The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry C2 Predictions

Anyone have any educated predictions for the AQA GCSE C2/C3 exam on Wednesday 14th 2017?
Any reasonable suggestions I will add to the list :smile:

Predictions:
Chromatography (benefits of using instrumental methods of analysing)
Empirical formulae
Titration and titration calculations
Making Crystals
Ionic, Covalent and metallic bonding (Including giant lattices and macro-molecules)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Hiwak99
Anyone have any educated predictions for the AQA GCSE C2 exam on Wednesday 14th 2017?

Maybe chromatography? I don't think it's come up for a couple of years, might be wrong though.
Reply 2
Original post by itslibby
Maybe chromatography? I don't think it's come up for a couple of years, might be wrong though.

Thank you, ill add it to the list!

My teacher also said that Empirical formula seems likely to come up because apparently it isn't on the new spec, and it wasn't on last year's paper. Other than that I have no idea, I am just going to spend this weekend trying to revise as much of C2 and C3 as I can!:smile:
Reply 4
I had a feeling the empirical formulae would come up too. Thank you!

Original post by itslibby

My teacher also said that Empirical formula seems likely to come up because apparently it isn't on the new spec, and it wasn't on last year's paper. Other than that I have no idea, I am just going to spend this weekend trying to revise as much of C2 and C3 as I can!:smile:
Reply 5
one of my friends seems to think that titration of hard and soft water might come up
Reply 6
Ill add it to the list :smile:

Original post by bbforeva
one of my friends seems to think that titration of hard and soft water might come up
Titration is C3 right?
Reply 8
Easily balancing equations and ionic, covalent and metallic bonding.
I think the six marker on c2 may be on making Crystals
Reply 10
Yes

Original post by TheAlchemistress
Titration is C3 right?
Reply 11
Making crystals???
Original post by anisa2009
I think the six marker on c2 may be on making Crystals
Original post by Hiwak99
Yes

Thanks