The Student Room Group

Chance of getting into medicine.

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Erm
Reply 2
Apply carefully, I had the same problem for gcses and a levels. I ended up with similar gcses
Reply 3
Original post by Jkoo22
Apply carefully, I had the same problem for gcses and a levels. I ended up with similar gcses

I'm sorry can you explain it in more detail please?
Reply 4
Sorry, I mean't apply carefully to med schools that will accept your gcses, however most applicants have 5A*s+. Its why im considering grad route
Reply 5
Hey

To be honest, many medical schools are getting rid of their GCSE requirements. When I applied, only a few universities needed 5A+s but your predicted grades/AS grades need to be good.

Hope this helps
Reply 6
Original post by IXB124
Hey

To be honest, many medical schools are getting rid of their GCSE requirements. When I applied, only a few universities needed 5A+s but your predicted grades/AS grades need to be good.

Hope this helps

Hello, thank you so much for taking your time and replying. I was just wondering if you got in? Also, is it as hard as people say it is to get in?
Reply 7
Original post by Jkoo22
Sorry, I mean't apply carefully to med schools that will accept your gcses, however most applicants have 5A*s+. Its why im considering grad route

Oh ok, thanks for explaining that. By "grad route" do you mean entering Medicine with a foundation year?
Reply 8
Original post by IXB124
many medical schools are getting rid of their GCSE requirements.

Do you know why this is?
I'll take all the provisions I can get, but still it's a bit unlike them.
Reply 9
Original post by SyedHB
Do you know why this is?

probably either they feel the new system isn't very representative or because no ones actually finished the new style
Reply 10
Original post by Ozkes
Oh ok, thanks for explaining that. By "grad route" do you mean entering Medicine with a foundation year?

Grad route as in ding a degree first
Reply 11
Original post by Ozkes
Hello, thank you so much for taking your time and replying. I was just wondering if you got in? Also, is it as hard as people say it is to get in?

Luckily yes, I got offers from all the universities I applied to.

At first, I genuinely had doubts that I would not get accepted anywhere but I think you just have to give it your best shot. Don't let anyone tell you that you cant get in!

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by SyedHB
Do you know why this is?

Not sure to be honest but I think its because some students tend to excel in their a levels. But still make sure you get decent GCSE grades because it will definitely play in your favour.
Reply 13
Original post by IXB124
Luckily yes, I got offers from all the universities I applied to.

At first, I genuinely had doubts that I would not get accepted anywhere but I think you just have to give it your best shot. Don't let anyone tell you that you cant get in!

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask :smile:

Congratulations!! Many people tried to stop me from achieving my goal and try to put me down saying its "impossible" to get in with these GCSE grades but none of it seems to work, I am motivated in achieving my goal. I'm going to give it my best shot at the very least if I don't get into any of the universities, I wouldn't have any regrets of not trying my best although bare in mind that I can go overseas to study as my last option. If you don't mind (I'm just asking out of curiosity), can you tell me your GCSE grades and A-Level?
Reply 14
Original post by Ozkes
Congratulations!! Many people tried to stop me from achieving my goal and try to put me down saying its "impossible" to get in with these GCSE grades but none of it seems to work, I am motivated in achieving my goal. I'm going to give it my best shot at the very least if I don't get into any of the universities, I wouldn't have any regrets of not trying my best although bare in mind that I can go overseas to study as my last option. If you don't mind (I'm just asking out of curiosity), can you tell me your GCSE grades and A-Level?

Thank you :biggrin:

Check your pms.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending