The Student Room Group

Gothic Appreciation for the Unseen - OCR

So basically i know how to pick out gothic conventions. But then i don't know how to structure my answer. Do i split each paragraph according to a different gothic convention/or main occurrence of what's happening. Then do i have to analyse the quotes by analysing language. Does anyone have an exemplar in which they got good grades for.
Original post by Paulafernandes
So basically i know how to pick out gothic conventions. But then i don't know how to structure my answer. Do i split each paragraph according to a different gothic convention/or main occurrence of what's happening. Then do i have to analyse the quotes by analysing language. Does anyone have an exemplar in which they got good grades for.

It's ****, but there are no exemplars for gothic, that I can find. Don't think it was an option in the previous spec. However, doing analysis on an extract is the same for the other paper, (I did poetry and prose pre-1900, don't know what you did). 75% analysis marks, so make sure you make your point about use of language or some linguistic technique, then link it back to the gothic horror genre. 12.5% for general decent writing, so if you're structuring your argument well, (which should be one point per paragraph, intro, conclusion), then you'll be fine for that. the last 12.5% is for context, so try linking your points to something to do with context relating to the gothic. for example, if the extract features a monster, you've got to link it back to t darwin's theory of evolution, sparking fear of regression for victorian society, unless the extract comes from a piece published before Darwin's ToE became publicised. but that sort of thing. Is that helpful?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending