The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michiyo
Are you a communist, though? :teehee:

he's more of a dictator than a communist :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Michiyo
Are you a communist, though? :teehee:

I'm not, I'm very anti-Communism to be honest.
Original post by wolfmoon88

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, but since she mentioned Russian history from 1924 to 1991, I was just checking :ahee:

Original post by Valyrian
I'm not, I'm very anti-Communism to be honest.

Good, because I am the same! :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's a beautiful dictator in a pseduo-democratic world :h:

Original post by Michiyo
I know, but since she mentioned Russian history from 1924 to 1991, I was just checking :ahee:

Good, because I am the same! :five:

Haha, how is the government/politics in Romania?

Everyone hates the government by default and all the parties suck so much I did not even vote in December, when we had the elections :biggrin:
Original post by Michiyo
Everyone hates the government by default and all the parties suck so much I did not even vote in December, when we had the elections :biggrin:

You should never not vote :frown:

He's a beautiful dictator in a pseduo-democratic world :h:

:rofl: :rofl:
Original post by Michiyo

Do you think there's much electoral apathy in comparison to the UK by young voters (18 - 25 )
You should never not vote :frown:

What am I supposed to do if everyone sucks so much that there would be no difference if any of them came to power, then? :s-smilie: There was no lesser of multiple evils.

Do you think there's much electoral apathy in comparison to the UK by young voters (18 - 25 )

Yes. Both apathy and ignorance in regards to politics is rampant. Not even I know all the parties that exist in Romania and a lot of people are under the impression that we operate under FPTP (we do not; we operate under the party list system and only use FPTP for presidential elections :erm: ).
Original post by Michiyo

Yes. Both apathy and ignorance in regards to politics is rampant. Not even I know all the parties that exist in Romania and a lot of people are under the impression that we operate under FPTP (we do not; we operate under the party list system and only use FPTP for presidential elections :erm: ).

Do you reckon that the implementation of political awareness in the education system would make a great deal of difference or not really?
Do you reckon that the implementation of political awareness in the education system would make a great deal of difference or not really?

To an extent.

Youth in general could not care less about politics. Even if we studied about it, chances are most people would just learn that the basics (see the electoral system point mentioned in my previous point) and not care about it. Kind of how GCSE Citizenship students are like when that GCSE is compulsory (in my secondary school, it was compulsory, but I did not do it because I am not a British citizen). A few might become more interested in politics, but overall, I feel as if it will only make a marginal difference, and that difference will mostly show in general knowledge, with just a slight increase in the number of young people voting.

This makes me question if spending so much on increasing political awareness in schools would be worth it.
Original post by Michiyo
What am I supposed to do if everyone sucks so much that there would be no difference if any of them came to power, then? :s-smilie: There was no lesser of multiple evils.

:frown: not exercising the vote is not great for democracy though :/

(In some countries, they make you vote or you lose your passport :yep:)
all those who think I'm a cheese-brained git, say "aye"!
:frown: not exercising the vote is not great for democracy though :/

(In some countries, they make you vote or you lose your passport :yep:)

I do not care how bad it is for democracy if I have no one to vote for. Having no one to vote for is worse for democracy than not voting, so if there are no options, I might as well choose no one; it is not the lack of vote that ruins democracy in this case, but the lack of options. I would vote if I had a party to vote for, but I am not that lucky :frown:

Is that Australia? :laugh:
Hi
Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334
all those who think I'm a cheese-brained git, say "aye"!

Aye! 🤣
Original post by ClearSky
Aye! 🤣

Can you explain why?
Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334
Can you explain why?

No, because I was only joking looool I'm sorry 😐
*Death Note opening 1*
Original post by Michiyo
I do not care how bad it is for democracy if I have no one to vote for. Having no one to vote for is worse for democracy than not voting, so if there are no options, I might as well choose no one; it is not the lack of vote that ruins democracy in this case, but the lack of options. I would vote if I had a party to vote for, but I am not that lucky :frown:

Is that Australia? :laugh:

A write-in vote for Kermit the Frog is better than no vote at all :frown: :sadnod:

idk about Australia but was talking about a lot of Latin American countries (not that it matters anyways because corruption is sometimes rampant. :/)
A write-in vote for Kermit the Frog is better than no vote at all :frown: :sadnod:

idk about Australia but was talking about a lot of Latin American countries (not that it matters anyways because corruption is sometimes rampant. :/)

How? :rofl:

Australia has compulsory voting, as far as I know, that is why I said Australia :lol:

*flashback to how communists imposed their regime in Romania* :moon: :angry:

Latest