The Student Room Group

OCR AL Psychology (New): Research methods H167/1 & H567/1 - 15 May & 07 Jun 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clairebear101
Well i didnt want to waste time explaining the answers as thats what the discss next question was all about! so probably only got a few marks out of 6 but hey ho. I dunno if my answer about making groups do different task to increase discrimination was valid tho :/ Like i explained why i would do it in the next question and said however this does make the study even more unethical but i dunnno, i guess they have to credit anythting tho!

Yeah!
We should make a list of all the questions we can remember?
Well i didnt want to waste time explaining the answers as thats what the discss next question was all about! so probably only got a few marks out of 6 but hey ho. I dunno if my answer about making groups do different task to increase discrimination was valid tho :/ Like i explained why i would do it in the next question and said however this does make the study even more unethical but i dunnno, i guess they have to credit anythting tho!

I said to use self report and ask them open question such as have u experienced racsi

The second one was carrying out a participant observation, and seeing whether the participant were discriminated due to their eye colour

Totally messed up this question, would I still get some marks ?
Now who's got predictions for next week :biggrin: :frown:
Reply 444
Original post by LenniesRabbit
Now who's got predictions for next week :biggrin: :frown:

Well it cant be whats on the specimen paper right.

And also, can they only test us on the specific area of criminal if that makes any sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StressedCoffee
I'm pretty sure that there was one on why it might not be ethical. What was the casey question? I can't remember it.

brill, I was hoping she'd gotten something mixed up (sad for her good for me)
and It was along the lines of what does Casey tell us about regions of the brain??

also if anyone knows, what was a good response to the question about biological area being reductionist
Original post by ciarayhhh
brill, I was hoping she'd gotten something mixed up (sad for her good for me)
and It was along the lines of what does Casey tell us about regions of the brain??

also if anyone knows, what was a good response to the question about biological area being reductionist

I personally said how Magurie only gave one explanation for the larger hippocampi of taxi diver which was the fact they learnt the knowlege, he did not account for other life style factors such as smoking or jsut living in london that could have impacted brain structure
I personally said how Magurie only gave one explanation for the larger hippocampi of taxi diver which was the fact they learnt the knowlege, he did not account for other life style factors such as smoking or jsut living in london that could have impacted brain structure

I think I said something about blakemoore and cooper saying the kittens didnt react startled to things cos of their brains cos of how they were brought up when it could have been because they didnt have guidance from their mother cats etc
Original post by ciarayhhh
I think I said something about blakemoore and cooper saying the kittens didnt react startled to things cos of their brains cos of how they were brought up when it could have been because they didnt have guidance from their mother cats etc

Yeah you could say pre much anything
What did you guys out for the Levine cultural section a question ? Anyone mention simpatia ?
Original post by Jude2800
What did you guys out for the Levine cultural section a question ? Anyone mention simpatia ?

Was that the community variables one? I wrote about economic prosperity and pace of life. I don't think simpatia was a community variable though. I could be wrong though
No it was along the lines of how does Levines study change like the cultural diversity understanding
I think I said how cultural traditions influence helping behaviour and used simpatia as an example because those countries were more helpful.
Anyone have a clue what we should have said for the question in section C that was like
"Suggest why a superior group and an inferior group are needed to test for discrimination?"
Original post by schoolgirl1
Anyone have a clue what we should have said for the question in section C that was like
"Suggest why a superior group and an inferior group are needed to test for discrimination?"

what did you write?
Original post by DrawTheLine
Was that the community variables one? I wrote about economic prosperity and pace of life. I don't think simpatia was a community variable though. I could be wrong though

Yeah I wrote the exact same two it is correct
Had no idea that those were actually called 'community variables' though
Original post by DrawTheLine

I put economic growth (measured in ppp/gdp) and the walking pace.

Do you think that will be correct or did it have to be prosperity?
Original post by Virolite
what did you write?

I can't remember probably just a load of waffle, won't have got many if any marks for that one
what about you?
Original post by Kholmes1
I put economic growth (measured in ppp/gdp) and the walking pace.

Do you think that will be correct or did it have to be prosperity?

No idea. Depends how fussy the mark scheme is. They might specifically need the word "prosperity" for the mark or they might just need some reference to the economy of the country
Original post by schoolgirl1
I can't remember probably just a load of waffle, won't have got many if any marks for that one
what about you?

idk but my answer was based on the fact that teacher's unlikely to observe discrimination if behaviour isn't encouraged..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending