The Student Room Group

Should I just wing C4?

Hey

I'm doing edexcel so C3 & C4 this week. I've been revising a lot of C3 the past few weeks hoping to get a solid B in this exam. In terms of C4 I basically almost no nothing except Partial Fractions & some simple integration.

I've seen some of the unofficial mark schemes and I believe so far I have around:
C1: 66-67 marks
C2: 60-62 marks
S1: 50-52 marks
M1: 52-54 marks
C3: 56-58 marks (predicted based on past papers average)
C4: 30 marks (no idea tbh but I don't see myself getting lower than that)

I feel like whatever happens I would still come out with a C so is there much point stressing over C4 after my C3 exam and putting all my effort into it 2 days before the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

C4 will be the death of me too I am relying on c3 and my resits to still get a B overall.

Do you have other exams this week? I would really recommend just learning integration it'll be worth it.

You should be able to do binomial expansion as well?

Some vectors should be alright because of mechanics

Implicit differentiation isn't that hard to learn
I think you should try and just do a few questions from topics you don't know :smile:
Something that might help is to open a few C4 past papers with model answers from Physics and Maths Tutor and copy out the processes. It won't make you a C4 genius, but you might pick up a few tricks that can give you a few more marks than if you didn't. Also you might as well watch a few videos from Exam solutions if you really don't get the solution to a type of question.
Try doing some international past papers- they contain questions from C3 and C4. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by physicsamor
C4 will be the death of me too I am relying on c3 and my resits to still get a B overall.

Do you have other exams this week? I would really recommend just learning integration it'll be worth it.

You should be able to do binomial expansion as well?

Some vectors should be alright because of mechanics

Implicit differentiation isn't that hard to learn
I think you should try and just do a few questions from topics you don't know :smile:

Oh yeah, I can do binomial expansion. I can barely remember the topics 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by boriapple
Something that might help is to open a few C4 past papers with model answers from Physics and Maths Tutor and copy out the processes. It won't make you a C4 genius, but you might pick up a few tricks that can give you a few more marks than if you didn't. Also you might as well watch a few videos from Exam solutions if you really don't get the solution to a type of question.

This seems to be my best hope, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bhfn
Oh yeah, I can do binomial expansion. I can barely remember the topics 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so scared for this exam I've hardly done any papers compared to c3. I think you know more than you may think :biggrin: good luck
Original post by boriapple

If you mean with the solutions by arsey quite often he does his own creative solution or one that is hard to follow especially if you are like OP and have a limited idea of how to do the questions anyway :redface:

OP I'd say try to smash out questions from the first 4 chapters. Vectors you can scrape atleast half the marks and integration you can scrape a few too. Can get you like 40+/75. Just revise from the textbook and try the past exam questions and you should hopefully get them. If not ask for help. No reason to get a C when you can do better tbh
Original post by pereira325
If you mean with the solutions by arsey quite often he does his own creative solution or one that is hard to follow especially if you are like OP and have a limited idea of how to do the questions anyway :redface:

OP I'd say try to smash out questions from the first 4 chapters. Vectors you can scrape atleast half the marks and integration you can scrape a few too. Can get you like 40+/75. Just revise from the textbook and try the past exam questions and you should hopefully get them. If not ask for help. No reason to get a C when you can do better tbh

Well, there are also video worked solutions for past papers on Examsolutions.
I'm so scared for this exam I've hardly done any papers compared to c3. I think you know more than you may think :biggrin: good luck

same here Ettie
why are you always on every post I try to get away from you :tongue:
Original post by LeCroissant
Try doing some international past papers- they contain questions from C3 and C4. :smile:

eyy Lecroissant that is my line :tongue: .........hmph ......h8 you
Original post by ShadowSeeker
eyy Lecroissant that is my line :tongue: .........hmph ......h8 you

O really? I've never seen you say it before haha :tongue:
check the C1 C2 C3 C4 S1 M1 thread for edexcel and you will see im the one whom mention the IAL hehe:tongue:
I dont hate you mignon croissant its quite the ooposite XD
O really? I've never seen you say it before haha :tongue:
same here Ettie
why are you always on every post I try to get away from you :tongue:

I was here first m8 :tongue:
I was here first m8 :tongue:

hehe okie I ll leave you :tongue:
Go KFC they will help u wing C4
check the C1 C2 C3 C4 S1 M1 thread for edexcel and you will see im the one whom mention the IAL hehe:tongue:

Fair enough, poli shadow :tongue:
That's good to know :smile:

haha me being poli :tongue: not a raikaille?
I dont hate anyone :tongue: hate is a strong word :tongue:
c4 is not hard IMO, you're telling yourself that as a form of reassurance for your possible failure, you'll be surprised how inaccurate unofficial mark schemes are, you can get the correct answer and lose method marks . Try hard for c3 and c4, repetition is key, cover c4 then aim for 6+ papers, things start to click in place for me at that point and most people at my school around that for most subject papers.

Quick Reply

Latest