The Student Room Group

WJEC Information & Communication Technology IT3 (LEGACY) 1243/01 - 16 Jun 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hehexd
meant to type 16, my bad

haha i was gong to say😂 even though i didn't think it went too well, i think i've got at least 16 so i should be okay😂 thankyou
I've defo lost my A 😭😭 but it's okay I guess seeing as though I have an unconditional
Anybody made an unofficial mark scheme????
I like how they basically put other than on every question and put other than 'all the common answers that everyone knows' 🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jasmine_Bunn
I like how they basically put other than on every question and put other than 'all the common answers that everyone knows' 🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes this seems to be the way it goes now.

Overall I think it was a nice paper. A* hangs in the balance.

It was a bit worrying that they said 'factors to consider when designing an effective HCI for the workplace' but since 'differentiation of user expertise' is on the good HCI mark scheme, I would imagine that its just a rehashed clone.

Databases was lovely, better than expected - was sure that the tables question wouldn't be back.

It is a shame that the same cannot be said for maths this afternoon. A part of me died as I left the school earlier on:biggrin:
Original post by Mande1724
What was the "Worries of a new ICT system" really asking?

pretty sure it was

- changes in location
- changes in internal procedures
- changes in organisational structure
- changes in work patterns
i think i got the marks needed unless i get an extremely harsh examiner but i guess whats done is done

thanks for the resources @PedanticStudent & gl with results day
Original post by Mande1724
What was the "Worries of a new ICT system" really asking?

I gave and described 5 fears
In AS, for the coursework I got 78/80 and the got 43 in the paper. For A2 I got the 94 in the coursework, so what would I need for a A/B in the paper?
Thanks for your help
Original post by hehexd
meant to type 16, my bad

i have 256UMS how many do i need for an A and B?
320ums for a
280ums for b
240ums for c
Original post by Jane122
i have 256UMS how many do i need for an A and B?

25 raw marks
Got a couple questions about that paper.
Q3- What even was that? systematic configuration management?
What did you put for the video conferencing examples and adv/dis of video conferencing? Is that an AS question?
For the Introduction of Ict question that causes worrying- do you write about: new skills required and old ones not, organisational structure changes, work patterns altered, internal procedures are changed or do you write about fears of the workforce: fear of redundancy, change in work patterns, change in internal procedures, fear of retraining?
For the code of conduct question do you write about- using organisations hardware, using company time for personal use, distribution of material that is racially or sexually offensive, violating terms of copyright or software agreements?

Apart from those, i thought the paper was decent, glad topic 9 was only a part B question.
im pretty sure i messed up on the table question, i knew van would be one table but i had no idea with what the other table should be so i just ended up putting something that is wrong. what did you guys put?
i put:
VAN [vanid*, make, model, customerid, locationofpickup]
LOCATION OF PICKUP [locationofpickupid*, town, vanid]
*=primary
_=foreign

hopefully i get about 3 from this

also the videoconferencing question i found difficult, what were the two uses? i never learnt anything about video conferencing other than the term video conferencing so i gave some decent guesses but knowing how wjec are with only getting marks for word for word answers i probably won't get any marks

i put 4 uses,
one about employees interviewing people who have applied to work in a hospital,
another on senior doctors helping young doctors in unfamiliar diseases
another on doctors talking to patients who are at home.
and another on doctors sending and showing eachother graphs e.g. pulse graph

for advantages i put general things like saves time and money from no travelling
and disadvantages i put requires a pc and internet connection and there may be poor connectivity
Original post by tommylad
Got a couple questions about that paper.
Q3- What even was that? systematic configuration management?
What did you put for the video conferencing examples and adv/dis of video conferencing? Is that an AS question?
For the Introduction of Ict question that causes worrying- do you write about: new skills required and old ones not, organisational structure changes, work patterns altered, internal procedures are changed or do you write about fears of the workforce: fear of redundancy, change in work patterns, change in internal procedures, fear of retraining?
For the code of conduct question do you write about- using organisations hardware, using company time for personal use, distribution of material that is racially or sexually offensive, violating terms of copyright or software agreements?

Apart from those, i thought the paper was decent, glad topic 9 was only a part B question.

Pretty sure it was about the fears as I recognised that it was very similar wording to the summer 2011 question which was about fears.

The new skills required etc is consequences of change, which I don't think the question was about as the only time that has come up before is in Jan 12 and it clearly said "consequences of change" also it was a 4 mark question while fears is always two marks per point which is what this one was.

Code of conduct was very similar in wording to last years' question so believe it was just basically a rehash of that. It also precluded 'passwords' and 'introduction of viruses' which are elements of "what should be included in a code of conduct" question and "how can an employee misuse ICT facilities" question, respectively.

Maybe it was a mixture of the two. I hate it when the questions are really cryptic like they were today. I just picked up on the fact that it was similar wording to last year but just appeared to reverse the approach of last year.

Can't really know until results day. I think configuration management will knock the grade boundaries down by a mark or two.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by PedanticStudent
Pretty sure it was about the fears as I recognised that it was very similar wording to the summer 2011 question which was about fears.

The new skills required etc is consequences of change, which I don't think the question was about as the only time that has come up before is in Jan 12 and it clearly said "consequences of change" also it was a 4 mark question while fears is always two marks per point which is what this one was.

Yeah you are right looking at 2011 paper. If you wrote about consequences of change would you get some marks? the answers are sort of similar. The question was worded so weirdly that I didn't know which one they were on about
Original post by cursloid
im pretty sure i messed up on the table question, i knew van would be one table but i had no idea with what the other table should be so i just ended up putting something that is wrong. what did you guys put?
i put:
VAN [vanid*, make, model, customerid, locationofpickup]
LOCATION OF PICKUP [locationofpickupid*, town, vanid]
*=primary
_=foreign

hopefully i get about 3 from this

also the videoconferencing question i found difficult, what were the two uses? i never learnt anything about video conferencing other than the term video conferencing so i gave some decent guesses but knowing how wjec are with only getting marks for word for word answers i probably won't get any marks

i put 4 uses,
one about employees interviewing people who have applied to work in a hospital,
another on senior doctors helping young doctors in unfamiliar diseases
another on doctors talking to patients who are at home.
and another on doctors sending and showing eachother graphs e.g. pulse graph

for advantages i put general things like saves time and money from no travelling
and disadvantages i put requires a pc and internet connection and there may be poor connectivity

Yo you should have used HIRE and hireID instead of location. Why put 4 when it asks for 2? I put the one about unfamiliar disease.

Code of conduct was very similar in wording to last years' question so believe it was just basically a rehash of that. It also precluded 'passwords' and 'introduction of viruses' which are elements of "what should be included in a code of conduct" question and "how can an employee misuse ICT facilities" question, respectively.

Maybe it was a mixture of the two. I hate it when the questions are really cryptic like they were today. I just picked up on the fact that it was similar wording to last year but just appeared to reverse the approach of last year.

Can't really know until results day. I think configuration management will knock the grade boundaries down by a mark or two.

The code of conduct one wasn't about what it contained was it? I thought it was about what it stops
Reply 418

For code of conduct , i talked about the guidelines ... like responsabilities if the employees to abide by company rules etc
Original post by tommylad
The code of conduct one wasn't about what it contained was it? I thought it was about what it stops

The question definitely felt like last years' code of conduct question just made you talk about the problem first and then the guideline later, which is just the opposite of the way they did it last time - just really cryptic.

I know which question you are talking about, but that is more about the examples of the ways in which employees can misuse the ICT facilities, but like I say, it felt like a mixture of these two questions at the same time... I still can't be certain now. Only thing is, he asked for a definition of codes of conduct, and in all cases before, a discussion of the guidelines and the problems they are designed to overcome has followed on from it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending