The Student Room Group

CV for work experience?

I am 16 and I wanted to get some medical work experience my mum knows a pediatric surgeon and asked him he agreed but wants a cv and to know my reasons why.What can I write?What can they expect for a 16-year-old to have on their cv?Most medical oppourtunities require for you to be of a certain age if you are lucky enough to find any let alone be considered.I learn Mandarin and I like reading and have an interest in medicine and sciences that is about it.There are certain medical things I am interested in but is that appropriate what sort of things should I write about?
Your predicted GCSE grades, a brief summary of your interests in medicine, what skills you have, a brief summary of your hobbies, any achievements you received at school. Employers know a 16 year old won't have a big CV and that is completely normal.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
Your predicted GCSE grades, a brief summary of your interests in medicine, what skills you have, a brief summary of your hobbies, any achievements you received at school. Employers know a 16 year old won't have a big CV and that is completely normal.

Thank you.How should I lay it out?
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you.How should I lay it out?

This is how I did mine from top of a word document to the bottom:

- My name and address and contact details
- Summary
- Grades
- Skills
- Employment history (might not be applicable to you if you have no job)
- Hobbies
- References (I initially used 2 teachers at school)
Reply 4
This is how I did mine from top of a word document to the bottom:

- My name and address and contact details
- Summary
- Grades
- Skills
- Employment history (might not be applicable to you if you have no job)
- Hobbies
- References (I initially used 2 teachers at school)

Summary?Skills?
Summary?Skills?

Summary is about you. What you're doing in regards to education, what you hope to do as a career and what kind of work you are looking for. Only 2-3 sentences.

Skills are the skills you have that an employer would want.
Reply 6
Summary is about you. What you're doing in regards to education, what you hope to do as a career and what kind of work you are looking for. Only 2-3 sentences.

Whats a reference?
Whats a reference?

It's someone who the employer can contact to find out about you. Legally you have to put the name of your previous employer, but this isn't always applicable. Your reference writes a statement saying what kind of a person and worker you are.
Reply 8

What kind of skills would a medical hospital want in someone who is getting work experience?
What kind of skills would a medical hospital want in someone who is getting work experience?

If you were the person hiring at the hospital, what would you want that person to be like? Would you want someone who is late, rude and arrogant? Unwilling to learn, obnoxious and lazy? It's pretty clear to see the desired skills employers want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending