This is a thread where you can ask any question about the exams etc. :smile:

When entering the thread answer these questions:
Are you doing double or triple?
What is your target for physics?
Are you prepared for the exams?
Which is your favourite topic/unit?
Any predictions for the 6 markers?

The 2016 papers are now out for revision use on the AQA website :smile:
Any useful revision resources, post below and I'll add them to the op so that everyone can see them :smile:
Good luck everyone!
help plzzzz

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 12.10.21.png

3 (c) (ii) Use Figure 8 to determine the resistance of the fixed resistor, R. Resistance of R = ____________________ Ω Give the reason for your answer. ________________________________ ________________________________ _____________________ ________________________________ ________________________________ _____________________ Calculate the current through the circuit when the resistance of the variable resistor equals 200 Ω. Use the correct equation from the Physics Equations Sheet. [3 marks] ________________________________ ________________________________ _____________________ ________________________________ ________________________________ _____________________ ________________________________ ________________________________ _____________________ Current = ___________________________ A
Original post by ehruhure
help plzzzz

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 12.10.21.png

3 (c) (ii) Use Figure 8 to determine the resistance of the fixed resistor, R. Resistance of R = ____________________ Ω Give the reason for your answer. ________________________________ ________________________________ _____________________ ________________________________ ________________________________ _____________________ Calculate the current through the circuit when the resistance of the variable resistor equals 200 Ω. Use the correct equation from the Physics Equations Sheet. [3 marks] ________________________________ ________________________________ _____________________ ________________________________ ________________________________ _____________________ ________________________________ ________________________________ _____________________ Current = ___________________________ A

Having seen that question in my mock, you'll need to post the circuit they gave us for that question so that the answer can be found, certainly for part 2. The 2016 AQA papers are also on the AQA website if you want to look at the mark scheme.
can u just look at the paper and explain it, i don't get the mark scheme.
the paper is on the aqa website.

THANKS FOR THE HELP MATEY.

I have absolutely no clue! The mark scheme certainly isn't very clear, that's for sure.
Hi c:
Are you doing double or triple? Triple, but I sat my core exam last year and got an a* thank god c:What is your target for physics? I really want an a* again but I'm struggling a lot with additional.
Are you prepared for the exams? Hmm kind of - I'm more prepared for biology and chemistry as I need them to get into university.
Which is your favourite topic/unit? From additional I would say the life cycle of stars and nuclear decay/nuclear radiation, and in further I enjoy the topics surrounding magnetism.
Any predictions for the 6 markers? Not really, and I know it's not relevant but regarding the biology six markers, there's generally a question on natural selection.
Original post by rebecca.jb
Hi c:
Are you doing double or triple? Triple, but I sat my core exam last year and got an a* thank god c:What is your target for physics? I really want an a* again but I'm struggling a lot with additional.
Are you prepared for the exams? Hmm kind of - I'm more prepared for biology and chemistry as I need them to get into university.
Which is your favourite topic/unit? From additional I would say the life cycle of stars and nuclear decay/nuclear radiation, and in further I enjoy the topics surrounding magnetism.
Any predictions for the 6 markers? Not really, and I know it's not relevant but regarding the biology six markers, there's generally a question on natural selection.

u smart

Original post by Lemur14
I have absolutely no clue! The mark scheme certainly isn't very clear, that's for sure.

I've not looked at the mark scheme or the full question, but it seems most likely that the variable resistor is in series with a fixed resistor and the voltmeters are set up to measure the p.d. across each.

The resistors form a potential divider such that both voltmeters will give the same reading when the resistances of the potential divider are equal. (See below diagram).

In this case 6V each with both the variable and fixed resistors set at 600 ohms.

The supply voltage must then be 6 + 6 = 12V.

If the variable resistor is then set to 200 ohms, the total series resistance will be 200 + 600 = 800 ohms.

Giving a current I = V/R = 12/800 = 15mA

(edited 6 years ago)
Everyone ready for tomorrow?
I'm certainly not lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did it go then everyone?
I thought it was ok, didn't like the question about the measurement error though as it was quite ambiguous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope everyone is prepared for tomorrow.
It's the last for most people, although I don't finish until Tuesday :frown:
Good luck everyone!

(I'm just starting P3 revision :lol:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
help please!! which lens diagrams do you need to be able to draw for physics unit 3 higher exam tomorrow
Original post by Sophieellenx
help please!! which lens diagrams do you need to be able to draw for physics unit 3 higher exam tomorrow

Good question...
Looking at the spec it seems they more expect us to learn the rules of lens diagrams so they could give us an object positioned anywhere for either lens type and we be expected to draw it. I'm not the best person to ask though as I always mess them up lol
Original post by Lemur14
Good question...
Looking at the spec it seems they more expect us to learn the rules of lens diagrams so they could give us an object positioned anywhere for either lens type and we be expected to draw it. I'm not the best person to ask though as I always mess them up lol

Thanks! i guess i better start learning that then hahaha
Original post by Sophieellenx
Thanks! i guess i better start learning that then hahaha

np :smile:
I'm almost half way through P3...not sure any of it went in though, certainly not enough knowledge for a 6 marker on any topic, so I'm praying for one where they give you a load of information and graphs and you just have to interpret it lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending