The Student Room Group

Going to 2 Sixth Forms

I'm going to 2 sixth forms: my current school's sixth form for two of my a-levels and a local grammar school for one of them.
Does anyone have any experience going to 2 sixth forms? I'm kind of unsure about how I'm going to attend the lessons in time because it's about half an hour away. And the grammar school has a uniform for sixth form, but my school has a dress code...
It's very frustrating because I didn't want to do this but my school decided to cancel Economics at last minute :/
I guess the most important thing is the quality of education. The Grammar school may have a uniform - but being someone who went to a Grammar school myself, I believe them to be much better
I go to two sixth forms (haha because of economics too xD)

I didn't have to wear uniform though
It's hard at the start, but you have to try and make friends. (Make friends at the start and you'll be good)

If you are not there a lot (I.e only one lesson) make sure you get your teachers email, in case you miss lessons, need help.

As long as you try to make friends and integrate you'll be fine :smile:
Why don't you just go to the grammar school for all of them?
Reply 4
Saving space here so I can talk about my experiences (went to a secondary school for A level Politics, did the rest of my A levels at my grammar school) when I'm on laptop. :h:
Original post by physicsamor
I go to two sixth forms (haha because of economics too xD)

I didn't have to wear uniform though
It's hard at the start, but you have to try and make friends. (Make friends at the start and you'll be good)

If you are not there a lot (I.e only one lesson) make sure you get your teachers email, in case you miss lessons, need help.

As long as you try to make friends and integrate you'll be fine :smile:

Haha, high five :biggrin: Yeah, I'm not very good at making friends but I'm gonna try because otherwise it's just gonna make everything harder. I'm usually just one of those people who are invisible, which is usually an advantage - but not so much this time :smile:

Yeah, I asked my school and they said I don't have to wear the uniform when I go to the grammar school - but everyone else is going to be and that means I'm going to stand out quite a bit. It's traditionally a boys grammar school too, and even though the sixth form is co-ed, there's going to be much more boys than girls, which kinda makes it harder to make friends.

Original post by thelegend99
Why don't you just go to the grammar school for all of them?

The current school I'm in is more convenient - I like all the teachers for Maths and Physics and I live very close. All my friends are here, and I'm not a person who feels comfortable changing my whole routine. I used to move schools a lot when I was younger and it really messed up my ability to learn because it takes me a while to settle in new places. I know it seems inconvenient, but I really have no interest in attending the grammar school - I get good grades at my current school and I'm happy here, so I don't see why I would move.
Original post by physconomics
Haha, high five :biggrin: Yeah, I'm not very good at making friends but I'm gonna try because otherwise it's just gonna make everything harder. I'm usually just one of those people who are invisible, which is usually an advantage - but not so much this time :smile:

Yeah, I asked my school and they said I don't have to wear the uniform when I go to the grammar school - but everyone else is going to be and that means I'm going to stand out quite a bit. It's traditionally a boys grammar school too, and even though the sixth form is co-ed, there's going to be much more boys than girls, which kinda makes it harder to make friends.

Lololol I swear I have the exact same story as you, I went to a girls school and an all boys school (it's not a grammar school though) the sixth form boys are mature tho, they'll be nice don't worry. I was the invisible one but I did try to make friends (nearer to the end though that's why I encourage you at the start) unfortunately hardly any girls went but I think now there are a lot more girls so I presume that they'll be more girls than you'll expect :smile:

Not wearing uniform is a perk though in summer whilst they are all stuck in their sweaty blazers loool

Just be yourself and don't tolerate any nonsense from some of the idiots you would encounter
Original post by physicsamor
Lololol I swear I have the exact same story as you, I went to a girls school and an all boys school (it's not a grammar school though) the sixth form boys are mature tho, they'll be nice don't worry. I was the invisible one but I did try to make friends (nearer to the end though that's why I encourage you at the start) unfortunately hardly any girls went but I think now there are a lot more girls so I presume that they'll be more girls than you'll expect :smile:

Not wearing uniform is a perk though in summer whilst they are all stuck in their sweaty blazers loool

Just be yourself and don't tolerate any nonsense from some of the idiots you would encounter

Haha, yeah true, hopefully. Lmao good point tbh. Yeah I guess moving around a lot has helped me tolerate the idiots. Thank you!

The current school I'm in is more convenient - I like all the teachers for Maths and Physics and I live very close. All my friends are here, and I'm not a person who feels comfortable changing my whole routine. I used to move schools a lot when I was younger and it really messed up my ability to learn because it takes me a while to settle in new places. I know it seems inconvenient, but I really have no interest in attending the grammar school - I get good grades at my current school and I'm happy here, so I don't see why I would move.

Completely fair enough. Also, if the teachers know you then they may predict you higher.

I was thinking more about it 'logistically' i.e. because you'll have to go to the grammar school anyway for subjects- but if you're happy where you are then that's great.
I'm going to 2 sixth forms: my current school's sixth form for two of my a-levels and a local grammar school for one of them.
Does anyone have any experience going to 2 sixth forms? I'm kind of unsure about how I'm going to attend the lessons in time because it's about half an hour away. And the grammar school has a uniform for sixth form, but my school has a dress code...
It's very frustrating because I didn't want to do this but my school decided to cancel Economics at last minute :/

Can you not do everything at the Grammar or go to a Local Collage I know it sucks but it's virtually impossible to do what your proposing.

Quick Reply

Latest