The Student Room Group

my boyfriend's mother calle d and she ****ing roasted me - should I tell him

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1secondsofvamps
In a thread you posted a while ago you said that you don't work meaning you rely on him financially. Therefore, that's probably why you come across as a "gold digger" to her

lmao @Ciel. she just brought receipts on yo ass
Original post by Ciel.
She called, and invited us to some kind of 'family bbq' next week. I said we cant come because we have other plans (i wasn't lying).We got into a fight and she said some really nasty stuff apparently im ruining her son's life because
I'm a 'gold digger' who is using him for his money (well she didnt say this directly but not so subtly suggested it)
im a bad influence
i make him unhappy because i 'pretend' to be depressed, and in reality im just lazy
i try to 'isolate' him from the family
he always wanted (ACCORDING TO HER) to have a REAL family - wife and kids (m pretty sure he's gay af, but he always lies about it and claims to be bi)

She never really liked me and thats fineBut seriously, this? she didnt sound drunk or anything so im pretty sure she meant every word. Im not perfect but she doesnt know **** about me or my feelings. He's not some frigging vulnerable teen, he's older than me and he knew what he wa s getting himself into

What i need advice with is - should i tell him about what she said to me or not? i mean, if i do, he will probably have a fight with her, and thats going to make things even worse, right?

What were your other plans?

you should of said you wanted to go to the bbq you ****ing horrible little attention seeking ****, get a ****ing job lazy *****.
Reply 22
Original post by 999tigger
If it were me, then I might take a step back from all the drama, talk to her and mend some bridges. It looks like you have taken him away from her and she was making an effort to have you over which you rejected. I'm all for a quiet life and id rather get on with people than not.

Its up to you how you wnat to live your life though, shes still his mum.

what would i say to her though? 'you're wrong?' id have to explain things to her, and I genuinely cant explain my personal problems to her. and its all connected - depression, being off work and all that. i dont want to tell her because its way too personal. i havent even told my friends about most stuff

Original post by 0to100
lmao @Ciel. she just brought receipts on yo ass

:colonhash:
Original post by Ciel.
what would i say to her though? 'you're wrong?' id have to explain things to her, and I genuinely cant explain my personal problems to her. and its all connected - depression, being off work and all that. i dont want to tell her because its way too personal. i havent even told my friends about most stuff

:colonhash:

nobody gives a **** get over yourself
Reply 24
Original post by Soldierman
nobody gives a **** get over yourself

you clearly do. enough to reply anyway
Original post by Ciel.
you clearly do. enough to reply anyway

oooooooooooooh

look at me ive got so many problems oooooooooooooooh

you thought about killing yourself is your big secret, Nobody cares.
I think you should call her and say you want to make peace as theres no reason you shouldnt get on. For your part you apologise for anything said that offended and would like to move on. Ask her if theres any chance to move the date or alternatively look into moving your existing plans. You need to leave what she said in the past.

Just go, be civil and it denies her the opportunity to demonise you. I can well understand her reaction. If you arent interested n making peace then youll just have to deal with having an enemy.
Reply 27
oooooooooooooh

look at me ive got so many problems oooooooooooooooh

you thought about killing yourself is your big secret, Nobody cares.

haha, no, thats not it. that one is not a secret. :h: stop trying to pick a fight me, its not going to work.

Original post by 999tigger
I think you should call her and say you want to make peace as theres no reason you shouldnt get on. For your part you apologise for anything said that offended and would like to move on. Ask her if theres any chance to move the date or alternatively look into moving your existing plans. You need to leave what she said in the past.

Just go, be civil and it denies her the opportunity to demonise you. I can well understand her reaction. If you arent interested n making peace then youll just have to deal with having an enemy.

it seems unfair though. I havent done anything wrong. shes just unhappy with his choices, and takes it out on me. but i guess you are right i dont really have many options. i will have to see how i feel about the whole situation tomorrow. maybe i will just separate myself from his family completely but will still encourage him to go to that stupid thing by himself
Original post by Ciel.
haha, no, thats not it. that one is not a secret. :h: stop trying to pick a fight me, its not going to work.

oh I've got it, you're a gay attention seeking little ****

i hope your boyfriend dumps you

GET A JOB BENEFIT SCROUNGER
Reply 29
oh I've got it, you're a gay attention seeking little ****

i hope your boyfriend dumps you

GET A JOB BENEFIT SCROUNGER

are you seriously trying to get banned? *sigh* go to bed.
Original post by Ciel.
are you seriously trying to get banned? *sigh* go to bed.

you might be gay but you're still male, act like it and grow some balls

go to the bbq say please and thanks
Reply 31
Mother-in-law from hell material...
Can you compromise at all with the situation? Like maybe come in for a few hours or something?
Original post by te159311
Step 1, acquire a paper bag ,dog **** and a lighter
Step 2, place **** in bag and set alight
Step 3, place outside her doorstep and ring bell
Step 4, Run

hahahahaha

wait wait what does the fire do to the ****?
Original post by trapking
hahahahaha

wait wait what does the fire do to the ****?

I mean fire only enhances the content.
Reply 35
Original post by Zarek
Mother-in-law from hell material...

eh
Original post by saharan_skies
Can you compromise at all with the situation? Like maybe come in for a few hours or something?

don't really feel like seeing here. defo not for a long while at least. will probably just tell him to go by himself
How come you arent trying to find a job again? I think I forgot.

The reason why his mum feels that way is probably because you are unemployed and thinks you are making no effort to get a job and are relying on him.
Reply 37
Original post by Anonymous
How come you arent trying to find a job again? I think I forgot.

The reason why his mum feels that way is probably because you are unemployed and thinks you are making no effort to get a job and are relying on him.

Really bad depression + anxiety. I have good days and bad days of course, but no employer would tolerate that. Anti anxiety meds give me *****y side effects like tiredness 24/7, inability to focus for long periods of time, brain fog. I've resigned from my job before they could fire me. I kept ****ing up really important stuff (I was a trainee solicitor - one time I got our clients completely mixed up and ended up sharing some really confidential info with someone I shouldn't have...... It's a ****ing miracle nobody found out). I know this is going to sound really dramatic but work was slowly driving me insane - for some reason when I'm really stressed for long periods of time, I actually start experiencing hallucinations, it's messed up
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ciel.
Really bad depression + anxiety. I have good days and bad days of course, but no employer would tolerate that. Anti anxiety meds give me *****y side effects like tiredness 24/7, inability to focus for long periods of time, brain fog. I've resigned from my job before they could fire me. I kept ****ing up really important stuff (I was a trainee solicitor - one time I got our clients completely mixed up and ended up sharing some really confidential info with someone I shouldn't have...... It's a ****ing miracle nobody found out). I know this is going to sound really dramatic but work was slowly driving me insane - for some reason when I'm really stressed for long periods of time, I actually start experiencing hallucinations, it's messed up

Oh dear</3 it's good you left. You don't need to bind yourself to the responsibilities of this world at a cost of your mental health and happiness. And meds aren't the best of treatment either..

I hope you are doing well and your boyfriend better be taking optimal care of you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by butfirst_coffee
Oh dear</3 it's good you left. You don't need to bind yourself to the responsibilities of this world at a cost of your mental health and happiness. And meds aren't the best of treatment either..

I hope you are doing well and your boyfriend better be taking optimal care of you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I know a lot of people discourage taking anti anxiety meds long-term. But therapy just isn't my thing..
And thanks, that's very sweet of you. <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending