The Student Room Group

Do you reckon grade boundaries will be a lot higher for Linear A levels 2017?

I haven't heard anyone who's said that they've struggled with any exam paper so far. I also haven't found anything particularly ' struggling' so it worries me that the grade boundaries will be increased and that actually my grade will be not so good
Original post by ambermariemorgan
I haven't heard anyone who's said that they've struggled with any exam paper so far. I also haven't found anything particularly ' struggling' so it worries me that the grade boundaries will be increased and that actually my grade will be not so good

I'm really hoping the grade boundaries will be lower, as obviously it's based on two years of content and more ability to makes mistakes, whereas the previous years have had the support of there AS and could retake it
Reply 2
I haven't heard anyone who's said that they've struggled with any exam paper so far

read: OCR Biology, AQA Physics
Hopefully because it's the first year the grade boundaries will be lower, they weren't too high for last year (AS) as far as i can recall
The exam boards want to make it seem like the new system is working so if everyone failed because the grade boundaries were too high i suppose questions would be asked
Plus it's harder as people have already said because no retakes or modules and 2 years worth of knowledge
fingers crossed :crossedf:
Economics and Business for edexcel have been standard questions. No ones really been tested on any challenging topics. So like you I do think they will be a lot higher than AS
Biology exams say otherwise lmao
I guess it depends on the subject, but I just found a government article saying that every time a new system is introduced the first year always tends to do badly, so it could be suggestive that the grade boundaries will be lower to gain the normal range of grades.
No idea, I hope economics is low because I've had a few problems with revision and the actual exam :frown:
Also does anyone know whether the grade boundaries are usually roughly the same for AS grades marking for A-E or do they usually go up at A2?
Original post by pixiejoanna
Also does anyone know whether the grade boundaries are usually roughly the same for AS grades marking for A-E or do they usually go up at A2?

Usually a few marks higher because A2 work is based on some AS content.
Original post by mrbr2671999
Usually a few marks higher because A2 work is based on some AS content.

Tysm!!
Oh god I hope not- especially because linear exams have new specs, and it all counts in one year...

I just want to get into university.... :redface:

Lmao who the hell have you been asking?
Many people struggled and also remember people will act like they did better than they did and agree with answers even if they didnt write them.
Yep to be honest the majority of the people I have spoken to have struggled,so fingers crossed boundaries will be lower 🤞🏻 Also this article was what I found useful, and notions that the first year of a new system always tends to get worse results than the preceding years 👍
https://ofqual.blog.gov.uk/2017/03/31/setting-a-in-the-new-a-levels/

Quick Reply

Latest