The Student Room Group

Should I tell my friend they're delusional?

Im gonna be as vague as possible here incase my friend realises its me.

I have this friend whos as lazy as **** and all she does is get stoned all day. She has this deluded idea shes gonna go to one of the best universities in the world to do a very competitive course.

They still copy me in tests and make me do all group work when it comes to it too.

They did **** in their GCSEs and have screwed up the only AS they have. They will be predicted like 2/3 grades below the entry requirements likely for every grade.

How do I tell my friend to wake the f**k up and actually start working? Or is this just non of my business?
Reply 1

I have this friend whos as lazy as **** and all she does is get stoned all day. She has this deluded idea shes gonna go to one of the best universities in the world to do a very competitive course.

They still copy me in tests and make me do all group work when it comes to that kind of thing too. They dont even bring a paper, pen or folder into schoo.

They did **** in their GCSEs and have screwed up the only AS they have. They will be predicted like 2/3 grades below the entry requirements for every grade.

How do I tell my friend to wake the f**k up and actually start working? Or is this just non of my business?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

They still copy me in tests and make me do all group work when it comes to it too.

They did **** in their GCSEs and have screwed up the only AS they have. They will be predicted like 2/3 grades below the entry requirements likely for every grade.

Leave them to it
we all have those kinds of friends and they wont listen
Your friend probably needs a reality check
Yes, unless they have gained class consciousness and are joining the struggle to overthrow the ruling class.
Original post by razah123
Leave them to it
we all have those kinds of friends and they wont listen
Your friend probably needs a reality check

Original post by Marxwasright
Yes, unless they have gained class consciousness and are joining the struggle to overthrow the ruling class.

I agree, if their failing their AS then it's not like they will 'wake up' to reality.
Original post by Anonymous
Im gonna be as vague as possible here

realistically it is too late to intervene; it sounds as if your friend has decided to opt out of striving to achieve. unless they have family resources to keep them afloat it could end sadly.
You can speak to them about it and encourage them to start making an effort with their education, but you can't force them to do anything

I'd definitely stop doing group presentations and not let them copy your tests
Stop enabling her by letting her cheat off you - that's just giving her an excuse to not acknowledge the fact she's doing so badly. Other than that she's clearly not seeing reason, you probably need to let her live her life... she'll realise and have to resit and hopefully it will be a wake up call

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending