The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I feel sad. I've heard a song that's hit me right in the feels :frown:
Original post by sabahshahed294
It's an English Language Proficiency Test. I get assessed on reading, writing, speaking and listening. This is needed for my university entrance. :smile:
Aww. Sleep after Iftar a bit. :tongue:

Oh good luck. I'm sure you'all pass :tongue:
I'm just going to sleep after suhoor lol

Original post by Fermion.
I feel sad. I've heard a song that's hit me right in the feels :frown:

:hugs:
Here if you need to talk x
Emotional but in a good way
Im so stressed rn ugh
Just clicked on my PMs and realised I still have a couple of messages from this user that I blocked a couple of weeks back. She really upset me to the point where I just had to block her. I felt so guilty for doing so and I still do feel guilty for blocking her. I don't know whether to unblock her and apologise or not. I'm going to lose sleep stressing over this now.
Original post by qasim_96
Just clicked on my PMs and realised I still have a couple of messages from this user that I blocked a couple of weeks back. She really upset me to the point where I just had to block her. I felt so guilty for doing so and I still do feel guilty for blocking her. I don't know whether to unblock her and apologise or not. I'm going to lose sleep stressing over this now.

Why did you block her and why do you feel guilty? It sounds like you just needed some space. I think if you want to apologise to her that's a great idea.

if you block somebody on tsr will they still be able to message you?
Original post by tres16
if you block somebody on tsr will they still be able to message you?

I don't think so. Haven't receive anything since.
Why did you block her and why do you feel guilty? It sounds like you just needed some space. I think if you want to apologise to her that's a great idea.

One of her cousins ended up using her account to message me saying that I am affecting her by talking to her so I should block her. She would go out of her way at night to message me instead of sleeping/revising. It seems as though she wanted someone to talk to so I was just trying to help. She constantly messaged me asking me to cheer her up.

This is where I got a little confused. I realised that she had a boyfriend but was still coming to me to help her or cheer her up. As a result of a combination of her cousin and her boyfriend I realised that I should block her. I didn't tell her anything. She considered me to be her bigger brother. That's why I feel guilty.
One of her cousins ended up using her account to message me saying that I am affecting her by talking to her so I should block her. She would go out of her way at night to message me instead of sleeping/revising. It seems as though she wanted someone to talk to so I was just trying to help. She constantly messaged me asking me to cheer her up.

This is where I got a little confused. I realised that she had a boyfriend but was still coming to me to help her or cheer her up. As a result of a combination of her cousin and her boyfriend I realised that I should block her. I didn't tell her anything. She considered me to be her bigger brother. That's why I feel guilty.

That's sad. I'm sorry you had to lose a friendship over a silly reason like that. I bet she is confused and hurt too as to why you blocked her. You should probably drop her a small message explaining why you did what you did just so things end on a happier note. :redface:
I'm feeling quite hot right now - and not in a good way :angry:
That's sad. I'm sorry you had to lose a friendship over a silly reason like that. I bet she is confused and hurt too as to why you blocked her. You should probably drop her a small message explaining why you did what you did just so things end on a happier note. :redface:

I've been mad with myself ever since. I'm just worried with the response I'll get. Wouldn't be surprised if she hated me over it.
Original post by BintM
Oh good luck. I'm sure you'all pass :tongue:
I'm just going to sleep after suhoor lol

:hugs:
Here if you need to talk x

Thanks. :rofl:
Haha better :tongue:
I've been mad with myself ever since. I'm just worried with the response I'll get. Wouldn't be surprised if she hated me over it.

It doesn't make you a bad person at all. You just did what you thought was best for her at the time. If she doesn't see that, then that is a shame.
Been a great day today Alhamdulilah:colondollar:
One of the best in a while. :love:
It doesn't make you a bad person at all. You just did what you thought was best for her at the time. If she doesn't see that, then that is a shame.

Just messaged her apologising. When I spoke to her before I did tell her that she shouldn't really be talking to me since I am a really bad person.
Just messaged her apologising. When I spoke to her before I did tell her that she shouldn't really be talking to me since I am a really bad person.

You are not a bad person.
You are not a bad person.

I'm glad someone thinks otherwise :smile:
Fed up and stressed
tried so hard and still feel like a failure
I've been better

Bro I'm sorry to hear. What Fermion said was pretty spot on though!

It's not your fault at all. You were being the best possible friend that you could manage and because of a simple misunderstanding, things got complicated.

I'd deffo drop her a message and explain though. Her reaction might not what you want but she will see it was for the best especially if she's supposed to be revising and is also in a relationship!

Don't be upset man, you're good people :smile: You should be proud of yourself that you were able to help someone in a difficult time.

Deffo drop that pm though!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest