The Student Room Group

Accenture Technology Degree Apprenticeship 2017

Scroll to see replies

I know next to nothing about coding so I hope you all do and can help me out in the first 4 weeks 😉😇
Reply 81
Original post by Humanfromearth
I know next to nothing about coding so I hope you all do and can help me out in the first 4 weeks 😉😇

i studied visual basic in computing fora year and then dropped the subject, im plannin to teach myself java over the break, check out thenewboston on YT and follow the tutorials and youll become prettttty decent by watching him, thats my plan
I know some programming/coding, I studied a whole unit on object orientated programming and games development/web development at sixth form, so I know how to moderately program in JavaScript in Dreamweaver, C++ and C# on Visual studio. Same as @Dkusht I'm planning to get ahead start and start teaching myself how to program in Java this summer using codeacademy and maybe YouTube.

So yeah I'll be more than happy to help 😁😄

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by squirrology
Although I'm planning to stay at Home, I was previously looking into it but tbh you're better off finding somewhere in the surrounding areas of London (Kent, Berkshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex) and commute than in London itself because it's ultimately cheaper unless you're willing to flat share with random people.

Yh im guessing that's the best idea. Thanks I'll have a look into those areas.

Anyone know if Accenture cover travel expenses or is it just a subsidised railcard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
why?? anyone else recieve the email about onboarding ?
Original post by Dkusht
why?? anyone else recieve the email about onboarding ?

No have you?
Reply 86
No have you?

yeah i recieved it have to fill out hella forms and upload loads of things its soo long and i have exams urghhh
Original post by Dkusht
yeah i recieved it have to fill out hella forms and upload loads of things its soo long and i have exams urghhh

Just received it today, I was actually getting worried lol

I've already completed 4 of the tasks.
Reply 88
just got the email today.

really short notice and deadlines, made worse since i have exams as well :frown:
Managed to finish all the tasks, deadlines were so tight, didn't even have a printer to print out contract :sigh:

Luckily I managed to print it in sixth form library.
Managed to finish all the tasks, deadlines were so tight, didn't even have a printer to print out contract :sigh:

Luckily I managed to print it in sixth form library.

As i've been in full time education for the last 36 months, how do I structure the references section like where it says title and referee. HELP PLEASE!
Original post by dreamweaver01
As i've been in full time education for the last 36 months, how do I structure the references section like where it says title and referee. HELP PLEASE!

For the title I put "Miss" basically how your teacher is addressed Mr, Ms etc. at least that's what I thought it meant...

Then Referee I just put my referee's full name.

I put my personal reference i.e my teacher in the employer section again as I was so confused on how to fill it out as I've been in education for the last 36 months and never been employed.
(edited 6 years ago)
For the title I put "Miss" basically how your teacher is addressed Mr, Ms etc. at least that's what I thought it meant...

Then Referee I just put my referee's full name.

I put my personal reference i.e my teacher in the employer section again as I was so confused on how to fill it out as I've been in education for the last 36 months and never been employed.

Yeah i'm in the same boat lol doesn't really give much help but hope its correct.
Original post by dreamweaver01
Yeah i'm in the same boat lol doesn't really give much help but hope its correct.

Tbh I think I filled some of the form wrong, even for the bank details, I put my local banks address instead of my address! I tried sending an enquiry to them but nobody responded on time so just went with my instinct.
(edited 6 years ago)
Tbh I think I filled some of the form wrong, even for the bank details, I put my local banks address instead of my address! I tried sending an enquiry to them but nobody responded on time so just went with my instinct.

Oh really?! Well I hope its okay as the deadlines were way too short, i mean i have till tomorrow but trying to do it all now so im not stressed about it.

Oh my gosh I thought it meant my banks address too, I googled it and copy and pasted it.
Oh my gosh I thought it meant my banks address too, I googled it and copy and pasted it.

I found out it was the correct thing to do after all, I went into panic mode for nothing :lol:
How many references did you all supply? I only put one reference (I basically put the same one for Personal reference and academic reference (Employer section)), slightly getting worried that this won't be sufficient.
Reply 98
How many references did you all supply? I only put one reference (I basically put the same one for Personal reference and academic reference (Employer section)), slightly getting worried that this won't be sufficient.

2. Im guessing that's fine if it covers the last 36 months

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
I just got an offer for the Newcastle programme, how long did it take for them to send you the red carpet link because I don't know how to accept my offer otherwise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending