The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GTHargs
Banks in the UK are restricted by a liquidity ratio, none yet exist.

However, there is the 8% Basel III capital ratio.

Original post by GTHargs
I don't necessarily think demographics is to blame, despite it being a very popular explanation in the academic spheres.. An ageing population means a shrinking workforce, which should translate into higher prices. In terms of the demand-side effects of an ageing population, despite low MPCs savings should still be recirculated as funds for investment. However, due to the fact that they are stuck in a liquidity trap and inflation expectations are so low, wages remain suppressed and firms are failing to invest. The workers need a wage rise, yet its hard to do. Ultimately, the BoJ has lost its credibility, monetary policy is basically ineffectual, they are in a debt-deflation spiral and fiscal policy is not doing enough to make up the difference. Helicopter money next?

Fair play mate. That's a good counter although I would'nt have had the time to discuss it lol. How you feeling for paper 3 + are you doing econ at uni?
Ive just looked through spec 2 again and could only find 2-3 challenging questions that require any thought?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I was just wondering if we had to use graphs at all in paper 3? I've scoured the mark scheme for the specimen paper 3 and can't find a single mention of ANY graphs to support our written answer, but I can easily think of places where they could be applied in both the 10, 15, and 25 mark question.

Considering how they explicitly talk about graphs in the mark schemes for papers 1 & 2, finding no mention of them in this mark scheme is a little odd!
Original post by citibankrec
Ive just looked through spec 2 again and could only find 2-3 challenging questions that require any thought?

Do you mean multiple choice?
Original post by bethipayne
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I was just wondering if we had to use graphs at all in paper 3? I've scoured the mark scheme for the specimen paper 3 and can't find a single mention of ANY graphs to support our written answer, but I can easily think of places where they could be applied in both the 10, 15, and 25 mark question.

Considering how they explicitly talk about graphs in the mark schemes for papers 1 & 2, finding no mention of them in this mark scheme is a little odd!

Yes, use graphs, they're there to help with your analysis and explanation and I believe count as application marks.
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/economics/AQA-71363-SQP.PDF

For the 25 marker which points you could put in for micro? The extracts dont really mention anything about micro.
For the 25 marker for spec 1 what were people's arguments out of curiosity? I really struggled with that one.
Original post by SWISH99
Do you mean multiple choice?

yeah the mcqs
Original post by citibankrec
yeah the mcqs

I I agree. Hopefully they're decent tomorrow as well
Original post by RG110man
Yes, use graphs, they're there to help with your analysis and explanation and I believe count as application marks.

Fab, thank you! Thought this might be the case, but the lack of explicit mention of them in the mark scheme just concerned me a little.
Do we have a choice of two questions?
Original post by Kajraj_14
Do we have a choice of two questions?

There is no choice :frown:
Original post by LouisB18
There is no choice :frown:

:frown: im so ****ed if micro questions come up
Original post by bethipayne
Fab, thank you! Thought this might be the case, but the lack of explicit mention of them in the mark scheme just concerned me a little.

It's a different style of paper tbh. My teacher made the point that we're given an awful lot of extract data and that's potentially going to make this paper a lot more "blagable" in the sense that as long as what you are saying is backed up by data you should be fine. Obviously the analysis has to be there too, but you get me..
Original post by Kajraj_14
:frown: im so ****ed if micro questions come up

I don't think the questions are either macro or micro, I think they are on both so you have to include both micro and macro elements in your answer :/
What did everybody points did you guys go with for essay 2 in section B on the macro paper?

It was the question about the balance of payment
Original post by JWKelly99
What did everybody points did you guys go with for essay 2 in section B on the macro paper?

Such a long time ago haha it was current account deficit? Right
Just talked about increasing taxes/reducing goverment spending
Currency manipulation
Supply side policies
For the 15 marker
Compartive advantage and deindustrilisation and then poorly explained the eu and exchange rates. Didn't right much :smile:

Focus on paper 3 dude !!! I'm sure whatever you wrote was good :smile:
whats the structure for 10 15 and 25 marker
Original post by JWKelly99

contractionary monetary, contractionary fiscal
depreciation, protectionism
supply side
Original post by physicsamor
Such a long time ago haha it was current account deficit? Right
Just talked about increasing taxes/reducing goverment spending
Currency manipulation
Supply side policies
For the 15 marker
Compartive advantage and deindustrilisation and then poorly explained the eu and exchange rates. Didn't right much :smile:

Focus on paper 3 dude !!! I'm sure whatever you wrote was good :smile:

What did you say for the currency manipulation?

And I am just curious about what everybody else wrote 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending