The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Religious Studies Unit 3B & 4C RST3B/RST4C 19 & 27 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Did any of you answer the cosmological argument and atheism and postmodernism questions?
Original post by murmu
Did you answer the question on mystical expereices. If so how did you write your answer. I found the question to be good but very specific. Usually they give that and another part of the religious expereince topic to discuss.
I talked about william james and gave expmples of mystical experiences.
Hope thats eanough.

how were the A02

I did James' PINT and Happold's LUTE. My A02 was fine for rel exp but didn't like the psychology one!!
Original post by TSRdebater1453
Did any of you answer the cosmological argument and atheism and postmodernism questions?

I answered the cosmological-thought it was quite a nice set of questions-much better than last year, but the AO2 was weirdly worded...'unusable for religious belief' or something strange like that. How do you think it went?
Reply 23
Original post by DustToDust
I did James' PINT and Happold's LUTE. My A02 was fine for rel exp but didn't like the psychology one!!

i avioded the pychology question :frown: nor my strongest section
Original post by simonebx
I answered the cosmological-thought it was quite a nice set of questions-much better than last year, but the AO2 was weirdly worded...'unusable for religious belief' or something strange like that. How do you think it went?

I think the Questions we're good but my handwriting was a big issue.
*were

The unuable question was good too. I had issues with the 30 marker of the atheism and postmodernism unit but it was cool overall.

What are you aiming to get overall for your A levels?
Reply 26
*were

The unuable question was good too. I had issues with the 30 marker of the atheism and postmodernism unit but it was cool overall.

need an A* but will be satisfied with an A
what about you
Reply 27
for those writing the RST3B paper what topics are you thinking of selecting and lerning for the exam .
Is anyone going to learn Body, soul and personal identiy?
*were

Considering the lack of time we get to answer the questions, I'm sure your handwriting was fine-the examiners will have seen all sorts of writing! I need AAB but aiming for AAA or above which would be amazing! How about you?
Hi, for RST3B I'm doing Ontological Argument and the problem of evil. Does anyone have any predictions for either of these?
Reply 30
Original post by imidgley
Hi, for RST3B I'm doing Ontological Argument and the problem of evil. Does anyone have any predictions for either of these?

are you doing body soul and personal identity ?
I'm doing BSPI and evil
Original post by murmu
need an A* but will be satisfied with an A
what about you

Exact same situation, what course did you apply to for uni?
Reply 33
Exact same situation, what course did you apply to for uni?

dentistry
Reply 34
I think john Hick/ Responses to evil in thought process will come up and for onto either analysing the reasoning as present by anselm or faith and reason descartes/ understanding of onto as presented by anselm and descartes or existence as a predicate of god. What about everyone else, what do u guys think will come up?
Original post by S.xxo
I think john Hick/ Responses to evil in thought process will come up and for onto either analysing the reasoning as present by anselm or faith and reason descartes/ understanding of onto as presented by anselm and descartes or existence as a predicate of god. What about everyone else, what do u guys think will come up?

Yeah I think potentially another objection might come up for the 30 marker on OA or something to do with the role of faith and reason
For POE I think process thought or something about Augustine
Reply 36
Original post by hello1404
Yeah I think potentially another objection might come up for the 30 marker on OA or something to do with the role of faith and reason
For POE I think process thought or something about Augustine

I highly doubt it will be an objection question. Are you making your prediction from past papers or just guessing?
Is there an RST3A thread??
Original post by angusmuir
Is there an RST3A thread??

Probably, Search results here - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?query=AQA++RST3A
This thread focuses on RST3B - Philosphy of Religion and RST4C - Religious Authority, Moral Decision-making and Understand Scripture

Hope you find what you are looking for
Reply 39
Im doing ontological argument and problem of evil. How are you guys revising? I feel so unprepared, cant believe its monday :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending