The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Spanish

Has anyone taken this? I don't have many resources and i was just wondering if other people know of any.

Thanks in advance!
Yeah I'm taking it too
I agree there's not many resources
Our teacher says he gets them from another school
You can use A-Level resources, which are a similar level to advanced higher it's just what they call it in England
Original post by ___Sophie___
Yeah I'm taking it too
I agree there's not many resources
Our teacher says he gets them from another school
You can use A-Level resources, which are a similar level to advanced higher it's just what they call it in England

Okay thanks! How are you finding it so far?
Original post by sabrinaclark23
Okay thanks! How are you finding it so far?

Really enjoying it tbh, the course is so much more interesting than higher
The topic we are doing at the moment is gender equality and we've learned some interesting stuff like how women were treated when Spain was ruled by the dictator Franco
I'm looking forward to the literature. We are going to do a book called 'como agua para chocolate' im just really not looking forward to writing the essay haha cause apparently it's like writing an English essay

How are you finding it? :smile:
Really enjoying it tbh, the course is so much more interesting than higher
The topic we are doing at the moment is gender equality and we've learned some interesting stuff like how women were treated when Spain was ruled by the dictator Franco
I'm looking forward to the literature. We are going to do a book called 'como agua para chocolate' im just really not looking forward to writing the essay haha cause apparently it's like writing an English essay

How are you finding it? :smile:
Yeah I agree it's so much more different though and complex language, we haven't done much so far as we don't have a separate class (we are in a class with highers) We've just done a few readings on gay marriage. Same!! We're doing that book too, I have no idea how it's going to be haha
Yeah I agree it's so much more different though and complex language, we haven't done much so far as we don't have a separate class (we are in a class with highers) We've just done a few readings on gay marriage. Same!! We're doing that book too, I have no idea how it's going to be haha

Yeah the grammar and stuff is more complex, personally I enjoy grammar though hahaha, everyone thinks it's strange how I enjoy it lol
Yeah we've done quite a bit of reading too
We have our own class of 11 which is quite big for advanced higher. For advanced German we are in with the higher class but it's working well so far, there's 2 of us and we just work independently at the side basically just self teaching
I think we're supposed to read the book over the summer, we've been given a lot to do for the summer actually our teacher has even given us a log book and we need to put the date, what we studied and how we found it haha
Yeah the grammar and stuff is more complex, personally I enjoy grammar though hahaha, everyone thinks it's strange how I enjoy it lol
Yeah we've done quite a bit of reading too
We have our own class of 11 which is quite big for advanced higher. For advanced German we are in with the higher class but it's working well so far, there's 2 of us and we just work independently at the side basically just self teaching
I think we're supposed to read the book over the summer, we've been given a lot to do for the summer actually our teacher has even given us a log book and we need to put the date, what we studied and how we found it haha

Yeah I do as well haha, I would say I'm best at the reading and writing side of things! Woah that is a big class, there is 7 of us and we just have to join in with the highers most of the time so not sure how it's going to work out, you must be good at languages if you are doing German too, do you want to study it at uni? Yeah I think we're going to be reading it over the summer as well haha
Yeah I do as well haha, I would say I'm best at the reading and writing side of things! Woah that is a big class, there is 7 of us and we just have to join in with the highers most of the time so not sure how it's going to work out, you must be good at languages if you are doing German too, do you want to study it at uni? Yeah I think we're going to be reading it over the summer as well haha

Aw really? That's not good they should be letting you work independently
Hahaha I also do advanced French :colondollar: (and crash higher history) I'm really enjoying it tbh although I will have 3 20 minute speaking tests come March next year so can't imagine how stressed I will be at that point hahaha
And yeah I want to study languages at uni
What else are you taking this year?
Aw really? That's not good they should be letting you work independently
Hahaha I also do advanced French :colondollar: (and crash higher history) I'm really enjoying it tbh although I will have 3 20 minute speaking tests come March next year so can't imagine how stressed I will be at that point hahaha
And yeah I want to study languages at uni
What else are you taking this year?

Yeah exactly! Really ahaha, I wanted to crash higher French but it didn't fit in with my timetable :frown: yeah that's gonna be stressful, I'm not so good at speaking so I'm dreading it😬I'm crashing higher history also and I'm liking it, I'm also doing crash higher admin and music
Yeah exactly! Really ahaha, I wanted to crash higher French but it didn't fit in with my timetable :frown: yeah that's gonna be stressful, I'm not so good at speaking so I'm dreading it😬I'm crashing higher history also and I'm liking it, I'm also doing crash higher admin and music

Yeah it will be really stressful and same my speaking needs a bit of work cause I'm not good at thinking on the spot but I'm by far best at essay writing, really liked the discursive essays last year, I find writing essays in foreign languages enjoyable which probably sounds strange hahaha
Yeah history is really interesting, I should've taken it last year instead of maths :/
Yeah it will be really stressful and same my speaking needs a bit of work cause I'm not good at thinking on the spot but I'm by far best at essay writing, really liked the discursive essays last year, I find writing essays in foreign languages enjoyable which probably sounds strange hahaha
Yeah history is really interesting, I should've taken it last year instead of maths :/
that's my problem haha, I always try think in English then I confuse myself! Me too, I liked the short essays and directed writing, I also enjoy the readings which is probably weird haha! Yeah I wish I took it at nat 5 in s4 and carried it on now:/ what topics are you doing?
that's my problem haha, I always try think in English then I confuse myself! Me too, I liked the short essays and directed writing, I also enjoy the readings which is probably weird haha! Yeah I wish I took it at nat 5 in s4 and carried it on now:/ what topics are you doing?

Yeah that's exactly what I do hahaha, and sometimes I get confused between the 3, like yesterday I said 'ja' German for yes, to my French teacher hahaha:colondollar:
Same, I did geography instead
At the moment were doing the Liberal reforms, we've gotten straight into writing an essay lol but im liking it cause theres a structure to the way you write them
They do things differently at our school and start the higher courses for the S4 in January and in April they revise the Nat 5 stuff before the exam, so the S6 who are crashing it need to catch up. They never did that to us though it's new
Yeah that's exactly what I do hahaha, and sometimes I get confused between the 3, like yesterday I said 'ja' German for yes, to my French teacher hahaha:colondollar:
Same, I did geography instead
At the moment were doing the Liberal reforms, we've gotten straight into writing an essay lol but im liking it cause theres a structure to the way you write them
They do things differently at our school and start the higher courses for the S4 in January and in April they revise the Nat 5 stuff before the exam, so the S6 who are crashing it need to catch up. They never did that to us though it's new

I don't blame you, I would do the same 😂We are doing the reforms at the moment as well and on Friday we have our first essay :frown: yeah I did higher mods last year and history seems like there's less essays to know and easier to write essays, really that's weird! Although thinking about it that's a really good idea as then you're likely to do better in s5
I don't blame you, I would do the same 😂We are doing the reforms at the moment as well and on Friday we have our first essay :frown: yeah I did higher mods last year and history seems like there's less essays to know and easier to write essays, really that's weird! Although thinking about it that's a really good idea as then you're likely to do better in s5

Ah our first essay is on Tuesday, but since we've already prepared it all we need to do is memorise it so it seems kinda easy tbh haha
And yeah true the amount of essays doesn't seem that bad, I guess that's good that you did modies as they also have like source questions too if I remember correctly from s1&2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending