused...
Reply 39
Original post by uw0tm9
I'm 5'7" and 17 years old. I still have hope that one day this will happen to me. My brother is f**king 6'2" but he's always been tall to be fair.

its all about genes so will be ok dw

Quick Reply

Latest