The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Physics A: G484 & G485 - 15 & 21 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Callicious
We do plenty of natural logarithms in Physics, especially in Capacitance and everything Magnetic/Gravitational/Electric.

Yah, now that you mention it I suppose it would be worth it. Redoing all three might be annoying revision wise though :P

Ultimately it is up to you - you probably know what is best. That is why I chose to do M3 so I could focus a lot on that module before the ccluster of exams later on.

Yes and in carbon dating too ^^
Original post by ineffablemind
Ultimately it is up to you - you probably know what is best. That is why I chose to do M3 so I could focus a lot on that module before the ccluster of exams later on.

Yes and in carbon dating too ^^

Drats! I forgot about all the half lives/etc XD
Can someone recommend me a good physics revision site or videos please????
Hiya! This is a nice exam thread - I've added it to the Exam Thread Directory 2017

If you see any other exam threads threads that aren't in the directory yet - let me know by either tagging me in, or linking it in the directory and I can add it in! You can also find discussions for your other exams there.

If any of your other exams aren't on there yet - feel free to make the exam thread for it yourself

Good luck in your exams
Reply 24
Original post by ineffablemind
Hello,

I assume the few left that are giving these modules are self-teaching.

If there is anyone else out there. It would be great to have someone else studying for the same modules - so we can help eachother.

Thanks

Not long left at all toll both exams! Hows prep?
What are your last minute revisiin techniques. Im just so confused on what exactly to do, im doing past papers
Reply 26

Because they want the power its work done per second and using 1.8mm distance for the force*distance means we are doing it for only 1/4 of a period so the time it takes for this motion is 0.25T.
Has anyone got the 2016 MS for g485, g484, g482 & g481??
Original post by P_Digby
Because they want the power its work done per second and using 1.8mm distance for the force*distance means we are doing it for only 1/4 of a period so the time it takes for this motion is 0.25T.

TY

Original post by suhaylpatel786
Has anyone got the 2016 MS for g485, g484, g482 & g481??

If I find, I will upload.
Original post by Mander12357
Can someone recommend me a good physics revision site or videos please????

A Level Physics online, use the free subscription.
Original post by Snxoxo
Not long left at all toll both exams! Hows prep?
What are your last minute revisiin techniques. Im just so confused on what exactly to do, im doing past papers

Hey I forgot my pass on that account.

https://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge%20International%20A%20and%20AS%20Level/Physics%20(9702)/9702_s04_qp_4.pdf

Do these papers. Q3 Is the exact same as the one on JUNE 2016 G484. Just go through CGP guide etc. Do all the CIE papers old spec
Hey I'm resitting this exam too :smile: I studied it in school two years ago, and resat it last year but failed it again, and am resitting it this year too. Nice to see others here doing this exam, it never seemed that common to me and even more so now obviously as it's the last exam ^^;

I hope to get Cs on my exams, which based on my previous exams/coursework would mean I get a B overall, but higher would be nicer obviously.
Anyone got a good way to answer the 6 mark questions on experiments? like a good way to structure them?
does anyone have 2016 paper? for g484 and g485
how did you guys find g484?
Original post by emmabrindley1
how did you guys find g484?

Hard wbu?
Really weird paper but managed to do all properly except the experimental question of driving values for F, R and V
Reply 35
i found there were a few weird questions but generally alright, what did people do to show that the number of electrons hitting the plate was 5*10^7? i couldnt get it for the life of me.
Original post by adsy9
i found there were a few weird questions but generally alright, what did people do to show that the number of electrons hitting the plate was 5*10^7? i couldnt get it for the life of me.

Same
Gave up lol
Original post by adsy9

45*10^-3 divided by 1.6*10^-19. This number multiplied by 1.6
Reply 38
Wasn't too hard but still ran out of time, didn't like that mass on a spring question though
Reply 39
Original post by ljf98
Wasn't too hard but still ran out of time, didn't like that mass on a spring question though

It was a very different look on simple harmonic motion and circular motion :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest