The Student Room Group

What has been your easiest/hardest exam so far?

I have had 5 exams so far (Maths and Further Maths AS) with D2 still to go on Friday.

Easiest to hardest for me:
C1
S1/D1
FP1
C2 :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Easiest - psychology
Hardest - Biology fml
Reply 2
easiest - m1
hardest - m2 :'(
Original post by Zozaaaa
Easiest - psychology
Hardest - Biology fml

Biology was always my hardest science, I hope it goes okay in the summer :frown:
Original post by Isaac_VB
easiest - m1
hardest - m2 :'(

I haven't done mechanics yet, but apparently it's harder in maths than in physics...
Reply 5
Keeping it generalised, I can say that my Further Maths exams have been the hardest and the Chemistry exams have been the easiest. I've still got to do the Core Maths exams but those should be p*ss easy because I've done them before
Easiest - c2
Hardest - econ paper 2
Original post by Ash8991
Keeping it generalised, I can say that my Further Maths exams have been the hardest and the Chemistry exams have been the easiest. I've still got to do the Core Maths exams but those should be p*ss easy because I've done them before

That's interesting, especially considering that this year was the first year that the new spec got examined, right? Further Maths is just difficult :frown:

Good luck for core!
Original post by physicsamor
Easiest - c2
Hardest - econ paper 2

What kind of stuff do you get examined on in econ? I've never done it :smile:
Easiest to Hardest

Edexcel Economics Paper 2
Edexcel Business Paper 1
AQA Law03
Edexcel Economics Paper 1
AQA Law04

I haven't found anything particularly hard yet. But Law04 gave us 6 aspects in one question that must be established in 30 minutes and we usually get 4 max. This meant I ****ed up writing the right question numbers on extra paper because i ran out of time. So that's my A* out the window and hello B grade all because I wrote question 2 instead of question 1 :s-smilie:
(edited 6 years ago)
Hardest: Biology paper 1, although I'm sure that will change since I have paper 2 and 3 still to go!

Easiest: Geography unit 4 - I had my answer planned and rehearsed a million times before I went in, it was just about recalling what I'd already planned :h:
Original post by Amefish
Hardest: Biology paper 1, although I'm sure that will change since I have paper 2 and 3 still to go!

Easiest: Geography unit 4 - I had my answer planned and rehearsed a million times before I went in, it was just about recalling what I'd already planned :h:

I'm dreading paper 2 and 3, do you feel ready for tuesdays exam?
Original post by Zozaaaa
I'm dreading paper 2 and 3, do you feel ready for tuesdays exam?

Not really, it's so hot today I can't really concentrate! I have two exams on Tuesday too, and I have to revise for both. I think the main things I have left to revise are gene amplification, recombinant DNA, respiration and muscle contraction. How are you feeling about it?
Original post by Amefish
Not really, it's so hot today I can't really concentrate! I have two exams on Tuesday too, and I have to revise for both. I think the main things I have left to revise are gene amplification, recombinant DNA, respiration and muscle contraction. How are you feeling about it?

Awful... going through the whole spec today and I've just got onto genetics. I hate the last module with Genetic fingerprinting etc its just so boring and difficult. Honestly cant wait to finish biology
Original post by mrbr2671999
Easiest to Hardest

Edexcel Economics Paper 2
Edexcel Business Paper 1
AQA Law03
Edexcel Economics Paper 1
AQA Law04

I haven't found anything particularly hard yet. But Law04 gave us 6 aspects in one question that must be established in 30 minutes and we usually get 4 max. This meant I ****ed up writing the right question numbers on extra paper because i ran out of time. So that's my A* out the window and hello B grade all because I wrote question 2 instead of question 1 :s-smilie:

Wow, that sounds rough. Hope everything goes okay :redface:
Original post by Zozaaaa
Awful... going through the whole spec today and I've just got onto genetics. I hate the last module with Genetic fingerprinting etc its just so boring and difficult. Honestly cant wait to finish biology

You've done almost the whole spec today?! I wish I had that motivation! I think the last module is not bad it's just got a lot of content in it.
Original post by Amefish

It sounds like biology wasn't a very good paper in general...
Good luck with 2 and 3!

Haha nice. Wish I could do that :frown:
Original post by computernerd1001
Wow, that sounds rough. Hope everything goes okay :redface:

Thanks me too, hopefully AQA will be generous :h:
Original post by mrbr2671999
Thanks me too, hopefully AQA will be generous :h:

Fingers crossed :biggrin:
Original post by Amefish
You've done almost the whole spec today?! I wish I had that motivation! I think the last module is not bad it's just got a lot of content in it.

Been up since half 8, im so tired

Quick Reply

Latest