The Student Room Group

Bad parent

i need advice, my father is a drug addict anyways, i need new school book for year 12 but my stupid excuse for a dad spent all the money that was supposed to be mine on drugs my mum dosent really care about education and is not encouraging what im i supposed to do now?
Original post by Anonymous
i need advice, my father is a drug addict anyways, i need new school book for year 12 but my stupid excuse for a dad spent all the money that was supposed to be mine on drugs my mum dosent really care about education and is not encouraging what im i supposed to do now?

have you checked if you're eligible for ema or any grants?
Reply 2
What is the name of the book you are looking for?

If I were in your position I would go speak to a trusted teacher or a school councellor like most schools have and tell them about your situation. Schools have programs in place for people in similar circumstances to you and have funding like pupil premium or bursaries that allow you a certain amount of money each month to buy the books and equipment you need. They'll also do what's best for you regarding your home life, you just need to talk to someone and hopefully things will get better. Your situation sounds hard and my heart goes out to you. Wish you all the best ❤️
Reply 4
Original post by Annahelmis
If I were in your position I would go speak to a trusted teacher or a school councellor like most schools have and tell them about your situation. Schools have programs in place for people in similar circumstances to you and have funding like pupil premium or bursaries that allow you a certain amount of money each month to buy the books and equipment you need. They'll also do what's best for you regarding your home life, you just need to talk to someone and hopefully things will get better. Your situation sounds hard and my heart goes out to you. Wish you all the best ❤️

thanks it means alot things have always been bad and its tough but hay ho got to keep moving forward
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
have you checked if you're eligible for ema or any grants?

i have researched into it but it looks like they have stopped funding in the uk
i have researched into it but it looks like they have stopped funding in the uk

EMA doesn't exist in England any more.

Your college should have a learner support fund?
thanks it means alot things have always been bad and its tough but hay ho got to keep moving forward

Wow you have a really amazing attitude towards all of this. Very admirable and mature. If you ever need someone to talk to let me know x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending