The Student Room Group

17 and never had a proper boyfriend

Hi so im 17 and i go to a school where there are hardly any girls its about 1 in 10 and I've never had a proper boyfriend I know I'm not super pretty but there are girls with boyfriends that aren't either so I dont understand whats wrong with me. Everyone says i'm a really nice person and i seem to make people laugh I'm just a bit of a nerd but at my school there are more people in my group of friends than in the popular group i just dont get it why am i like this?
Get a makeover. Ugly nerd to Popular hottie is a popular TV trope, after that, The Popular Guy will notice you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mizz.Unicorn
Hi so im 17 and i go to a school where there are hardly any girls its about 1 in 10 and I've never had a proper boyfriend I know I'm not super pretty but there are girls with boyfriends that aren't either so I dont understand whats wrong with me. Everyone says i'm a really nice person and i seem to make people laugh I'm just a bit of a nerd but at my school there are more people in my group of friends than in the popular group i just dont get it why am i like this?

You sound like a nice girl. Don't worry about it! I'm 16 quite shy and never had a girlfriend. It will happen!
Reply 3
Because you're only 17, a lot of 17 year olds haven't..
You're 17, a BF should be the last of your worries.

I am 18, never had a proper girlfriend so I can relate. Don't wait for boys to ask you out. Ask them, most men are scared of asking women out. Someone may like you but are too shy to ask you. (I am that type of person.) Just go for it.

And maybe they don't find their preferences/ideas in you. You just have to find the right guy for you. Good luck :hugs:
I don't have a boyfriend, chill tho chill you don't want one whilst you are in school anyways and school stress and future plans it's not worth it.
(edited 6 years ago)
You're only 17!

Most people at this age don't have boyfriends/girlfriends. Chill out, have fun and enjoy yourself.

Once you turn 18 you can do online dating, go to speed dating events, meet people through college/uni, join clubs out of interest, even approach men, eye flirt with them, get out there!.

Good luck
You don't need boys honey
chill
you dont need a boy to define who you are
a lot of people haven't got boyfriends at 17
chill and enjoy it while you can :smile:
Original post by physicsamor
I don't have a boyfriend, chill tho chill you don't want one whilst you are in school anyways and school stress and future plans it's not worth it.

are you a girl? how old are you?

you dont need a boy to define who you are
you are only 17
Reply 11
I am 21 and soon to be 22 and never had a relationship :smile:
16: Never had a boyfriend either.
Original post by Anonymous
are you a girl? how old are you?

Yes and 18
It dosent really matter, take this time to do things you really enjoy doing, some boyfriends may hold you back, its not like ur 30+ years old, then IG that would be bad

Latest

Trending

Trending