The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blazing11
Your dad is absolutely right !

Can I just ask, were you told to call up on results day if you narrowly miss your offer as they may 'consider' taking you? Our Admissions Tutor told us that they get the grades about a day or two before but not the actual marks so if it's a narrow Miss then contact the college (and keep everything crossed) and wait. I just wondered if that's a common theme with all colleges, I suppose it is dependent on how competitive the course is 😕

Medwards have told me to email with raw marks and all of that stuff if it's a near miss. Yeah I think it is :frown: not too sure what happens if that's the case mind. I'm also getting 3% extra marks bc of a bereavement so idk what's exactly happening lol 😂 let's just hope we meet or exceed our offers :wink:
Falling asleep trying to revise for tomorrow's history exam :tongue: it's my favourite paper but I went to bed at 12am last night and woke up at 4am unable to get back to sleep. 😂 Thank god I've been revising for tomorrow since January!!!!
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Falling asleep trying to revise for tomorrow's history exam :tongue: it's my favourite paper but I went to bed at 12am last night and woke up at 4am unable to get back to sleep. 😂 Thank god I've been revising for tomorrow since January!!!!

I swear to god we are literally the same person, especially as we are both doing this having sat an English exam this morning!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3023
Original post by blazing11
Your dad is absolutely right !

Can I just ask, were you told to call up on results day if you narrowly miss your offer as they may 'consider' taking you? Our Admissions Tutor told us that they get the grades about a day or two before but not the actual marks so if it's a narrow Miss then contact the college (and keep everything crossed) and wait. I just wondered if that's a common theme with all colleges, I suppose it is dependent on how competitive the course is 😕

Yes that's standard practice if your Offer decision is still pending.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would now be a bit late to get my school to write to my college explaining difficulties in teaching one of the a levels I'm taking? I thought things were okay with the new guy we've had the last few weeks, but clearly having taken one of the maths exams the issues haven't fully been resolved..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
Would now be a bit late to get my school to write to my college explaining difficulties in teaching one of the a levels I'm taking? I thought things were okay with the new guy we've had the last few weeks, but clearly having taken one of the maths exams the issues haven't fully been resolved..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably not but I'd do it ASAP
History paper 2 today :frown: particularly worrying bc this is the one I messed up last year and also both my firm and insurance and nearly every uni I applied to specified I need an A* or an A in it :redface: pls wish me luck guys
History paper 2 today :frown: particularly worrying bc this is the one I messed up last year and also both my firm and insurance and nearly every uni I applied to specified I need an A* or an A in it :redface: pls wish me luck guys

Same. Good luck <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!! Let your love for history shine through ~~~
My conditions are A*AA (English)

Say I get A*A*B would Cambridge still think about taking me?

I know it depends on raw marks and how close you were and all that but anecdotally has this happened before?
Reply 3030
Original post by unknowntsr
My conditions are A*AA (English)

Say I get A*A*B would Cambridge still think about taking me?

I know it depends on raw marks and how close you were and all that but anecdotally has this happened before?

Yes they will think about it. "Anecdotally" doesn't really help because everyone's circumstances are different. :smile: But, essentially, a very near miss (e.g. if the B is a close A) *can* be acceptable. But not always. It depends...

Best to ask the AT in their current thread (a similar question has already been discussed).
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4778102
Well I had Chinese and Mechanics 2 today and I tell you what those papers were a blessing! 😁

Thanks be to Edexcel 👏 (for once)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Steliata
Well I had Chinese and Mechanics 2 today and I tell you what those papers were a blessing! 😁

Seems like M2 has been pretty nice this year. OCRs was pretty good, nothing overly hard

I had history paper 2 and though the source could have gone better I wrote loads and everyone struggled with the source and I feel like I struggled slightly less though my provenance paragraph sucked I completed it and I'm kind of happy with it :biggrin: just got to hope the boundaries aren't stupidly high :tongue:
Original post by an_atheist
Seems like M2 has been pretty nice this year. OCRs was pretty good, nothing overly hard

Yeah it was nice, especially compared to last years paper which I tried yesterday and actually couldn't do 😅
I had history paper 2 and though the source could have gone better I wrote loads and everyone struggled with the source and I feel like I struggled slightly less though my provenance paragraph sucked I completed it and I'm kind of happy with it :biggrin: just got to hope the boundaries aren't stupidly high :tongue:

Ah I'm glad it went well! I was doing Chinese while they were doing History and I saw a few confused looking faces. So if you had plenty to say about it I'm sure you'll be fine 😉

How many exams does everyone have left now? I'm halfway there and have three left 😊
Yeah it was nice, especially compared to last years paper which I tried yesterday and actually couldn't do 😅

Ah I'm glad it went well! I was doing Chinese while they were doing History and I saw a few confused looking faces. So if you had plenty to say about it I'm sure you'll be fine 😉

How many exams does everyone have left now? I'm halfway there and have three left 😊

Glad someone else couldn't do m2 2016...
-snip-

I'm 5 exams in, so 8 left (4 this week, 4 week after). Halfway is Tuesday, after my C3 exam (exam #7). I dont finish until the 29th (the joys of doing physics)
Original post by k.russell
Glad someone else couldn't do m2 2016...

Yeah... wasn't the best thing for my confidence given I've been prioritising core maths 😮 plus the grade boundaries were like nothing happened...

Did you do M2 today?
Yeah... wasn't the best thing for my confidence given I've been prioritising core maths 😮 plus the grade boundaries were like nothing happened...

Did you do M2 today?

No last year!! It was really scarring cos it was my first maths exam and I'm not strong in mech anyway
Finally reached halfway today! 5/9 done! Not without its tears though but we got there. Thankfully I'm meant to be going on a trip to an awards ceremony for our school magazine, for an article that I wrote in 2 days flat. Just have to hope school sort out the train tickets before the end of the chem exam on Monday (I'm leaving straight after it)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending