The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Business Paper 2 (19th June)

How is everyone feeling about the second paper?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you doing new spec (2015) ?
Original post by samuel9
how is everyone feeling about the second paper?

******** bricks mate
Reply 3
Original post by sabu1999
Are you doing new spec (2015) ?

Yeah thisis the first yar of it being introduced i believe. My exam board is AQA
Anyone know the kinda content thats gonna come up? i know its data analysis so which formulae & info do we need to know?
basically, everything to do with finance really.
Are you sure it's only/mainly finance?
Reply 7
Finance is mainly for the first case study in paper 2. This is where all the maths type questions could come up and saying that, there shouldn't be that many. Maybe a couple. Any topic could come up but I reckon there could be a focus around International Business and Digital business, as well as growth. This is just a guess. Like I said anything could come up!
Original post by zc555
Finance is mainly for the first case study in paper 2. This is where all the maths type questions could come up and saying that, there shouldn't be that many. Maybe a couple. Any topic could come up but I reckon there could be a focus around International Business and Digital business, as well as growth. This is just a guess. Like I said anything could come up!

how many formulas have you learnt
Reply 9
Original post by hamzah789
how many formulas have you learnt

All the Efficiency, profitability, liquidity and gearing ratios. I need to learn the AS though, find it harder to remember them for some reason :/
Original post by zc555

Who knows, digital came up on paper 1 as well.
Original post by zc555
All the Efficiency, profitability, liquidity and gearing ratios. I need to learn the AS though, find it harder to remember them for some reason :/

One of my lecturers assumes culture will come up, (Handy, Kottler) and Quality too, with most likely a focus on internationalism. Finance as in ratio analysis?
Hi, has anyone got like top tips to remember when answering the longer answer questions like 16 or 20 markers? Thanks
Original post by cmcdonald
Hi, has anyone got like top tips to remember when answering the longer answer questions like 16 or 20 markers? Thanks

The best tip I can give is make sure you apply, analyse and evaluate throughout your answer. Unlike the old spec, this spec uses holistic marking, and so the answer as a whole is marked rather than giving you marks as they go along. Therefore, don't get carried away with anything above 16 markers - they don't need any more than 2 paragraphs (one either side) and a balanced conclusion. Any more than that, you risk dragging your whole answer down because of a paragraph which might not be as good as the other two. :smile:
Reply 14
Should we read the case study first and then answer the question, or read the question and then read the case study so we pick out relevant content?
Original post by LGBTvoice
The best tip I can give is make sure you apply, analyse and evaluate throughout your answer. Unlike the old spec, this spec uses holistic marking, and so the answer as a whole is marked rather than giving you marks as they go along. Therefore, don't get carried away with anything above 16 markers - they don't need any more than 2 paragraphs (one either side) and a balanced conclusion. Any more than that, you risk dragging your whole answer down because of a paragraph which might not be as good as the other two. :smile:

Thank you! How many paragraphs do you recommend for a 9,12 and 20 marker?
Original post by cmcdonald
Thank you! How many paragraphs do you recommend for a 9,12 and 20 marker?

2 paragraphs for 9 and 12 markers - NO evaluation needed.

2 paragraphs for 16, 20, 24 and 25 markers WITH a balanced conclusion at the end :smile:
Original post by Much118
Should we read the case study first and then answer the question, or read the question and then read the case study so we pick out relevant content?

I'll be reading the questions first before the case study. Timing is harsh enough in this exam without the need for reading the case to get a "feel" for it.
Does anyone have any predictions for the calculations at the start?
Reply 19
Original post by kianwoodhead11
Does anyone have any predictions for the calculations at the start?

I would say it could be a % change or maybe some form of ratio analysis but tbf it can be anything they just seem likely imo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending