H_MO
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm absolutely gonna fail this exam, I'm sooo stressed right now as I have so much revision still to do. Is there anyone else that has this exam tomorrow ???
taylab_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am, I still have so much to do too
blckggl
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have! I had English today so I've not been revising ICT at all, I'm super stressed for it. Tried to do some practice questions but had no idea what to write at all!
H_MO
Rep:
?
Have you guys gone through the case study in depth ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
blckggl
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by H_MO)
Have you guys gone through the case study in depth ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
not really, we went through it to identify the things we could be asked questions on and then my teacher gave us some questions to do relating to it but that's it
H_MO
Rep:
?
(Original post by blckggl)
not really, we went through it to identify the things we could be asked questions on and then my teacher gave us some questions to do relating to it but that's it
https://youtu.be/n-V9jPbLpU8 this YouTube video explains the case study in detail as well as the topics covered in it, I found it really helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
taylab_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by H_MO)
https://youtu.be/n-V9jPbLpU8 this YouTube video explains the case study in detail as well as the topics covered in it, I found it really helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks
gooner_hsj
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got it and I'm dreading it too. There's so much content to revise and the papers look so confusing. Our pre-release is for sure the most difficult there has been thus far. Hopefully grade boundaries are adjusted accordingly.
H_MO
Rep:
?
Honestly I'm so screwed for this

Posted from TSR Mobile
blckggl
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by H_MO)

Posted from TSR Mobile
thank you!
sophmoule
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
anyone got any predictions of what might come up for the 20 marker, or how to answer the 20 markers?! i never know how to tell what content they want from you! good luck everyone ))
blckggl
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sophmoule)
anyone got any predictions of what might come up for the 20 marker, or how to answer the 20 markers?! i never know how to tell what content they want from you! good luck everyone ))
Just looked at a few past 20 markers:
- Discuss, using examples of ICT systems, how the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes can be improved by ICT.
- Discuss how the size of an organisation and its geographical spread might influence the use and management of information and communication technology.
- ‘The continued growth of social media is having a huge impact on the way organisations interact with individuals, such as their employees and customers, and with society in general.’ Discuss this statement.
- Discuss the implications of possible future developments and future uses of ICT.
- Organisations today cannot function effectively without the use of ICT systems. Discuss.
- “Client and user involvement is essential for any ICT development.” Discuss this statement, making particular reference to the stages of development of a system and when and how clients and users need to be involved in the development.
Hope this helps!
JakeBen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Does anyone have a model answer for the 20 markers? Feeling like a question about databases will come up with like a ten marker; as in the case study it talks about relationship tables and foreign keys
sophmoule
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JakeBen)
Does anyone have a model answer for the 20 markers? Feeling like a question about databases will come up with like a ten marker; as in the case study it talks about relationship tables and foreign keys
strong feeling development methodologies will come up cos this hasn't come up before! entity relationship diagram question would be LOVELY though im so hoping for one of those!
JakeBen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sophmoule)
strong feeling development methodologies will come up cos this hasn't come up before! entity relationship diagram question would be LOVELY though im so hoping for one of those!
Could you please explain in detail stuff about the entity relationship diagram question? As I don't confident in that area
sophmoule
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JakeBen)
Could you please explain in detail stuff about the entity relationship diagram question? As I don't confident in that area
you'd draw a box around each one, from left to right it would be Landlord then Property then Tenants. you'd draw a line from landlord to property with 'crows feet' (so like two small arrows pointing to the property box) to show a 'one to many' relationship, and you explain that one landlord can have many properties. you'd then do this from properties to tenants, explaining that one property can have many tenants!!! )
JakeBen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did anyone else have bad teachers for this course? Testing takes place in three different topics can you use them all across then?
JakeBen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have a question regarding the development methodologies; linear is the waterfall model when the next task starts when the previous task has been completed. (E.g. Completing analysis and moving onto design, but if there is difficulties you can go back)

Agile methodologies is the same thing right? But could some please explain a little more on this point. It discusses in the book that producing a solution is brief but there are high level plans made that's can be adaptable based on results
JakeBen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How did everyone feel about the paper? Because I definitely failed 😭
H_MO
Rep:
?
I found the paper relatively manageable but skipped 3 whole questions worth 31 marks RIPPPP

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads