The Student Room Group

OCR Classical Civilisation A Level thread

Hi all!
Can't seem to find a thread for this course this year - anyone taking this paper, AS or A2? How are you finding revision?
Rose
Ok! What modules are you doing and how have you found them? I have Odyssey (already done-went well) and Greek Tragedy, Art and Arch and Virgil world of the hero to come to still...
Reply 2
I'm an A2 re-sitting my AS Greek Tragedy and Im doing Virgil and the World of the Hero aswell as Roman Britain for A2
Original post by roselondon2
Hi all!
Can't seem to find a thread for this course this year - anyone taking this paper, AS or A2? How are you finding revision?
Rose

I'm doing Art and Architecture + World of heroes. The former is a bit of a nightmare, I'm hoping women might come up in the latter. Has anyone had any suggestions of possible topics from their tutors since I'm working independently and have none of that kind of support?
Hate how close the exams are together this year, so much to revise with both the units!
Reply 5
Hate how close the exams are together this year, so much to revise with both the units!

I think they're nicely spaced out if I'm honest
Original post by _cxw
I think they're nicely spaced out if I'm honest

Do you think so? Fair enough, I feel like I just have this weekend to prepare for Virgil and the World of the Hero right after art n architecture, which i'm defo not feeling prepared for at all :bawling::bawling:
Do you think so? Fair enough, I feel like I just have this weekend to prepare for Virgil and the World of the Hero right after art n architecture, which i'm defo not feeling prepared for at all :bawling::bawling:

I agree ; such a lot of A&A content, i have condensed it as much as possible but still get bogged down with details/ dates /chronology . It seems to day two days too skim through even now...Then just three days for W of H. At least the exams are in the afternoon......
I've had my two AS exams this year - Odyssey and Greek Tragedy! They both went well, fingers crossed for an A come 17th August. I'll be doing Art and Architecture and World of the Hero next year, we just started the former to get ahead with content.
Original post by StevetheIcecube
I've had my two AS exams this year - Odyssey and Greek Tragedy! They both went well, fingers crossed for an A come 17th August. I'll be doing Art and Architecture and World of the Hero next year, we just started the former to get ahead with content.

Well done! good luck on that A! :smile:
Original post by StevetheIcecube

I did both the Odyssey and Greek Tragedy at AS.
Have currently just done my Architecture paper with my Virgil and the World of the Hero paper this Tuesday.

If you have any questions about anything just ask!

Glad they went well for you anyway

Yes Rose, I completely agree. I'm thinking like do I have the time to re-read the Aeneid...

Also how did your exam go today? What questions did you choose from the paper?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Aaron2515
Yes Rose, I completely agree. I'm thinking like do I have the time to re-read the Aeneid...

Also how did your exam go today? What questions did you choose from the paper?

I was quite happy with the paper, I chose the first question on pots and the second on metopes and friezes. I think I did alright, finished in time ! But I felt the questions were a little bit boring! What about you?
I was quite happy with the paper, I chose the first question on pots and the second on metopes and friezes. I think I did alright, finished in time ! But I felt the questions were a little bit boring! What about you?

That sounds good. We did the exact same questions. I too finished in time. I felt the Vase question was a gift, quite simple and easy to answer. However, I found the 'Rich in Narrative' question fairly hard to write lots about.

Quick Reply

Latest