The Student Room Group

Embarrassing story that I need to get off my chest

I'm very susceptible to getting dumb school boy crushes. Last February I crossed paths with this girl in my uni residence who lived in the flat next to mine. I cringe as I write this but just a 2 second eye contact made me fall for her. Hard. And this had never happened to me before, not to this extent.
Fast forward a week or so later and we were both entering a lift and she was in front of me. Before the door opened she turned her head around and stared at me for a good 3-4 sec but I was too stupidly petrified to even look back at her and talking to her was outside the realm of possibility at the time (never had gf before, social anxiety and so on). I'm really guessing she was looking at me because there was just a wall behind me so I don't see why else she'd have turned her head and linger conspicuously like that.
At the time I told myself I need to continue working on personal development, improving my self confidence and hopefully in the next 4 months I would run into here again and say something. This has not happened and I feel really very **** in the most pathetic irrational way.
I don't know where she's from. I don't know if she was only here for one term and left the residence ages ago. She could've been in a happy relationship all this time. She could've been lesbian. My "sixth sense" of us being romantically compatible could've been wrong and maybe I would've found out she wasn't even a good person. I would've been fine with all of this but what really hurts is not knowing.
She had the most beautiful face I'd ever seen and I barely remember it except vague details. Even just seeing her again would make it less difficult.
So yes, I do realise how sad/pathetic/cringy this is but I felt like I needed to get it out.
Flame me TSR.
Reply 1
I would recommend closing this chapter by assuming there was no interest.

If she was that beautiful she probably wouldn't have been interested realistically m8.

Can't say i've agonised over a stranger in this way but like everyone have over analysed "missed opportunities". Most likely they weren't even opportunities at all.
Your story is cute.
Original post by stefano865
I would recommend closing this chapter by assuming there was no interest.

If she was that beautiful she probably wouldn't have been interested realistically m8.

Can't say i've agonised over a stranger in this way but like everyone have over analysed "missed opportunities". Most likely they weren't even opportunities at all.

I have! I see a boy on the street and can imagine my whole future with him.

OP don't beat yourself up ! There'll be other opportunities . Don't fret
Reply 4
Original post by Supernova91
I have! I see a boy on the street and can imagine my whole future with him.

OP don't beat yourself up ! There'll be other opportunities . Don't fret

That's not the same though. :redface:

It's pretty common to fantasise about people you come across. But this is not fantasising.

A girl working in a coffee shop gave me a nice smile the other day. Surely agonising about whether or not she liked me because of a three second interaction is not normal right?
Reply 5
Original post by stefano865
That's not the same though. :redface:

It's pretty common to fantasise about people you come across. But this is not fantasising.

A girl working in a coffee shop gave me a nice smile the other day. Surely agonising about whether or not she liked me because of a three second interaction is not normal right?

I'm not agonising over whether she liked me but because I didn't find out. You're right that she probably didn't. I'm agonising over never finding out for sure. I would love to ask her out and be rejected rn.
Reply 6
Don't worry about it too much. Even if you never see her again, you'll hopefully find other opportunities that'll make you forget about her.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending