The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ARE U STUPIDD?? 'Having us non Muslims beleive otherwise' LOOOLL Isis have killed more Muslims than non Muslims. They kill Muslims, our brothers and sisters, everyday in the Middle East and u think we don't condemn themm??? U think that we should have to prove our selves to white people after the media end up sh itTing on us anyway and tarring us all with same brush. Lol gtfoh, we don't owe u anything, it's the kurds (also Muslims) who are doing the most against Isis anyway. We do owe our Muslim brothers and sisters who are being desensitised and disrespected by media our charity though

Original post by Dodgypirate
Like Maajid Nawaz stated we need to isolate the radical voices.

Mosques, like Didsbury mosque, need to show us they're 100% with us in the fight against radicalism. Having them host such despicable people leads us, non-Muslims, to believe otherwise.

They already have.

The KKK is virtually defunct.
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
The average muslim goes to the mosque once a week for less than 30 minutes, rest of the time they're living their life like you thinking about their day to day problems like you. You can say members of mosques shold do what you say and I agree but I'm afraid there really is very little the average muslim can do.

So what are you suggesting? We let it be?

The problem has been identified. It has nothing to do with "average" Muslims, it's certain mosques that, by allowing radical preachers to voice their hate, are fuelling the problem.

How do you propose we target these mosques and depose the radicals?
Reply 22
Original post by geniequeen48
How about y'all stop bombing innocent civilians in other countries like Syria which obviously angers isis members which want to do the same to this country for REVENGE--KEY WORD HERE. It comes both ways, and stop claiming the government is "accidentally" dropping bombs and killing HUGE numbers of innocent civilians. Sometimes it's not muslims that are the route of the problem yannoe. It's strange how Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and probably more countries are destroyed just for greed and desire (probably oil and money) when they want to "restore peace" (how ironic!) isn't it?

Muslims have tried all they can to avoid being slapped in the face on the streets to prove that they aren't associated with these hooligans, but for some reason "it's never enough".

I know after this some dude is gonna be "SO YOU SUPPORT ISIS HUH?" No you numpties.

This.
Original post by Ribbit1234
ARE U STUPIDD?? 'Having us non Muslims beleive otherwise' LOOOLL Isis have killed more Muslims than non Muslims. They kill Muslims, our brothers and sisters, everyday in the Middle East and u think we don't condemn themm??? U think that we should have to prove our selves to white people after the media end up sh itTing on us anyway and tarring us all with same brush. Lol gtfoh, we don't owe u anything, it's the kurds (also Muslims) who are doing the most against Isis anyway. We do owe our Muslim brothers and sisters who are being desensitised and disrespected by media our charity though

I never said you didn't condemn them, I said that condemning them isn't enough. We need to weed them out and isolate them.

I am aware that more Muslims are killed by ISIS, but that doesn't lessen the terrorist problem we have in the UK.

I respect each and every Muslim that speaks out against radical Islam - I praise them, even. But I want to see action against these particular mosques.
So what are you suggesting? We let it be?

The problem has been identified. It has nothing to do with "average" Muslims, it's certain mosques that, by allowing radical preachers to voice their hate, are fuelling the problem.

How do you propose we target these mosques and depose the radicals?

I didnt say we let it be, we musnt allow radical preachers to spew their bull and we must certainly block them and mosques which support them should be shut down, i just find the often repeated " muslims should do more" ridiculous, say your local church was molesting children, you only visit on sunday morning and have no clue about it but then it comes out in the news and people say you should have done more,doesnt make sense doesnt it?
A lot of the respondents here are entirely missing the point, so let me raise it again.

It's fantastic that so many Muslims and Islamic leaders are speaking against the vile radicalism that is sweeping the nation, but it is not enough. What has to be done, with the help of the many hundreds of mosques in the UK, is to weed out and isolate the few (e.g. Didsbury) that host radical preachers, who in turn encourage young muslims to carry out attacks.

Original post by glad-he-ate-her
I didnt say we let it be, we musnt allow radical preachers to spew their bull and we must certainly block them and mosques which support them should be shut down, i just find the often repeated " muslims should do more" ridiculous, say your local church was molesting children, you only visit on sunday morning and have no clue about it but then it comes out in the news and people say you should have done more,doesnt make sense doesnt it?

It's the Church's responsibility, not the Christians who attend the church.

That's my ****ing point. I'm not asking that Muslims across the country weed out the mosques, I'm asking that the leaders of the mosques speak out and take out the radical preachers.

For Heaven's sakes this is the title of the thread:

Mosques condemning radical Islamic terrorism, isn't enough.
(edited 6 years ago)
It's the Church's responsibility, not the Christians who attend the church.

That's my ****ing point. I'm not asking that Muslims across the country weed out the mosques, I'm asking that the leaders of the mosques speak out and take out the radical preachers.

There we go, wonderfully put!
And i agree
Now if most people could see this and stop assuming all muslims can magically fix things.
And How do u guys expect everyday Muslims to try and filter Isis supporters out? They're not gna be dumb enough to publicly announce it cuz they'll know they're gna get reported and get slandered for it.

If police and other intelligent services can't stop them (cuz they're on their watch list), and it's their job to do this, how do u expect normally everyday people and Muslims to detect what their gna do?

It's easy to say 'more needs to be done'. Everything u guya have mentioned already has already been done, u just dont hear about it cuz they don't show it on the news. U don't think mosques try and infiltrate them? U don't think mosques work with other agencies in case of any potential threats? U don't think Muslims have ever protested? U don't think Muslims have ever reported potential isis supporters? That Manchester bomber was reported by many Muslims.

U can't stop white supremacists from killing people when they've got their mind to it. Do u try and filter them out? More people need to come together, Muslims and non Muslims alike and work together to achieve results.
We all have to show we're in it together and will not let people like Isis divide us and cause mayhem instead of finger pointing at each other

I've already told you, and if you had bothered to read/watch Maajid Nawaz on LBC, you would have understood.

Isolate the radical Islamic preachers, stop them from speaking in your mosques and build strong intra and inter-community relations.

Original post by Mathemagicien
Yes, they should be allowed to let these speakers speak. But the media should stop overlooking this during their praise of imams and mosques.
Original post by Mathemagicien
But the media should stop overlooking this during their praise of imams and mosques.

Are LBC not part of the media then?
Sure it's a step in the right direction to eradicate radical Islamic terrorism, but it's a tiny one at that.

Mosques, particularly the one in Didsbury, which although expressed outrage and unequivocal condemnation of terrorism following the Manchester bombing, have failed to answer why so many radical preachers with Al Qaeda links were allowed to speak in the mosque. (There's a script of Maajid Nawaz's polemic in the link)

Applaud the mosque for standing up against ISIS, when they allow these *******s to speak?!

This is hypocrisy.

The anti-Semitism, anti-West, anti-gay, anti-apostate, anti-woman, anti-Liberal views these preachers have are the biggest danger to our communities and breed national and international Jihadists.

View my AMA on Ahmadi Muslims. We are not anti liberal/apostate and stuff like that.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4755912#primary_content
Didsbury mosque is an absolute joke. Disgusting.
Sure it's a step in the right direction to eradicate radical Islamic terrorism, but it's a tiny one at that.

Mosques, particularly the one in Didsbury, which although expressed outrage and unequivocal condemnation of terrorism following the Manchester bombing, have failed to answer why so many radical preachers with Al Qaeda links were allowed to speak in the mosque. (There's a script of Maajid Nawaz's polemic in the link)

Applaud the mosque for standing up against ISIS, when they allow these *******s to speak?!

This is hypocrisy.

The anti-Semitism, anti-West, anti-gay, anti-apostate, anti-woman, anti-Liberal views these preachers have are the biggest danger to our communities and breed national and international Jihadists.

Because to an extent the things they preach, some of the "moderates" at the mosques will agree with (e.g. homosexuality, unfriending non-Muslims) but probably subtle enough to not give hints that they want to blow something up.
Reply 33
A lot of the respondents here are entirely missing the point, so let me raise it again.

It's fantastic that so many Muslims and Islamic leaders are speaking against the vile radicalism that is sweeping the nation, but it is not enough. What has to be done, with the help of the many hundreds of mosques in the UK, is to weed out and isolate the few (e.g. Didsbury) that host radical preachers, who in turn encourage young muslims to carry out attacks.

You're right, many would agree that mosques in particular Saudi Arabian funded ones are problematic. There's an anti terror report that the govt are not keen on releasing as it points to Saudi Arabia. These leads to two issues with what you're proposing:

The tory government are too scared to do anything about Saudi Arabia and their links to terrorist and radical incitement. We are too closely tied with arms deals to do anything. Does that mean the tory govt are condoning and bystanders to terrorism? No, which leads on to my next point which is...

... Mosques aren't realistically as big an issue as outside right wingers like UKIP are making it out to be. For the level of indoctrination that is required to radicalise someone, a mosque isnt achieving that. These people operate in small communities that isolate themselves from moderate muslims that dont condone what they do. What needs to be done is up the power of security services and give them more security power and resources to pursue suspects and investigate them.

The underlying tone with your rhetoric is you're trying to link extremists with average muslims and mosques. My opinion on that is irrelevant, what's true however is that your proposal is yet another solution that will make people feel safe but wont actually solve our problems.
Original post by Ribbit1234
So what do u suggest exactly? Isis supporters and preachers are sick individuals who are filled with hatred. They're messed up. Why should the rest of the 99% be held accountable for them when they don't share the same views and hate them more than u do.

I'm guessing other Christians and churches should do something about KKK members too right?

It’s not 1% of people that believe in the literal form of Islam it’s just a small percentage who carry out its attacks.

There is pew research on these kind of things, perhaps you should go and look it up for a full picture.

Latest