The Student Room Group

New GCSEs revision guides

Hi,
I'm doing my exams in 2017 and I was wondering what are the best revision guides for the new maths and english exams(the ones grades 9-1)? I'm doing the OCR board for maths. I'm also taking English, Geography, History, German, Arabic, Triple science & additional maths so if you could recommend any good revision guides for those subjects too, it would be a big help!
Thank you!
(edited 6 years ago)
Definitely the CGP Revision Guides. I've ordered the Maths ones, had a flick through and they seem brilliant, especially as they have a Workbook and an Exam Workbook (then again I'm doing AQA). And as for the English Rev. Guides, all the CGP ones are great, especially the poetry ones (unseen and seen) and all the language and literature. I also recommend the York Notes for the texts you're doing, they're fab at giving great quotes etc. Also for science once again CGP are great, and they also have 10 Min Workbooks which are really useful. I don't do History or German, and I'm doing OCR Geography, but all I'm saying is CGP all the way. (P.S to order them I'd use Wordery as the shipping is free and their emails are just so lovely)!
Thank you for the reply. I was going to order the CGP books but I've heard they lack in detail sometimes and especially for the new GCSEs, which are harder, I wasn't sure whether to go with them or not
Original post by dania.abdalla
Thank you for the reply. I was going to order the CGP books but I've heard they lack in detail sometimes and especially for the new GCSEs, which are harder, I wasn't sure whether to go with them or not

I'd definitely go for them. As I said the Maths one is great (but I'm doing AQA), but if you're not sure then maybe go to a Waterstones near you and flick through the ones you're not sure about to get an idea of what you want. As for English, it really is a massive life saver. My teacher asked us to get it as it's the best one, so if she recommended it I'm assuming it's great (and also detailed). Seriously, it saved me when we went through some of the poems!
Hi,
I'm doing my exams in 2017 and I was wondering what are the best revision guides for the new maths and english exams(the ones grades 9-1)? I'm doing the OCR board for maths. I'm also taking English, Geography, History, German, Arabic, Triple science & additional maths so if you could recommend any good revision guides for those subjects too, it would be a big help!
Thank you!

*sigh* I remember buying books for gcse's. Only have one exam left thankfully :'). But CGP are effective but I'm not sure about the new gcse tho :3
Original post by RandomSheep
*sigh* I remember buying books for gcse's. Only have one exam left thankfully :':wink:. But CGP are effective but I'm not sure about the new gcse tho :3

Lucky, I still have 3 more exams left:colonhash:
Lucky, I still have 3 more exams left:colonhash:

It'll all be over soon :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest