The Student Room Group

English Speaking Language Assessment

I have to do an English speaking assessment in under two weeks and I don't have a solid idea or subject to speak about-indecisive me. Does anybody have a good subject that worked for them or something interesting to talk about? would be helpful thanks..
Original post by sanibonani
I have to do an English speaking assessment in under two weeks and I don't have a solid idea or subject to speak about-indecisive me. Does anybody have a good subject that worked for them or something interesting to talk about? would be helpful thanks..

football, you can just bullsh*t i know some man in my year who got a Distinction when everything they said was bull

Try and do a topic that is unique to you and something the examiner will not have heard before - it will be more interesting for both of you that way. For my speaking assessment, i did it on ovarian cryopreservation but that was only because I went to a lecture on it about a week beforehand. It's a unique topic and if you feel strongly about it, you can't really go wrong :smile:
Doesn't it mean nothing now?
What exam board are you doing, I got an 8, and felt good for like 5 seconds, cuz it means nothing to the overall gcse
Original post by Sanjith Hegde123
What exam board are you doing, I got an 8, and felt good for like 5 seconds, cuz it means nothing to the overall gcse

I'm doing Language on AQA and yeah its kind of pointless for your GCSE (so long as you pass it) but employers and unis like it if you have a distinction as it shows you have a desirable quality that may be of benefit to them.
I did mine on Mental Health revolving around ethnic minorities whilst my friend did his on a character exploration on one of the characters in Macbeth, and another did it on advantages and disadvantages of Brexit. To be honest, do something that interests you because it'll be really apparent on camera that you're invested in the topic.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do well :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by saharan_skies
I did mine on Mental Health revolving around ethnic minorities whilst my friend did his on a character exploration on one of the characters in Macbeth, and another did it on advantages and disadvantages of Brexit. To be honest, do something that interests you because it'll be really apparent on camera that you're invested in the topic.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do well :smile:

i just guess its lack of motivation, i did have a rough idea of first/third world problems and the differences in western/eastern society but i'm not sure what i would say so i'm looking for a less complicated topic. thanks anyways!
Reply 7

its AQA, we get like merits and distinctions
its AQA, we get like merits and distinctions

Oh im part of the first year that did the new spec, and we got the 1-9 system...
Tbh you cant fail it for attempting it, thats what my teacher said you can literally talk about poo and you'll still pass lmao
Reply 10
Oh im part of the first year that did the new spec, and we got the 1-9 system...

yah im doing the 9-1 spec but that's the grading system- there aren't any marks awarded
yah im doing the 9-1 spec but that's the grading system- there aren't any marks awarded

Oh yeah your right, at my school they used an equivalency, I do remember it saying distinction on my english card.
I did mine a couple of months ago (before our exams started!). Im also indecisive so chose to do mine on a topic which i find prevalent. I chose feminism and why it is still needed (full title read 'the f-word: why feminism is still fundamental') as i knew i would speak passionately and at great length/uave no trouble looking for interesting points. If you need any ideas pm me but try to think of something that interests you or maybe is in the news at the moment or has been recently

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending