The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JWKelly99
What did you say for the currency manipulation?

And I am just curious about what everybody else wrote 😂

It would devalue the curreny -> explained this then evaluated with j-curve and Marshall learner. That's literally why I chose to write about it xD I think I talked about cost push inflation as well if imports prices rised and applied it to the UK economy.
Original post by physicsamor
It would devalue the curreny -> explained this then evaluated with j-curve and Marshall learner. That's literally why I chose to write about it xD I think I talked about cost push inflation as well if imports prices rised and applied it to the UK economy.

whats the structure for 10 15 and 25 marker

Original post by Nuggetsarelife

10 mark I would compare similar to a 4 mark where you have to compare the data in the extract
3-4 points
15 marker like a 15 marker for micro/macro
Only you have to have micro and macro effects
25 marker - you are for or against pick one write why but you must include arguments as to why the other side would be justified. Use the data to support your evaluation. Write it like a 25 marker :smile: micro + macro effects
I think that's about right
Original post by FTSE420
Fair play mate. That's a good counter although I would'nt have had the time to discuss it lol. How you feeling for paper 3 + are you doing econ at uni?

Bit apprehensive due to lack of past papers, but just gunna trust my knowledge. I am banking on financial markets, no pun intended.

Yes, LSE - are you doing econ at uni?
Original post by Nuggetsarelife

10 Marker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlqCRVbE0mg
The 15 & 25 markers should be structured the same as in paper 1 & 2
Any predictions of what might come up? I'm thinking the housing crisis and or financial markets

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm worried as on section 2 essay B on the macro paper my mind went black for the 15 marker patterns of trade. I ended up writing this:In a recession means people spend less on imports and exports could increaseIn a boom there will be more Imports and less exportsBasically these cause pattern of tradeI wrote about something else which I can't remember but I was worried about these two as I'm not sure if they are completely irrelevant.What do you all think?
anyone ****ed for tomorrow
Can someone please provide me with the second specimen paper 3? If not then just the questions would do.
Original post by minaddy1
I'm worried as on section 2 essay B on the macro paper my mind went black for the 15 marker patterns of trade. I ended up writing this:In a recession means people spend less on imports and exports could increaseIn a boom there will be more Imports and less exportsBasically these cause pattern of tradeI wrote about something else which I can't remember but I was worried about these two as I'm not sure if they are completely irrelevant.What do you all think?
it's not wrong, but did you relate it to the UK?

Original post by luciferhf
anyone ****ed for tomorrow

Aren't we all haha

Original post by LouisB18
Can someone please provide me with the second specimen paper 3? If not then just the questions would do.

Here you go:
Original post by minaddy1

The first point about cyclical trade is ok as long as you explained it well enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LouisB18

Second set of specimen papers are attached below
Original post by Kitboy738
The first point about cyclical trade is ok as long as you explained it well enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

I explained everything well with the right knowledge I just wasn't sure if it was the actual answer they were Looking for as everyone else seemed to say something else
Would it be fair to say that NMW and globalisation/FDI won't come up since they were in the specimens?
Original post by SWISH99
Would it be fair to say that NMW and globalisation/FDI won't come up since they were in the specimens?

Most likely they won't.
Original post by himynameiskieran
Most likely they won't.

Does this also mean it is unlikely that big essay questions from paper 1 and 2 are likely to come up?

Paper 1 - Privatisation
Gender discrimination in labour market
Sugar tax, demerit goods & behavioural economics
Poverty ? idk last question

Paper 2 - Economic development and trade Deflation and monetary policy
Unemployment Fiscal policy and taxes
Current account balance of payments

Paper 3 .. Maybe .. Financial markets, exchange rates .. Trade unions, oligopoly, contestable markets uhhh Protectionism, Supply side policies, Growth?
Original post by steph_diep
Does this also mean it is unlikely that big essay questions from paper 1 and 2 are likely to come up?

Paper 1 - Privatisation
Gender discrimination in labour market
Sugar tax, demerit goods & behavioural economics
Poverty ? idk last question

Paper 2 - Economic development and trade Deflation and monetary policy
Unemployment Fiscal policy and taxes
Current account balance of payments

Paper 3 .. Maybe .. Financial markets, exchange rates .. Trade unions, oligopoly, contestable markets uhhh Protectionism, Supply side policies, Growth?

Environmental Market failures? I would actually be happy if that came up :smile:
The answer is C but does anyimage.jpgone know how to get to this answer?
Original post by steph_diep
The answer is C but does anyimage.jpgone know how to get to this answer?

((120x2)+(90x1))/3

Price index of x times by weight plus prices index of good y all divided by the sum of weights.
Original post by GGHarambe
((120x2)+(90x1))/3

Price index of x times by weight plus prices index of good y all divided by the sum of weights.

Have you done this one? I got 11.111..% which isn't one of the options
q27.png

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending