The Student Room Group

OCR FSMQ Additional Maths - 20th June 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by sivthasan
Scanned it earlier this week. I covered up the working out with some terrible MS Paint work.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6JcJFFbkW9aWjlRdDRleTB1ekU

Thank you so much!! Good luck with the exam!
Original post by dx31
Thank you so much!! Good luck with the exam!

No problem. Good luck to you.
This is now my only exam left!
Original post by JammieDodger27
This is now my only exam left!

Same :smile:
About to get up and start some work on it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got the 2016 mark scheme for the fsmq paper? I seem to have lost the copy my teacher gave me :c
Well I did my first past paper since the awful one I did back in April.
As I was going through it I thought it was going awful, but I somehow scraped together 60 marks on my own (including some extremely stupid mistakes though so hopeful for higher on Tuesday). With a bit of prompting from my dad I got 78 (I'm totally not confident in my abilities to work out what to do despite being easily capable of the maths)

Two things I have learnt:
I really don't know my Suvat equations! Definitely needs to be rectified
Read the question to check you've used the right information! Hasn't been a problem throughout my GCSEs, but had problems like misreading diameter as radius and other simple mistakes I shouldn't be making at this stage.

Gonna try and get another couple of the more recent papers done on Monday and Tuesday morning to get more used to the questions, but I'm certainly a lot more positive than I was an hour ago!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
Has anyone got the 2016 mark scheme for the fsmq paper? I seem to have lost the copy my teacher gave me :c

I'll scan it for you tomorrow.

Do you reckon you could send one my way too?

Thanks
Reply 49
For Kinematics, I know you're meant to use SUVAT when its constant acceleration but sometimes you're supposed to use SUVAT and they dont mention anything about the acceleration being constant? how are you meant to know?
Original post by dx31
For Kinematics, I know you're meant to use SUVAT when its constant acceleration but sometimes you're supposed to use SUVAT and they dont mention anything about the acceleration being constant? how are you meant to know?

The only time that they'll give you something *without* constant acceleration is if they want you to integrate it to find the velocity. You can pretty much assume, unless you're given the function for acceleration, that it means constant acceleration.
Original post by dx31

The question normally says whether acceleration is constant or not, eg. it might say a vehicle accelerated at 2m/s for the first 5 seconds, then at 5m/s for the next 5. In this case, use integration.
Reply 52
Original post by mark252623
The only time that they'll give you something *without* constant acceleration is if they want you to integrate it to find the velocity. You can pretty much assume, unless you're given the function for acceleration, that it means constant acceleration.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 53
The question normally says whether acceleration is constant or not, eg. it might say a vehicle accelerated at 2m/s for the first 5 seconds, then at 5m/s for the next 5. In this case, use integration.

Thank youu
Original post by dx31

At gcse add maths, u have to assume that the acceleration is constant. You will never get a question where the acceleration is changing.

You can however get varied acceleration but they will mention it and gove u the formula for it.
Reply 55
Original post by Lemur14
I'll start :smile:
I'm @Lemur14
I'm studying the course with one hour a week after school (and a fair amount of homework)
We started the course in December in class, but it was moved after school because most the class weren't coping so now only a few of us do it
I believe my predicted grade is a B, although I'm personally hoping for an A, and we've never had any form of assessment on it so I think that was a pluck it from mid air grade lol (in fact, I think it might have even been set before we started the course)
We haven't done a mock yet. I might do myself one in February half term to see how I'm doing.
I love all the syllabus so far tbh. Synthetic division is pretty satisfying, as is trig graphs and many other things. Though my teacher said (after he'd taught us it) than you don't get marks for synthetic division in the exam which seems a little silly lol

Hi, I am gona fail this exam. I have it in 2 days
Original post by kish131

What makes you think you're gonna fail - is there anything you don't specifically understand?
Reply 57
Original post by kish131

You have time, just do as many past papers as you can!
Reply 58
Would the 2017 paper possibly be harder than the 2016? I mean 58% for an A, can you really go much lower than that
Original post by kish131

I felt like this yesterday. I did a few questions then attempted a past paper. The grade wasn't good, but the mark was a great improvement and I'm now feeling a lot more positive.
Past papers are definitely your friend!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending