The Student Room Group

If you leave tear marks in your papers do they give more marks?

If you leave a trail of your tears on your exam papers will the examiner give you sympathy marks?

Scroll to see replies

They don't ;_:
Probably wouldn't be noticeable on the scan.
Original post by Popsiclez
If you leave a trail of your tears on your exam papers will the examiner give you sympathy marks?

Is this some kind of joke?

Didn't go too well then?
Reply 6
Original post by Emma:-)
Is this some kind of joke?

I wish it was I literally rubbed my eyes and wiped the water on some pages of my exams I tried my best to give it a runny texture so I get sympathy marks. Although I made sure it didnt obstruct my answers or was too messy
Reply 7

Wow. The things ppl do...
No- you won't get any looool
Reply 8
No, they will mark you down. It happened to a friend of mine, she got 46/60 on her physics last year, but she cried on it and they reduced it to 23/60.

Last year it was 50% mark reduction, I hear that this year it is 75% or possibly disqualification.
Original post by Rarest
No, they will mark you down. It happened to a friend of mine, she got 46/60 on her physics last year, but she cried on it and they reduced it to 23/60.

Last year it was 50% mark reduction, I hear that this year it is 75% or possibly disqualification.

sure they did
Reply 10
Original post by Reality Check
Didn't go too well then?

Hey you're an examiner aren't you, I saw you say so in another thread. How lenient are examiners have you ever given marks out of pity?
Reply 11
Original post by Paracosm
sure they did

It's true! Then she cried even more.

But jokes aside, do symapthy marks eve n exist?
Original post by Rarest

Yeah its their new policy of deducting little bisshhh marks

y'all gotta stop being littles bisshess
Hey you're an examiner aren't you, I saw you say so in another thread. How lenient are examiners have you ever given marks out of pity?

The examiners are heartless, if they see any sign of weakness - boom, instant E grade
Original post by Rarest

lmao, rep for the chuckle. :biggrin:
Reply 15
I placed them ever so discretely in the corner far away from the questions but not so much that it seemed forced..
I don't think sympathy marks exist lmao but this thread gave me a good laugh
Original post by Paracosm
sure they did

Where do you get all these amazing avatars from!! I love that new one.

I can only assume you're joking...
I placed them ever so discretely in the corner far away from the questions but not so much that it seemed forced..

Sympathy marks don't exist and if there are smudges on your paper then they might think that you spat all over your paper.

Quick Reply

Latest