The Student Room Group

AQA American Dream History 2Q

What are people thinking? Terms of revision, essay topics.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by joestudies123
What are people thinking? Terms of revision, essay topics.

no idea tbh, I'm hoping for a nice CR q hopefully on the sources but I think it will be economic/ FP based again
How did everyone find the paper?
Reply 3
Original post by Annadoyle
How did everyone find the paper?

The great society Q is hard and i'm kicking myself that i didn't do that Ike q! wbu?
Original post by Grace27
The great society Q is hard and i'm kicking myself that i didn't do that Ike q! wbu?

Which questions did you do and what did you think of the sources?
Reply 5
Original post by JamesChance
Which questions did you do and what did you think of the sources?

I did the NAACP one and the Ford and Carter and I hated the source Q wbu?
Original post by Grace27
I did the NAACP one and the Ford and Carter and I hated the source Q wbu?

The Eisenhower question and the Ford and Carter question. Why did you decide not to do the Eisenhower one?
Original post by Grace27

I found the source question ok to be honest... the only thing was that the sources seemed really similar in terms of content, so I couldn't differentiate which one was the 'most useful'...

I did the Ike question and the NAACP question because I hadn't done any revision on Ford/Carter/Reagan!! The questions themselves I found were worded a bit strangely so I'm not sure if I answered them correctly..
Reply 8
Original post by JamesChance
The Eisenhower question and the Ford and Carter question. Why did you decide not to do the Eisenhower one?

Straight away the difference in europe threw me but while i was writing NAACP q I realised I should have done it because of lack of intervention in hungary and berlin (geneva conference) vs intervention in Lebanon, Egypt, Korea, Vietnam etc. Why did you pick those two?
Reply 9
Original post by Annadoyle
I found the source question ok to be honest... the only thing was that the sources seemed really similar in terms of content, so I couldn't differentiate which one was the 'most useful'...

I did the Ike question and the NAACP question because I hadn't done any revision on Ford/Carter/Reagan!! The questions themselves I found were worded a bit strangely so I'm not sure if I answered them correctly..

I found the sources different in content actually! For A2 you don't have to give judgement on which is the most useful so that doesn't matter as long as you assess the validity of each one :smile:
I hadn't done any on carter either (hadn't been taught it well tbh) so not sure why i did it !!
Reply 10
the great society
Reply 11
Does anyone know what the essay questions actually were ?
Original post by Grace27
Straight away the difference in europe threw me but while i was writing NAACP q I realised I should have done it because of lack of intervention in hungary and berlin (geneva conference) vs intervention in Lebanon, Egypt, Korea, Vietnam etc. Why did you pick those two?

Hey, my mocks are fast approaching, and in history, it seems we have been getting relatively poor hints about the essay title. I would MASSIVELY appreciate it if anyone could remember and tell me the essay title for Ford and Carter, and the source. Thank you!
Any predictions for the American Dream: Reality and Illusion A2, AQA History exam?

Last years questions were:

With reference to these sources and your understanding of the historical context, assess the value of these three sources to an historian studying Johnson’s Great Society. [30 marks]

‘The success of the civil rights movement in the years 1947 to 1957 was dependent on the NAACP [National Association for the Advancement of Colored People].’ Assess the validity of this view. [25 marks]

‘Eisenhower’s foreign policy in Europe differed significantly from his foreign policy elsewhere in the world.’ Assess the validity of this view. [25 marks]

To what extent were the presidencies of Ford and Carter disastrous for the USA at home and abroad? [25 marks]
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 14
Absolutely awful. 😭😖 Feel like I've wasted 2 years, drilling Watergate and Vietnam into my brain... and what came up? Korean war and all economic essays. My head was in the mode of 2 hour exams (as all my others are) so I rushed and forgot it was 2.5 hours, then had to go back and fill in extra points in the last half hour, with * and telling the examiner to P.T.O. but don't think they'll understand what I've done...will they? 😕

Quick Reply