The Student Room Group

my boyfriend's mother calle d and she ****ing roasted me - should I tell him

She called, and invited us to some kind of 'family bbq' next week. I said we cant come because we have other plans (i wasn't lying).We got into a fight and she said some really nasty stuff apparently im ruining her son's life because
I'm a 'gold digger' who is using him for his money (well she didnt say this directly but not so subtly suggested it)
im a bad influence
i make him unhappy because i 'pretend' to be depressed, and in reality im just lazy
i try to 'isolate' him from the family
he always wanted (ACCORDING TO HER) to have a REAL family - wife and kids (m pretty sure he's gay af, but he always lies about it and claims to be bi)

She never really liked me and thats fineBut seriously, this? she didnt sound drunk or anything so im pretty sure she meant every word. Im not perfect but she doesnt know **** about me or my feelings. He's not some frigging vulnerable teen, he's older than me and he knew what he wa s getting himself into

What i need advice with is - should i tell him about what she said to me or not? i mean, if i do, he will probably have a fight with her, and thats going to make things even worse, right?

Scroll to see replies

hmm....sticky situation. Ask him if he feels this way and tell him that his mum said so.
Tell him not to mention it to his mother because yes, that will make things worse and it'll just give her another excuse to taunt you..

in any case, if you already know that he loves you and he's okay with the relationship. You can just ignore the mum.
and has she displayed this sort of disapproval with your relationship before this? like when you first starting dating?
Sounds like Godzilla.
Judging by how you come across on here.. can't blame her

Soz not soz
Reply 5
Original post by butfirst_coffee
hmm....sticky situation. Ask him if he feels this way and tell him that his mum said so.
Tell him not to mention it to his mother because yes, that will make things worse and it'll just give her another excuse to taunt you..

in any case, if you already know that he loves you and he's okay with the relationship. You can just ignore the mum.

Oh he'd definitely have a word with her. we have our ups and downs but he can be kinda overprotective sometimes. So yeah maybe I should just ignore it eh

Original post by te159311
Step 1, acquire a paper bag ,dog **** and a lighter
Step 2, place **** in bag and set alight
Step 3, place outside her doorstep and ring bell
Step 4, Run

........... :colonhash:
Original post by butfirst_coffee
and has she displayed this sort of disapproval with your relationship before this? like when you first starting dating?
yeah. but never like that. and not all at once lol
Reply 6
You sound like a selfish dick and you're only with him for your own gain, doubt you care about him. I hope he hurts you and cheats with a girl or something.
Original post by Ciel.
She called, and invited us to some kind of 'family bbq' next week. I said we cant come because we have other plans (i wasn't lying).We got into a fight and she said some really nasty stuff apparently im ruining her son's life because
I'm a 'gold digger' who is using him for his money (well she didnt say this directly but not so subtly suggested it)
im a bad influence
i make him unhappy because i 'pretend' to be depressed, and in reality im just lazy
i try to 'isolate' him from the family
he always wanted (ACCORDING TO HER) to have a REAL family - wife and kids (m pretty sure he's gay af, but he always lies about it and claims to be bi)

She never really liked me and thats fineBut seriously, this? she didnt sound drunk or anything so im pretty sure she meant every word. Im not perfect but she doesnt know **** about me or my feelings. He's not some frigging vulnerable teen, he's older than me and he knew what he wa s getting himself into

What i need advice with is - should i tell him about what she said to me or not? i mean, if i do, he will probably have a fight with her, and thats going to make things even worse, right?

'I'm pretty sure he's gay af but lies about it and claims to be bi' no wonder his mum ****ing hates you. If you think he's 'gay af' then do the poor guy and his mum a favour and sod off
Reply 8
Original post by UnknownRoyalist

Soz not soz

'how you come across on here.' - well, how? do tell.

Original post by ganache
You sound like a selfish dick and you're only with him for your own gain, doubt you care about him. I hope he hurts you and cheats with a girl or something.

thanks, exactly what i needed to hear. you are the best <3
Original post by Annahelmis
Definitely talk to your boyfriend about this. If he doesn't believe you and takes his mum's side in the matter without listening to you then you know that they're the type of people you don't want to be involved with and leave

pretty sure he would believe me. but i think telling him will make things worse. like, they will argue too, etc
she might be right you know maybe she just wants to protect her son
Reply 10
'I'm pretty sure he's gay af but lies about it and claims to be bi' no wonder his mum ****ing hates you. If you think he's 'gay af' then do the poor guy and his mum a favour and sod off

What's wrong with that? He seriously doesnt seem very interested in women. He prefers dicks, how is that my fault?
Reply 11
Original post by Ciel.

thanks, exactly what i needed to hear. you are the best <3

No problem, you reek of arrogance and general self superiority, Ive heard **** are often jealous of bis.
Original post by Ciel.
What's wrong with that? He seriously doesnt seem very interested in women. He prefers dicks, how is that my fault?

I never said it was your fault. The insensitive way you phrase things makes you sound like an *******. Maybe he's figuring out his sexuality which can be a hard and complex time for people and the last thing they need is ignorant ****s like you presuming it for them.

Soz not soz

More drama...
Reply 14
Original post by Angry Bird
she might be right you know maybe she just wants to protect her son

Right about what, exactly?sShe's a goddamn liar,a paranoid one at that
Original post by ganache
No problem, you reek of arrogance and general self superiority, Ive heard **** are often jealous of bis.

Uhmm, no, I'm not 'jealous'
In a thread you posted a while ago you said that you don't work meaning you rely on him financially. Therefore, that's probably why you come across as a "gold digger" to her
Reply 16
I never said it was your fault. The insensitive way you phrase things makes you sound like an *******. Maybe he's figuring out his sexuality which can be a hard and complex time for people and the last thing they need is ignorant ****s like you presuming it for them.

because im angry and upset i guess... oh i dont think thats what hes doing. seriously, hes in his mid 20s. i think she just cant accept the fact that she wont have any grandchildren

Original post by Reality Check
More drama...

Yeah. But im not the one creating it ; < idk i just seem to attract negativity
Original post by Reality Check
More drama...

Definitely, whether it's true or not is a different story - I suspect it's just another attention craving attempt
Reply 18
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
In a thread you posted a while ago you said that you don't work meaning you rely on him financially. Therefore, that's probably why you come across as a "gold digger" to her

Yeah, I do now. but i used to work, too

Definitely, whether it's true or not is a different story - I suspect it's just another attention craving attempt

oh i wish it was lol
If it were me, then I might take a step back from all the drama, talk to her and mend some bridges. It looks like you have taken him away from her and she was making an effort to have you over which you rejected. I'm all for a quiet life and id rather get on with people than not.

Its up to you how you wnat to live your life though, shes still his mum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending