Thought I'd create a thread for the upcoming triple science exams

Feel free to share any revision or tips in the exam,

let's smash these exams!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sum Ting
Thought I'd create a thread for the upcoming triple science exams

Feel free to share any revision or tips in the exam,

let's smash these exams!!

Praying we get 6 markers on Gene probes, controlling blood sugar levels and bioaccumulaiton.
Reply 2
Original post by danielwinstanley
Praying we get 6 markers on Gene probes, controlling blood sugar levels and bioaccumulaiton.

Yep that would be awesome, what were the 6 markers on last year?
Original post by Sum Ting
Yep that would be awesome, what were the 6 markers on last year?

I think there was something on BMI, genetically modifying bacteria and harvesting timber. Can't remember fully, but I think it was them. I reckon we'll get capillary beds, controlling glucose levels and bioaccumulation as the 6 markers for B7.
B7? I though it only existed till B6?
I think there was something on BMI, genetically modifying bacteria and harvesting timber. Can't remember fully, but I think it was them. I reckon we'll get capillary beds, controlling glucose levels and bioaccumulation as the 6 markers for B7.

capillary beds meaning how tissue fluid is formed? and how are glucose levels controlled!?!?
Original post by nish2910
capillary beds meaning how tissue fluid is formed? and how are glucose levels controlled!?!?

Yes:

And glucose levels eg diabetes types, what they are, how they're monitored/controlled.
Yes:

And glucose levels eg diabetes types, what they are, how they're monitored/controlled.

but isn't there not much to say in terms of how it's controlled -- type 1 insulin injections/tablets and type 2 proper diet and exercise?

also any predictions for the other two exams would be extremely helpful. thanks!
but isn't there not much to say in terms of how it's controlled -- type 1 insulin injections/tablets and type 2 proper diet and exercise?

also any predictions for the other two exams would be extremely helpful. thanks!

May come with some data analysis, or the process of glucose level control (e.g. Pancreas is stimulated, insulin is secreted, insulin stimulates glucose uptake from blood stored as glycogen causing the blood glucose level to fall)

P7 6 markers:
- there's practically been a 6 marker on telescopes every year
- Curtis and whoever debate
- solar eclipses and why they occur infrequently

C7 6 markers
- titration
- making a standard solution
- comparing reactions of alkanes, alkenes and alcohols
- Haber process (I hope)
Reply 9
May come with some data analysis, or the process of glucose level control (e.g. Pancreas is stimulated, insulin is secreted, insulin stimulates glucose uptake from blood stored as glycogen causing the blood glucose level to fall)

P7 6 markers:

C7 6 markers
- titration
- Haber process (I hope)

I really hope your P7 and C7 predictions are right
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by DD2508
I really hope your P7 and C7 predictions are eight

Me too - really want those 6 markers because I know the science. But, well probably get some horrible papers which requires no science knowledge.

P7 6 markers:

C7 6 markers
- titration
- Haber process (I hope)

thanks! if they haber process doesn't come up i'm gonna be so annoyed. praying they ask why it's a compromise lol
Reply 12
Me too - really want those 6 markers because I know the science. But, well probably get some horrible papers which requires no science knowledge.

Yes exactly the same with me, I'm comfortable with any science based questions but I always get stuck on the weird types where all that knowledge is useless
thanks! if they haber process doesn't come up i'm gonna be so annoyed. praying they ask why it's a compromise lol

Praying we get asked how temperature and pressure affects the Haber process.
Praying we get asked how temperature and pressure affects the Haber process.

just praying in general i don't fail. the grade boundaries are so high for the 7s nearly impossible to get an A*
(edited 6 years ago)
just praying in general i don't fail. the grade boundaries are so high for the 7s nearly impossible to get an A*

also does anyone have the C7 2016 paper? thank you :smile:

Thankfully the boundaries never really exceed 50, except C7 last year when you needed 52 for an A*

Hoping 48 gets an A* in all three this year
Thankfully the boundaries never really exceed 50, except C7 last year when you needed 52 for an A*

Hoping 48 gets an A* in all three this year

yes, even though that's stretching it for me :/ it's the stupid data analysis qs that make me lose marks or 'ideas about science'
yes, even though that's stretching it for me :/ it's the stupid data analysis qs that make me lose marks or 'ideas about science'

Oh god...probably the worst part of it.

I've done some C7 notes and attached them - hope they're useful. I've been through all the past papers, the spec and revision guides to compile this - it contains everything (I hope) we need to know - it's in 4 parts.
Oh god...probably the worst part of it.

I've done some C7 notes and attached them - hope they're useful. I've been through all the past papers, the spec and revision guides to compile this - it contains everything (I hope) we need to know - it's in 4 parts.

wow thank you so much! my notes are extremely similar to yours (tho not as neat aha) which is extremely comforting as you seem to know stuff in general. for the alkanes reaction thing you mentioned in an above post, do you think they would just ask the reaction with sodium? because alkenes don't really react with anything specific do they like alkanes, alcohol do

edit: i tried to give you rep but i can't because it says i've given rep to you already so i can;t again.
wow thank you so much! my notes are extremely similar to yours (tho not as neat aha) which is extremely comforting as you seem to know stuff in general. for the alkanes reaction thing you mentioned in an above post, do you think they would just ask the reaction with sodium? because alkenes don't really react with anything specific do they like alkanes, alcohol do

edit: i tried to give you rep but i can't because it says i've given rep to you already so i can;t again.

The spec says

"recall the reaction of alcohols with sodium and how this compares with the reactions of water and alkanes with sodium"

so I think they could maybe give it as a 6 marker - you can write word and symbol equations and describing along with what happens in the reaction.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending