The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Ask Us Anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi Livged_8 :hello:

I have checked this out with Admissions for you and they have said that while the University recognises the value of skills developed in the Extended Project, it does not form part of any offer issued. However, it may be taken into consideration in borderline cases in August in lieu of an additional AS-level.

Also when I have the unconditional offer information for you I'll let you know!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Awesome thank you so much!
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Hi, could you tell me what the expected intake of psyhcology students for 2017/2018 is please?
Original post by Livged_8
Awesome thank you so much!

Good morning Livged_8,

I have received the followed info regarding unconditional offers:

The University does not make unconditional offers to applicants who have not yet completed their A-levels. However, it may be possible to exercise some flexibility in August, after the publication of results, for those who have fallen slightly below the conditions of their offer, depending on places available and grades achieved in any relevant subjects.

Hope this helps!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Nicolle W
Hi, could you tell me what the expected intake of psyhcology students for 2017/2018 is please?

Hi there Nicolle W,

I'm just checking this out and will get back to you when I have the figure. :vroam:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Reply 164
Hi.I'm finishing up my Level 3 Btec extended diploma in IT and I have a conditional offer for computer where I need to get 10 distinctions and 8 merits. My overall marks will only be 10D's and 80's but other students that becuase I'm not getting grades over my offer there is a chance I will be declined even. I know it seems like a dumb question but I'm just looking to feel positive towards results day
Hi!

I have a question regarding the Vice-Chancellor's International Attainment Scholarship - Postgraduate (Taught). When I applied, the email said successful candidates would be contacted by June 15 at the latest. So since the 15 is this Thursday, I was wondering if that has happened already and they have been informed or if there is still hope :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by Nicolle W

Hello again Nicolle W :hello:

The target for 2017/18 has not yet been finalised but there were 140 places available in 2016.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Weth001
Hi.I'm finishing up my Level 3 Btec extended diploma in IT and I have a conditional offer for computer where I need to get 10 distinctions and 8 merits. My overall marks will only be 10D's and 80's but other students that becuase I'm not getting grades over my offer there is a chance I will be declined even. I know it seems like a dumb question but I'm just looking to feel positive towards results day

Hi there Weth001,

As long as you meet the conditions of your offer then your place is guaranteed so please try not to worry!

Good luck!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by andreaferrer
Hi!

I have a question regarding the Vice-Chancellor's International Attainment Scholarship - Postgraduate (Taught). When I applied, the email said successful candidates would be contacted by June 15 at the latest. So since the 15 is this Thursday, I was wondering if that has happened already and they have been informed or if there is still hope :smile:

Thank you!

Hi Andrea,

The decision has been delayed slightly and will now be announced at some stage on the week beginning 19th June.

Keep crossing those fingers! :crossedf:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi Andrea,

The decision has been delayed slightly and will now be announced at some stage on the week beginning 19th June.

Keep crossing those fingers! :crossedf:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Hi, Kachela!

Thank you for the quick reply! I can now start rationing my anxiety to make it last an extra week :u: Will there be any place online where the winners are announced? Since I have to make decisions dependent upon winnng it or not and unsuccessful candidates don't get notified, it's difficult.

And yes, I'll definitely be crossing my fingers, my toes and even my hair (which is known as braiding).

Thank you again! :smile:
Andrea.
Original post by andreaferrer
Hi, Kachela!

Thank you for the quick reply! I can now start rationing my anxiety to make it last an extra week :u: Will there be any place online where the winners are announced? Since I have to make decisions dependent upon winnng it or not and unsuccessful candidates don't get notified, it's difficult.

And yes, I'll definitely be crossing my fingers, my toes and even my hair (which is known as braiding).

Thank you again! :smile:
Andrea.

Hi Andrea,

As far as I'm aware the winners will be contacted directly but if you haven't heard anything by this stage next week let me know and I can check if the announcement has been made for you.

:goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Reply 171
Hi,
I received my results for my Access course and I got 70% which is what I needed to fulfil my conditional offer to get into Psychology. What do I need to do now? My tutors will be sending copies of my results in the next few weeks, will I get an official acceptance letter soon after the admissions office receives my results or will I have to wait until August?
Many thanks!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by massine
Hi,
I received my results for my Access course and I got 70% which is what I needed to fulfil my conditional offer to get into Psychology. What do I need to do now? My tutors will be sending copies of my results in the next few weeks, will I get an official acceptance letter soon after the admissions office receives my results or will I have to wait until August?
Many thanks!

Hi massine,

First of all congratulations! :clap2:

The next step is to forward a copy of your results to the Admissions and Access Service by either scanning and emailing the certificate or sending a photocopy via post. Verification of results is done on an ongoing basis and confirmation will be forwarded to you via your UCAS Track as soon as a decision has been processed.

Admissions and Access Service
Lanyon North
Belfast
BT7 1NN
Tel: (+44) (0)28 9097 3838
Fax: (+44) (0)28 9097 5151
Email: [email protected] www: www.qub.ac.uk/ado

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi,

I have accepted QUB as my firm option. Unfortunately last year I thought I was not going to get this place and I am in a very awkward position cause my sister is getting married in Florida and I bought the tickets well in advance therefore I will be missing classes from the 1st of september till the 12th of September 8 days in total. Many people have told me that I won't have any problems but I want a confirmation of this from QUB plus I do not want to loose my loan cause I am not in Uni the first day of school.

Could you please give me some advise on this?

Thank you.
Original post by totalrepair
Hi,

I have accepted QUB as my firm option. Unfortunately last year I thought I was not going to get this place and I am in a very awkward position cause my sister is getting married in Florida and I bought the tickets well in advance therefore I will be missing classes from the 1st of september till the 12th of September 8 days in total. Many people have told me that I won't have any problems but I want a confirmation of this from QUB plus I do not want to loose my loan cause I am not in Uni the first day of school.

Could you please give me some advise on this?

Thank you.

Hi totalrepair :hello:

The academic year is due to begin on Monday 18th September with Welcome Week for our 1st year students. You can read more about semester dates here.

Are you due to start an undergraduate course?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Reply 175
Hi there,

I need to send some photocopies of documents such as passport and driving licence for my enhanced disclosure certificate to Admissions and Access Service - can this be done by email or does it have to be done by post?

Thank you!
Hi there,
I know you haven't received any queries like this on the thread but I firmed my offer for psychology way back in November and I finished my A levels on Thursday past. I adore the subject and I love Queen's, it would be a dream if I got accepted in August. But since November I've had a rough patch as my granny passed away in February and I took a week off school. When I did my A levels this month I felt they went well but I had crippling exam anxiety the whole time worrying about meeting the grades. I was just wondering if any of this is taken into consideration on results day if it turned out I didn't do as well as I'd hoped?

Thank you so much for your time.
Original post by bura94
Hi there,

I need to send some photocopies of documents such as passport and driving licence for my enhanced disclosure certificate to Admissions and Access Service - can this be done by email or does it have to be done by post?

Thank you!

Hi there bura94,

I've checked with admissions for you and they have asked that you contact them directly as they need to know what course etc. you have applied for. If you email them at [email protected] or call them on +44 (0)28 9097 38338 they will be able to advise you on how best to forward your documents.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by romaobrien
Hi there,
I know you haven't received any queries like this on the thread but I firmed my offer for psychology way back in November and I finished my A levels on Thursday past. I adore the subject and I love Queen's, it would be a dream if I got accepted in August. But since November I've had a rough patch as my granny passed away in February and I took a week off school. When I did my A levels this month I felt they went well but I had crippling exam anxiety the whole time worrying about meeting the grades. I was just wondering if any of this is taken into consideration on results day if it turned out I didn't do as well as I'd hoped?

Thank you so much for your time.

Hi romaobrien :hello:

Entry onto courses is always dependent on a number of factors which differ year on year, such as demand for places and people meeting the conditions on their offers etc.

You can read more about how students for the Psychology course are chosen here. It might be best to give our Admissions office a call and chat through your options. You can contact them on 028 9097 3838 or email [email protected].

And the chances are that you have probably done amazingly well! I know it is easier said than done, but try not to worry just yet and enjoy your summer holidays.

If things don't work out as expected, you will always have options such as clearing which you can register for here.

Wishing you the very best of luck for results day! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hello,

I got my report saying all grades that have been sent to the Pearson how long does it take for CO become a UC offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending