The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE PHYSICS 2017 Paper 2 official thread

Does anyone have any predictions for Physics paper 2?
Original post by cotton candie
Does anyone have any predictions for Physics paper 2?

From the past papers that I have done, I can see that static electricity is a very popular topic in paper 2.
Reply 2
i don't know how to predict what will come up tomorrow like the rest but the moment, momentum. electric charge and definitely the transformer will probably be included in tomorrow's exam i don't think that electromagnets will come up
Reply 3
This is what my teacher sent my class:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by fpalmer

Spoiler

Thanks a lot
Original post by fpalmer

Spoiler

Thanks a lot and good luck for your exams 😊😊
Reply 6
Any answers?
Thought that was a fair paper.

For the potential energy of the raindrop I got 0.42 Joules. Then when using that in the last question I got 155 m/s for the raindrop's speed. So that must be OK as the question asked you to show it was around 150m/s.

For the half life graph question I got 80 years.

Other stuff seemed fairly straight forward. I hope :tongue:
Got that Potential Energy. Didn't get the KE = 1/2mv² question. Wrote the equation however so I might grab a mark. For the half-life graph question, I put 93 years and so did many people in my year.
Reply 9
What was the answer for the collapsing of the can? The one related to pressure.
Any other answers for today's exam?
Original post by Xoana200
What was the answer for the collapsing of the can? The one related to pressure.

I wrote that the gas particles cool down ,therefore their average KE decreases and they hit the inside walls of the can less frequently. This results in a lowered peressure inside. The can cannot support the imbalance in the pressure and collapses.
I wasn't sure if I had to say that some water vapour condenses, so the number of particles inside decreases. I mentioned it at the end.
Original post by Darwinion
Thought that was a fair paper.

For the potential energy of the raindrop I got 0.42 Joules. Then when using that in the last question I got 155 m/s for the raindrop's speed. So that must be OK as the question asked you to show it was around 150m/s.

For the half life graph question I got 80 years.

Other stuff seemed fairly straight forward. I hope :tongue:

Was a very nice paper. May have lost marks on the sequence question though.
For the Equations on the back i made the mass of the drop into grams. Do you think i would still get the marks. I ended up getting 420 for the ke so i prob got that wrong but for the 150m/s queston i got 154.
Original post by GCSE pupil
From the past papers that I have done, I can see that static electricity is a very popular topic in paper 2.

I can confirm that static electricity is going to come up, even with the new spec

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending